Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 08:04 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,086,202 times

Advertisements

Shocker. Ron Paul supporters have conspiracy theories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 08:04 AM

45,388 posts, read 26,662,543 times
one should never question authority

Old 02-06-2012, 08:07 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,923,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
one should never question authority
Especially when you choose to be under that authority... then you're just, an idiot.

But then, I've called "Ron Paul a useful idiot" for a reason... enough to cause indigestion to those who believe in that authority.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:07 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,428,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Obviously you prefer a dictatorship and no elections.
Quite the opposite, that is why I will never vote for a GOP candidate for secretary of state, or any position that allows them power over vote counting. Nor will I vote in a GOP primary unless I know someone running for moral support.

Instead if I can I will do my best to make sure as many Democrats and independents are in the counting room as possible. Obviously, I have no say over this in other states, so there really is not much I can do.

Trusting the GOP with running an election is like trusting a crack addict with an $100 bill. You really shouldn't be surprised when it doesn't work out.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:16 AM

12,685 posts, read 6,776,117 times
The thing that stinks of corruption: Iowa had to move all the vote counting to a secret location, then "lost" several ballot boxes. As you may remember, it was a "missing" box of ballots that gave Romney the temporary victory and another that returned victory back to Santorum. Did they ever find all the lost votes? It's amazing how under-reported that has been. Now the county in which 70% of Nevadans live seems to be having difficulty counting their votes. What in the world is going on here? If it's just gross incompetence, why does has it only happened in states where Ron Paul seems to be having strong showing?

The biggest reason I have an easy time accepting the concept of nearly criminal media misreporting and bias is because I've sat back and watched them do it to certain religions for many decades. Comparative religion being one of my favorite diversions, I know the straight story on most, so I sat there watching the MSM lie and exaggerate and sensationalize and mischaracterize for ages now. I've gotten quite familiar with the tactics they like to use, even if I can't for the life of me sort out why they are so massively biased.

Granted, New Hampshire was a state where Ron Paul did very well and there was no controversy. That's good to see. Florida and South Carolina didn't suddenly have "technical difficulties" midway through counting the vote. So why did it happen in Iowa and Nevada??

When there was no conspiracy and the Democrats were actively trying to steal the election in Florida in 2000, the outcry of conspiracy and the media coverage was all front and center. So why isn't this getting the same kind of coverage? The tone from the media is, "Oh well. Ho Hum. We'll just wait for them to figure it out."

Old 02-06-2012, 08:20 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,792,806 times
Like i said, F! the GOP!

Old 02-06-2012, 08:24 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,174,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The thing that stinks of corruption: Iowa had to move all the vote counting to a secret location, then "lost" several ballot boxes. As you may remember, it was a "missing" box of ballots that gave Romney the temporary victory and another that returned victory back to Santorum. Did they ever find all the lost votes? It's amazing how under-reported that has been. Now the county in which 70% of Nevadans live seems to be having difficulty counting their votes. What in the world is going on here? If it's just gross incompetence, why does has it only happened in states where Ron Paul seems to be having strong showing?

The biggest reason I have an easy time accepting the concept of nearly criminal media misreporting and bias is because I've sat back and watched them do it to certain religions for many decades. Comparative religion being one of my favorite diversions, I know the straight story on most, so I sat there watching the MSM lie and exaggerate and sensationalize and mischaracterize for ages now. I've gotten quite familiar with the tactics they like to use, even if I can't for the life of me sort out why they are so massively biased.

Granted, New Hampshire was a state where Ron Paul did very well and there was no controversy. That's good to see. Florida and South Carolina didn't suddenly have "technical difficulties" midway through counting the vote. So why did it happen in Iowa and Nevada??

When there was no conspiracy and the Democrats were actively trying to steal the election in Florida in 2000, the outcry of conspiracy and the media coverage was all front and center. So why isn't this getting the same kind of coverage? The tone from the media is, "Oh well. Ho Hum. We'll just wait for them to figure it out."
It's sad when a lot of people's attitudes are not to care about something unless it affects them personally.

This isn't me starting a "conspiracy", but I find it odd how Ron Paul came in second in Nevada in 2008, also behind Romney, but this year Gingrich beats him? If Nevada citizens preferred Paul over someone like McCain in 2008, why would they prefer Gingrich now? Different voters maybe, but it really isn't acceptable to have all the voting mishaps.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:02 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,819,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
How they dress?What are you talking about?I wasn't aware that anyones supporters 'dressed' any different then anyone elses in the race?I was talking about how they act and I assume you are smart enough to know that since you have never struck me as stupid but merely delusional....

You're Ron Pauls #1 fan and if he is as great as you say and if his and your recruiting methods were effective you should have had no problem getting enough supporters to the polls in Nevada to defeat Romney considering the pathetic turnout that they always have but you weren't even able to beat Gingrich.

Don't get mad at me that your group hasn't convinced a majority of republicans that your guy is right for the job....if he gets the nomination i'll vote for him.Since you are so passionate about him its your job to help him get the numbers to prevail.If you fail then the 'Romney/Obama second term' as you frame it will be your fault not mine.
I was being sarcastic in pointing out that instead of looking at the candidates' positions on issues, you are looking at factors the candidate have no control over and which does not affect how the candidate governs the country. If a Paul supporter dresses in drag, stands on the street corner every day and shows his rear end to the passersby while singing 'Ron Paul 2012 or Fark You' how does that disqualify the candidate himself? Paul's supporters are more vocal and passionate, so they also tend to be more vociferous (depending on one's view, one can interpret this as passion or pushiness). The media also does a fine job of highlighting the 1 nutjob in a crowd of 999 normal people as the quintessential Paul supporter.

Regarding the turnout, in every caucus and primary so far, regardless of whatever place Paul finished in the end, his turnout has been 2 to 5 times that of 2008.

IA

Romney - 29,949
Paul - 11,817

Romney - 29,805
Paul - 26,036

Romney - a decrease of 0.48%
Paul - an increase of 120.33%

NH

Romney - 75,546
Paul - 18,308

Romney - 97,532
Paul - 56,848

Romney - an increase of 29.10%
Paul - an increase of 210.51%

SC

Romney - 64,970
Paul - 15,773

Romney - 167,279
Paul - 77,993

Romney - an increase of 157.47%
Paul - an increase of 394.47%

FL

Romney - 604,932
Paul - 62,887

Romney - 771,842
Paul - 116,776

Romney - an increase of 27.59%
Paul - an increase of 85.69%

NV

Romney - 22,646
Paul - 6,084

Romney - 16,486
Paul - 6,175

Romney - a decrease of 27.20%
Paul - an increase of 1.50%

So when everywhere, even in FL where Paul did not campaign and had ZERO staff, he got major improvements from 2008, but suddenly in NV, one of his strongest states where he even came 2nd in 2008 when he was much lesser known, after campaigning there for 4 years, he got only 91 more votes than 2008? REALLY?

Now look at what Paul's campaign manager Carl Bunce said:

"We have more IDs than Romney had votes in '08," said Paul's state chairman, Carl Bunce, meaning identified supporters who have committed to attend Saturday's caucuses across the state. He wouldn't give a precise number, but Romney's 2008 vote total in his big Nevada win was 22,649."

Also from the same article:
"The town clerk, she said, has reported being stunned by the number of former Democrats and independents the Paulites have gotten to register as Republicans in order to caucus for Paul. The volunteers have netted 800 new registrations, according to Bunce."

But inexplicably on the election day, Paul supporters who usually go above and beyond to see Paul win, suddenly decide to all stay at home? Only 25% of those ID'd shows up to vote? The one precinct which CNN broadcasts live, Paul wins in a landslide, but everywhere else in Clark County he suddenly loses?

You seriously think we are all tin-foil hatters or maybe, just maybe, there is a teeny weeny chance that NV GOP did not want Paul to win and shafted him?

Old 02-06-2012, 12:28 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,034,126 times
I predicted it.... The excuses are rolling in!

LOLOLOL

Old 02-06-2012, 12:39 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,999,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
I was being sarcastic in pointing out that instead of looking at the candidates' positions on issues, you are looking at factors the candidate have no control over and which does not affect how the candidate governs the country. If a Paul supporter dresses in drag, stands on the street corner every day and shows his rear end to the passersby while singing 'Ron Paul 2012 or Fark You' how does that disqualify the candidate himself? Paul's supporters are more vocal and passionate, so they also tend to be more vociferous (depending on one's view, one can interpret this as passion or pushiness). The media also does a fine job of highlighting the 1 nutjob in a crowd of 999 normal people as the quintessential Paul supporter.

Regarding the turnout, in every caucus and primary so far, regardless of whatever place Paul finished in the end, his turnout has been 2 to 5 times that of 2008.

IA

Romney - 29,949
Paul - 11,817

Romney - 29,805
Paul - 26,036

Romney - a decrease of 0.48%
Paul - an increase of 120.33%

NH

Romney - 75,546
Paul - 18,308

Romney - 97,532
Paul - 56,848

Romney - an increase of 29.10%
Paul - an increase of 210.51%

SC

Romney - 64,970
Paul - 15,773

Romney - 167,279
Paul - 77,993

Romney - an increase of 157.47%
Paul - an increase of 394.47%

FL

Romney - 604,932
Paul - 62,887

Romney - 771,842
Paul - 116,776

Romney - an increase of 27.59%
Paul - an increase of 85.69%

NV

Romney - 22,646
Paul - 6,084

Romney - 16,486
Paul - 6,175

Romney - a decrease of 27.20%
Paul - an increase of 1.50%

So when everywhere, even in FL where Paul did not campaign and had ZERO staff, he got major improvements from 2008, but suddenly in NV, one of his strongest states where he even came 2nd in 2008 when he was much lesser known, after campaigning there for 4 years, he got only 91 more votes than 2008? REALLY?

Now look at what Paul's campaign manager Carl Bunce said:

"We have more IDs than Romney had votes in '08," said Paul's state chairman, Carl Bunce, meaning identified supporters who have committed to attend Saturday's caucuses across the state. He wouldn't give a precise number, but Romney's 2008 vote total in his big Nevada win was 22,649."

Also from the same article:
"The town clerk, she said, has reported being stunned by the number of former Democrats and independents the Paulites have gotten to register as Republicans in order to caucus for Paul. The volunteers have netted 800 new registrations, according to Bunce."

But inexplicably on the election day, Paul supporters who usually go above and beyond to see Paul win, suddenly decide to all stay at home? Only 25% of those ID'd shows up to vote? The one precinct which CNN broadcasts live, Paul wins in a landslide, but everywhere else in Clark County he suddenly loses?

You seriously think we are all tin-foil hatters or maybe, just maybe, there is a teeny weeny chance that NV GOP did not want Paul to win and shafted him?
Excellent post. I really hope Paul has people looking into this.

So sad that some people are willing to spend their time criticizing a candidate and his supporters instead of questioning the honesty of our election, especially when fradulent practices have been exposed countless times in the past as well as this current election.

Who cares who you support? When we do not have an honest voting system in place, we all lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections