Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 12:52 PM

5,937 posts, read 4,710,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MESSENGERTOASCHERON View Post
Anecdotally, I don't know of one.
You know, the shy Biden voter. Those 2016 Trump voters that regret supporting him so they switch over. But, they don't want to lose their intolerant Trump supporting friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2020, 12:53 PM

1,049 posts, read 965,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
America is not ready for a plagiarizing, pedophile, racist like Joe Biden
America was ready for Trump, so I guess you're wrong .

Old 10-14-2020, 01:02 PM

10,857 posts, read 4,392,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
Trump hasnt accomplished anything other than 1 or 2 bills that would of passed regardless of whos in office.
Obama/Biden were in office, and they had a gigantic majority in 2009-10 to legislate whatever they wanted.....and they simply ignored Black people, with no prison reform and no police reform.
President Trump did what Obama/Biden should have done....
President Trump reformed the federal prison system with The First Step Act.
President Trump promoted “opportunity zones” that incentivized private investment into marginalized communities.
President Trump provided $250 million per year (after the Obama administration had removed $85 million) to the nation’s Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) with a 10-year commitment.
President Trump signed an executive order on law enforcement reform that said "chokeholds will be banned except if an officer’s life is at risk" among other amendments to police conduct while Obama did nothing.
President Trump nominated the first ever African-American for promotion to Air Force Chief of Staff, Gen. Charles Q. Brown, Jr.
President Trump nominated the first ever African-American woman for promotion to General in the U.S. Marine Corps, Col. Lorna M. Mahlock.

Old 10-14-2020, 01:08 PM

26,028 posts, read 22,219,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MESSENGERTOASCHERON View Post
Very lame and short-sighted to vote on personality.

Comparing accomplishments, the President has a massive list. Biden's 47 years in government in turn yielded nothing.
As Trump said, he accomplished more in 47 months than Biden did in 47 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
Biden is a longshot to win MI. On top of everything else, the tremendous disapproval of Governor Whitmer will land on Biden first, since Whitmer is mid-term.
I think so too. I have family and grew up in MI, and I think Whitmer has soured many Dems on the party at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Define “long shot” and support with data.
Data means nothing. I would think after Hillary's loss in 2016 that you all would get it. Maybe this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach911 View Post
No... we're voting for him because of his accomplishments... a list a helluva lot longer than anything Biden has done in his 47 years as a career politician.

Trump nailed it in the debate when he told Joe he's done more in 4 years than Joe has done in 47.

100% truth... and won the debate... along with the law and order speech that Biden had no answer to.

And, Trump has an answer when asked a question unlike Biden who wants people to blindly vote for him because he will do better than Trump. If Biden was so great, he would have been the nominee before now. He is being used for name recognition only, and at least to his credit, he still knows his name even though he doesn't know where he is and thinks 1/2 the time that he is running for Senate which he started doing 180 years ago. How could anyone vote for that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Well that helps explain the polls we are seeing. Yea...somebody who admits they voted for Trump in 16 and are voting Biden in 20....is not a "shy" Trump voter.
Sure they are. They are avoiding violence coming from liberals. Plus the liberals really eat that up, and the person probably laughs their behind off after saying that, well, unless they want their student loans paid off by a taxpayer like me who paid their own loan off!

Old 10-14-2020, 01:16 PM

2,915 posts, read 1,366,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
In every other job, these negative traits would disqualify you but yet Trumpers want to convince everyone it's a non issue for the presidency. Unfortunately, a lot of us have been living and succeeding in life long before Trump came onto the scene. We are not so easily convinced that all the rules are now different because there is a new chosen one.

When was the last time you heard this being said? My boss lies all the time, denigrates people without apology and is generally a nasty person. But we love him because the company is making a lot of money.
Only this boss is losing the company a lot of money.

Old 10-14-2020, 02:44 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,448,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Obama/Biden were in office, and they had a gigantic majority in 2009-10 to legislate whatever they wanted.....and they simply ignored Black people, with no prison reform and no police reform.
President Trump did what Obama/Biden should have done....
President Trump reformed the federal prison system with The First Step Act.
President Trump promoted “opportunity zones” that incentivized private investment into marginalized communities.
President Trump provided $250 million per year (after the Obama administration had removed $85 million) to the nation’s Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) with a 10-year commitment.
President Trump signed an executive order on law enforcement reform that said "chokeholds will be banned except if an officer’s life is at risk" among other amendments to police conduct while Obama did nothing.
President Trump nominated the first ever African-American for promotion to Air Force Chief of Staff, Gen. Charles Q. Brown, Jr.
President Trump nominated the first ever African-American woman for promotion to General in the U.S. Marine Corps, Col. Lorna M. Mahlock.
All of this stuff is small potatos. Dubya passed a more ambitious crime reform bill in 2008 and Obama just kept the trend going:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ms/5764191002/

Again, this is all mediocre stuff that would of happened under a Hillary, Jeb, Rubio, etc... presidency. Trump supporters act like Trump pushed or was behind all these policies when Congress did 99% of the work and Trump just signed it since the bills had overwhelming majorities

Old 10-15-2020, 07:02 AM

10,857 posts, read 4,392,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
All of this stuff is small potatos. Dubya passed a more ambitious crime reform bill in 2008 and Obama just kept the trend going:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ms/5764191002/

Again, this is all mediocre stuff that would of happened under a Hillary, Jeb, Rubio, etc... presidency. Trump supporters act like Trump pushed or was behind all these policies when Congress did 99% of the work and Trump just signed it since the bills had overwhelming majorities
Jared Kushner played a HUGE role in negotiating with both sides for The First Step Act.
Prison reform didn't happen under Obama, and neither did the promoting of “opportunity zones”, neither did HBCU 10-year commitment of $250mill per year, neither did the executive order banning chokeholds and other police misconduct, and neither did the 1st ever African-American Chief in Air Force and 1st ever African-American female General in Marine Corps.

Old 10-17-2020, 04:05 PM

19,897 posts, read 9,453,564 times
Well, I like Trump more in 2020 than I did in 2016. I still very much dislike him as a person, but as a POTUS he has done much better than I would have expected. There is NO WAY I will vote for Biden/Harris. (If Biden had chosen almost anyone else, I would have voted for him, although my first choice for a very long time was Gabbard.)

I can't imagine why the Democrats would risk turning off a great many moderates by the selection of Harris. Democrats would have voted for Biden, regardless, but I don't know a single moderate who wants Harris as POTUS.

Old 10-17-2020, 04:11 PM
bu2

24,116 posts, read 14,949,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
The Obama years were fine for a few wealthy and booming states. In the Rust Belt and many states across the US, there was growing desperation and anger as the jobless recovery passed them by. Trump saw that starting a long way back, while Dems still deny it or insult and blame the poor and unemployed.
And the fact is that life expectancy declined the last two years of Obama's presidency. That had never happened in American history other than war or the 1918 pandemic.

That is Obama's true legacy. And it was deaths of despair-drugs, alcohol, suicide. Thanks Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections