Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 04:26 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,689,623 times

Advertisements

https://www.bloombergquint.com/polit...sion-joe-biden

Joe Biden has promised to revoke suspension on controversial H1b visas for Foreign citizens if he is elected to power. He also talked about giving citizenship to 11 million undocumented migrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2020, 05:15 AM

10 posts, read 5,120 times
Biden is actually worse option than Trump.

Old 07-02-2020, 07:13 AM

13,258 posts, read 7,312,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
https://www.bloombergquint.com/polit...sion-joe-biden

Joe Biden has promised to revoke suspension on controversial H1b visas for Foreign citizens if he is elected to power. He also talked about giving citizenship to 11 million undocumented migrants.
I rather have H1B come here to the US instead now they just outsource remote workers in India which is worse since those people are not spending the money here in the US. It's more expensive to bring an IT worker to the US from India. Here in the US we don't have enough IT workers it's not just about money. I work in the IT industry.

Old 07-02-2020, 08:25 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Biden said he will increase the corporate tax rate to 28%....very bad for America.
And all those Obama era business regulations will be enforced again (Obama enforced more regs than any POTUS ever, while Trump removed more regs than any POTUS ever).
And God knows what kind of wars Biden will trigger.....all Presidents get us into wars, except for Trump.
At least Trump spent $1.4 trillion on military defense, so the world is now scared of war with America....
The effective corporate tax rat was like 70% in the 1950s, a time most conservatives consider to be America's golden age for some reason. Did we not have corporations then? The current corporate rates are some of the lowest in history. If they can't survive even a modest increase, they're terribly run.
The Obama years were generally good for business. You just seem to spout off a lot of claims you can't back up. It's pure fear-mongering at its finest.

I thought Trump supporters claim he got us out of wars and international agreements, so why did he need to spend all that money on the military? Especially when he didn't care about dead soldiers?

Old 07-02-2020, 09:07 AM

13,741 posts, read 7,999,139 times
It's been a horrendous six weeks for Trump. Yet amazingly after 24/7 bad news carpet bombing he's still within striking distance in the battle ground states. I read a book on the 2016 election and there were those in the Clinton camp who warned Hillary as early as Feb. the polls weren't accurately measuring Trumps support. My feeling is that's true today as well.

In any event the jobs report was strong and with Biden is mostly being tucked away from the public... my money says K. Harris gets the VP spot.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:11 AM

13,741 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slenderman585 View Post
Biden is actually worse option than Trump.
This.

As in 2016 independents will break for Trump.

Old 07-02-2020, 10:20 AM

1,411 posts, read 565,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
This.

As in 2016 independents will break for Trump.
I truly wish I could agree with you, but my sense is that the "anyone but Trump" sector of the voting public is growing by leaps & bounds, and will hand the election to the dangerous, undeserving puppet, clueless Joe.

Old 07-02-2020, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
It's been a horrendous six weeks for Trump. Yet amazingly after 24/7 bad news carpet bombing he's still within striking distance in the battle ground states. I read a book on the 2016 election and there were those in the Clinton camp who warned Hillary as early as Feb. the polls weren't accurately measuring Trumps support. My feeling is that's true today as well.

In any event the jobs report was strong and with Biden is mostly being tucked away from the public... my money says K. Harris gets the VP spot.
Trump could see polling move 50% more towards him than they did versus polling in 2016 and Biden would still win.

There is no reason to believe Trump has more support now than then. It's pure wishful thinking.

Old 07-02-2020, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
I truly wish I could agree with you, but my sense is that the "anyone but Trump" sector of the voting public is growing by leaps & bounds, and will hand the election to the dangerous, undeserving puppet, clueless Joe.
I guarantee you that should Biden win, the nation will be in a much better state in 2024 than it is now under Trump. It's not even a question. In fact, I hope you all save this post so we can bump it in 4 years.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:06 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Biden said he will increase the corporate tax rate to 28%....very bad for America.
And all those Obama era business regulations will be enforced again (Obama enforced more regs than any POTUS ever, while Trump removed more regs than any POTUS ever).
And God knows what kind of wars Biden will trigger.....all Presidents get us into wars, except for Trump.
At least Trump spent $1.4 trillion on military defense, so the world is now scared of war with America....
Trump is trying to take money away from the Military for his outdated Wall.

Corporations need to pay more tax. Trump has given them too many breaks. Amazon makes many $ Billions and doesn’t pay a penny. Why should the middle class support big corporations?

Obama’s regulations were good for our country. Obama was a President who cared about our country and its citizens. Trump only cares about himself.

Biden will not get us into unnecessary wars. And unlike Trump, Biden will not suck up to Vladamir Outin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections