Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 06:49 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,811,764 times

Advertisements

Paul camp cries fraud over Nevada Caucus results - National Independent | Examiner.com

Paul haters, before you come in and defecate on the thread saying "conspiracy theory", "sore losers" etc., READ the article in its entirety. When something like voter fraud is suspected, it should trouble EVERYONE, whether you like Paul or not, because democracy is being subverted here. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 07:02 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,390,751 times
So? It has been a well established fact after Florida in 2000 that the GOP cannot run a clean election. That is not really news.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:18 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,490,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
So? It has been a well established fact after Florida in 2000 that the GOP cannot run a clean election. That is not really news.
Great solution.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:18 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
ALL the problems encountered in Florida 2000 were in democrat controlled counties.

You remember, numbskulls not being able to figure out a butterfly ballot?

Old 02-05-2012, 08:20 PM

106 posts, read 157,553 times
  • Obvious voter fraud in Iowa in favor of Romney; after the recount ONLY Santorum's and Romney's votes are ever discussed even though Paul only trailed by 3%
  • Many in the Mitt Romney camp claim the South Carolina primary was fishy because it was an open primary (even though Mitt handily won NH and that was an open primary)
But when the Ron Paul camp brings it up it's labeled as conspiracy and more looney talk.

Explain to me why CNN decided to blackout rather than go on until 2AM over the tallies like they did with Iowa. Voter fraud affects all of the candidates but clearly favors one(s) more than the other. There comes a point where people just need to call it like they see it, regardless as to whether they're going to be dubbed as pulling the "Race Card", "Fraud Card", or any other card that is called in order to hinder discussion.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:23 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,390,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
ALL the problems encountered in Florida 2000 were in democrat controlled counties.

You remember, numbskulls not being able to figure out a butterfly ballot?
I remember a bunch of RWNJ breaking into a ballot counting area and harrasing people (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks_Brothers_riot), I remember how Cathrine Harris did everything in her power to shut down the vote counting. I even remember a county returning negative votes for Gore, how exactly does one cast negative votes.

With that said it would not surprise me in the slightest to know that back room ballot fraud happened in at least Iowa. I stand by what I said. I don't think the GOP is capable of running clean elections without someone breathing down their necks about it and watching their every move. Is there anything I can do about it, not really, but the possibility that they screwed Paul and Santorum seems very plausible.

Edit: I almost forgot this more recent gem of GOP electioneering. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...MNEN1N36QG.DTL

Last edited by Randomstudent; 02-05-2012 at 08:41 PM..

Old 02-05-2012, 08:40 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,385,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeCityRoller View Post
  • Obvious voter fraud in Iowa in favor of Romney; after the recount ONLY Santorum's and Romney's votes are ever discussed even though Paul only trailed by 3%
  • Many in the Mitt Romney camp claim the South Carolina primary was fishy because it was an open primary (even though Mitt handily won NH and that was an open primary)
But when the Ron Paul camp brings it up it's labeled as conspiracy and more looney talk.

Explain to me why CNN decided to blackout rather than go on until 2AM over the tallies like they did with Iowa. Voter fraud affects all of the candidates but clearly favors one(s) more than the other. There comes a point where people just need to call it like they see it, regardless as to whether they're going to be dubbed as pulling the "Race Card", "Fraud Card", or any other card that is called in order to hinder discussion.

Because there were problems discovered with a small number of ballot boxes and the Nevada GOP stopped the recount at 4 AM Mountain time. There would have been no point for CNN to continue live coverage. In fact, ballots are still being recounted as I type.

In that long-winded article, only one sentence really mattered:

Quote:
Even the Ron Paul supporters will concede they have no concrete proof of actual election fraud regarding the tabulation of the Nevada Caucus ballots.
Lots of finger pointing and victimization from Paul supporters, but no evidence to back up the claims of fraud. It doesn't matter anyway, because no amount of evidence will ever convince the conspiracy theorist who is always looking for a nefarious motive.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:08 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,811,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post
Lots of finger pointing and victimization from Paul supporters, but no evidence to back up the claims of fraud.
Whaddaya want? CCTV HD footage of Romney himself climbing in through the window and personally striking off Paul's name in all the ballots and putting in his? Of course it's circumstantial evidence. But too many circumstances and occurrences to be brushed off as coincidence. If anyone in the establishment cared enough to launch an investigation, maybe we might learn the truth, but who cares eh? Screw Paul and everyone who voted for him, right?

Old 02-05-2012, 09:11 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,724 times
Haha, I wouldn't even doubt it. Look at this map from CNN. In the counties Paul and Gingrich won, they place Romney on the top.

Primaries - Election Center 2012 - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

Old 02-05-2012, 09:17 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,433,212 times
The article is obviously written,and admitedly written by a Ron Paul partisan who was expecting vote fraud to begin with and attempts to use the fact that 'other ron paul partisans' were posting such suspicions on social media as proof ,although there is no actual evidence of that being the case.He tries to extrapolate that because Ron Paul did well in one precinct in clark county he therefore 'must' have done 'that well' in all the other precincts in the county.

I suppose using that theory Romney supporters could claim that since Romney won like 80% in Lincoln county he 'must' have done that well statewide...its all the same state....and if a bunch of Romney supporters all started tweeting each other to that effect it must be true.Of course that would be silly beyond belief

Every place a certain segment of Paul supporters have convinced themselves he is going to win but doesn't turns into a big conspiracy,crybaby dustup which just further turns people off of Paul. Ron Pauls biggest problem getting support isn't Ron Paul...its a certain segment of his supporters.If you really think the elections are all rigged and he can't win because all of his votes will be stolen then why bother to even participate in the process??Why bother to browbeat and insult those who 'won't see the light' despite all of the youtube vids you've provided us with.Why bother to encourage us to support your guy when you think his votes will all be stolen anyway?Elections matter or they don't...make up your mind which it is.

I even like a lot about Ron Paul and most of his supporters are fine but there is a loud vocal minority that are driving more potential people away than will ever be gained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections