Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 11:03 PM

29,981 posts, read 43,011,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Paul camp cries fraud over Nevada Caucus results - National Independent | Examiner.com

Paul haters, before you come in and defecate on the thread saying "conspiracy theory", "sore losers" etc., READ the article in its entirety. When something like voter fraud is suspected, it should trouble EVERYONE, whether you like Paul or not, because democracy is being subverted here. Thank you.
Well, we know that there was fraud in the Iowa primaries so this is not a complete suprise.

Edited to add: was Carl Rove seen in Nevada on Saturday?

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 02-05-2012 at 11:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 11:07 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,949,270 times
Unfortunately, I do think voter fraud is a problem. No it isn't a new issue, either. There are things that can be done, but there has to be a will to fix it in the first place.

I can say I do get tired of the personal superfluous stuff that flies about. However, I see it from a variety of people. Some of it I think is genuinely not ill intentioned, just emotionally driven. I think people need to take responsibility for how they "read into" statements, as well.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:13 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,193,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeCityRoller View Post
  • Obvious voter fraud in Iowa in favor of Romney; after the recount ONLY Santorum's and Romney's votes are ever discussed even though Paul only trailed by 3%
  • Many in the Mitt Romney camp claim the South Carolina primary was fishy because it was an open primary (even though Mitt handily won NH and that was an open primary)
But when the Ron Paul camp brings it up it's labeled as conspiracy and more looney talk.

Explain to me why CNN decided to blackout rather than go on until 2AM over the tallies like they did with Iowa. Voter fraud affects all of the candidates but clearly favors one(s) more than the other. There comes a point where people just need to call it like they see it, regardless as to whether they're going to be dubbed as pulling the "Race Card", "Fraud Card", or any other card that is called in order to hinder discussion.

Actually we still don't know what happened in Iowa because 8 precincts are still not accounted for. For all you know, Romney might have actually won. That whole ordeal was a mess.

Also, NH was a semi open primary not an open primary...Independents and Republicans could vote in NH...not Democrats. In SC, all could vote. There is not a thing that can be done about it, Romney still lost, but I would say it did have some effect. That is their system and you just have to work within it.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:16 AM

26,614 posts, read 15,180,659 times
That is really shoddy reporting. Ron Paul appeared to get 100% of the vote in the not reported precincts?!?! Laughable at best.

MATH 9% of precincts didn't report. Under the absurd condition that Ron Paul who finished 3rd got all 100% from the missing precincts composing 9% of the polls...then he moves from 3rd to 2nd, but Romney still DOUBLES him.

Just like the random phone polls and exit polls showed.

Tin Foil Hats!

Old 02-06-2012, 05:41 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,816,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
I don't think Paul can do anything about it,it is what it is.That still doesn't change the fact that the actions of some of his most vocal supporters has an impact on whether a lot of people who haven't been following the guy since the 1980's like me will even give him a serious look.Are you so thick that you don't think that people look at those who are already supporters of a candidate to decide whether they wish to be associated with him or not?

You won't be a determining factor in who I vote for.You may be a determining factor in who may neighbor considers voting for.By the time my states primary comes up I think things will be determined anyway,and I give him no chance to win here regardless because a lot of people don't support him and I think this 'surge'idea is a pipedream.He hasn't been able to adequately sell himself and his ideas and some of his supporters actions have been counter productive ,in my opinion.You are free to ignore my opinion,and continue to lobby for your guy in the manner you have been.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Most Paul supporters are fine,but you can just look around this forum and see there are a whole lot more posts from Paul supporters[mostly the same eight or ten], calling people stupid,sheep,brainwashed,ignorant,uninformed,etc. and then gloating about how happy they will be when the apocalypse is brought upon us and the country collapses because people didn't vote Ron Paul in.I haven't seen many of the others supporters doing this.I also haven't read any posts alleging their candidates were robbed of votes except for Paul supporters.

I'm not thrilled by any of the four candidates.Gingrich is the only one I feel I CAN'T pull the lever for.Nevertheless I haven't bothered to call his supporters any names that I recall.I think I can look in the mirror just fine.
If you want to choose a candidate based on how some of his supporters dress, be my guest. Civic involvement and responsibility at its finest. I suggest you also look at the candidates' gardeners and their milkmen to see if they like the same TV shows you like. You are intelligent, educated, informed and very handsome. Please enjoy Romney/Obama's second term.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:28 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,496,593 times
No inaccuracy in vote counting should be tolerated. There is no "acceptable margin of error." In elections where even a few votes can change the course of history, there is no legitimate reason for getting the math wrong. Simply count the ballots accurately and report the totals correctly/objectively.

The idea that the total doesn't matter because Romney would have won anyway is nonsense. If you start allowing shoddy vote counting, the entire democratic system is undermined. For our system to have any legitimacy whatsoever, the vote counters must get their math right.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:58 AM

325 posts, read 220,204 times
Never mind exit polls. Only actual votes should be counted before anything is announced.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:52 AM

3,202 posts, read 4,444,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
If you want to choose a candidate based on how some of his supporters dress, be my guest. Civic involvement and responsibility at its finest. I suggest you also look at the candidates' gardeners and their milkmen to see if they like the same TV shows you like. You are intelligent, educated, informed and very handsome. Please enjoy Romney/Obama's second term.
How they dress?What are you talking about?I wasn't aware that anyones supporters 'dressed' any different then anyone elses in the race?I was talking about how they act and I assume you are smart enough to know that since you have never struck me as stupid but merely delusional....

You're Ron Pauls #1 fan and if he is as great as you say and if his and your recruiting methods were effective you should have had no problem getting enough supporters to the polls in Nevada to defeat Romney considering the pathetic turnout that they always have but you weren't even able to beat Gingrich.

Don't get mad at me that your group hasn't convinced a majority of republicans that your guy is right for the job....if he gets the nomination i'll vote for him.Since you are so passionate about him its your job to help him get the numbers to prevail.If you fail then the 'Romney/Obama second term' as you frame it will be your fault not mine.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:01 AM

45,298 posts, read 26,557,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
So? It has been a well established fact after Florida in 2000 that the GOP cannot run a clean election. That is not really news.
Obviously you prefer a dictatorship and no elections.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:01 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,874,748 times
Paulinists' whine... whats new?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections