Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 11:18 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,163,511 times

Advertisements

Chaos over Paul cuts short gathering | www.rgj.com | Reno Gazette-Journal

The GOP ought to be concerned with what's happening right under their noses. Never underestimate people who met online and believe in their cause. We believe in loyalty to our country and what we want it to be. We aren't loyal to the Republican Party. You're just the vehicle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 07:52 AM

YouTube - Ron Paul Hits it out of the Park on CNN American Morning

CNN interview

Old 04-29-2008, 08:18 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,840,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Thanks for the link. Man I wish that Paul were the nominee instead of hot head McCain Keep the revolution going Paul!! High marks as well for John Roberts and a fair interview with good questions and no condescending tone these media scum bags usually like to give when they're talking with someone who's political views they don't agree with.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:28 AM

Sal,

be sure to get Paul's book on Amazon.com. Revolution: A Manifesto. It outlines strategies for taking back the country and the GOP through their own rules. I just ordered my copy. Should be here in 3-5 days.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Sal,

be sure to get Paul's book on Amazon.com. Revolution: A Manifesto. It outlines strategies for taking back the country and the GOP through their own rules. I just ordered my copy. Should be here in 3-5 days.
Thanks. I will.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:49 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,644,228 times
This is interesting......I was listening to Hannity on the radio yesterday, and he had a call from a woman who was one of the organizers of the convention and she was upset that the 'Ron Paul nuts' disrupted the party. She went so far as to warn all other states that have yet to have their conventions to 'watch out for the Ron Paul people'.
Please! The state and national levels of the Republican party are getting their wake up calls....people no longer will put up with being served a fait accompli candidate ala W, and now McCain. People want their voices heard, and good for them!

Old 04-29-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
This is interesting......I was listening to Hannity on the radio yesterday, and he had a call from a woman who was one of the organizers of the convention and she was upset that the 'Ron Paul nuts' disrupted the party. She went so far as to warn all other states that have yet to have their conventions to 'watch out for the Ron Paul people'.
Please! The state and national levels of the Republican party are getting their wake up calls....people no longer will put up with being served a fait accompli candidate ala W, and now McCain. People want their voices heard, and good for them!
The GOP has recently preferred loyalty to party over country. That's not the case with the Paulites.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
The current GOP party is very intolerant of other people's views and very hypocritical as a whole. I finally woke up and left the party. People like the woman you mentioned are poor misguided fools who will follow whichever person gets their party's nomination, no matter how far out of touch he is with the principles of the party. You're right McCain is W lite or in this case just another neo-con who's dragged this once proud party down to the gutter. Hannity or as I call him neo-con Sean is just part of the party puppet machinery along with Ingraham and Limbaugh. Forget them.
The Nevada experience has taught Ron Paul supporters is that the fight isn't over. Far from it. This should be a rallying cry for Paul supporters to be a major presence at every state GOP convention, including the national one.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:14 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,933,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALteacher View Post
The current GOP party is very intolerant of other people's views and very hypocritical as a whole. I finally woke up and left the party. People like the woman you mentioned are poor misguided fools who will follow whichever person gets their party's nomination, no matter how far out of touch he is with the principles of the party. You're right McCain is W lite or in this case just another neo-con who's dragged this once proud party down to the gutter. Hannity or as I call him neo-con Sean is just part of the party puppet machinery along with Ingraham and Limbaugh. Forget them.
The Nevada experience has taught Ron Paul supporters is that the fight isn't over. Far from it. This should be a rallying cry for Paul supporters to be a major presence at every state GOP convention, including the national one.
I doubt Ron Paul will make a difference in this election. The Democrats were going to win this election anyways so what little help the Ron Paul folks give them will not have mattered. Now if he decides to take this to the local level and work itself up he may be a serious contender as a third party in the next election. We really need a third party to challenge the reigning 2-party system.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
I doubt Ron Paul will make a difference in this election. The Democrats were going to win this election anyways so what little help the Ron Paul folks give them will not have mattered. Now if he decides to take this to the local level and work itself up he may be a serious contender as a third party in the next election. We really need a third party to challenge the reigning 2-party system.
I think the overall goal here is to start at the bottom and work for reform within the party right to the top. The GOP is rotted inside and out. I don't entirely disagree with your opinion about a 3rd party, but it's very difficult to pull that off in a country like this. I think the better route is to fix the existing party from the inside, which Paul has started to try and do. Clean out the neo-cons and blue blooded republicans and fix a standard to the party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections