Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who did you vote for in the 2020 Presidential Election?
Trump / Pence 262 50.58%
Biden / Harris 231 44.59%
Other 25 4.83%
Voters: 518. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 06:56 PM

7,597 posts, read 4,169,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Voted today. Went for Trump/Pence this year. I really don't like Harris, and I have a feeling if Biden wins once he does his victory lap, Kamala, AOC, crazy Nancy, Bernie and other Dem's will sit him down and tell him to resign and then we are left with Kamala. I don't agree with everything Trump says and really wish he would just shut up most of the time, but that's his style, but he gets things done, and aside from the wall, he did most of the things from 2016 he said he would do.

Rest of my family all voted for Biden/Harris because they loathe Trump. I think I'll leave my vote out at the holiday dinners, LOL.
I cannot lie so I had to vote Biden to keep the family peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2020, 07:09 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,868,891 times
This poll was a lot closer than I expected.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-03-2020 at 07:55 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 11-03-2020, 10:03 PM

24,661 posts, read 9,482,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
This poll was a lot closer than I expected.
So was every other poll on the planet.

There is a silent majority

Old 11-04-2020, 08:08 AM

25 posts, read 12,653 times
Neither. I don’t think Trump is a good leader. He’s divisive, combative, tweets too much, and is shady (the Ukraine conversation, his tax returns, his conviction two years ago for fundraiser fraud, etc). And Biden is past his expiration date. He’s barely all there. And I can’t support the dems and their fear mongering that Covid will kill us all if we don’t shut down our lives and stop working, going to school, or doing anything fun. It’s ridiculous.

Old 11-04-2020, 09:50 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,095,651 times
It literally boggles my mind how many times I hear or see or talk with someone who says "I didn't vote" or "I don't vote". It makes me want to smash my face into a wall. I cannot understand such thinking, and I am by nature a tremendously cynical, pessimistic soul.

Why why why are people so dense?

Old 11-05-2020, 07:48 AM

3,006 posts, read 1,495,736 times
I voted for mostly losers. Senate, House, state supreme court, legislature, county clerk, etc. in several parties. I didn't expect much for the Libertarians but batting close to zero while voting for both Republicans and Democrats could be an achievement.

Old 11-05-2020, 10:53 AM

20,406 posts, read 14,689,603 times
I'm too late for the poll, but I voted Biden.

I am more ideologically liberal, but I don't really trust the Dems to do the things that liberal people want them to. They lie.

There are also conservative positions that I agree with, but they are more Libertarian than conservative I guess. I would like the Federal Gov to butt out of a lot of matters that would be better of determined at a local or state level. And I don't like huge federal spending, deficits, and while I'm not against taxation on its face, I want far more accountability to the people, as to the purpose and use of federal dollars. But the problem is, just like the Dems on "we care about you" social issues, the Republicans lie. They don't actually shrink government power or debt or spending. My taxes have gone up in small increments (when it's all analyzed down to the bare bones of policy, not factoring for "life" changes and considering real tax on each dollar)...every year of my adult life no matter who has been in power. The "we'll lower your taxes" thing is bogus unless you're very rich, and then of course the Republicans are a clear winner for ya.

So they both lie. Ugh.

Setting aside for a second the disgust I have with Trump and how the people I know best who support him most have also fallen for MLMs and other stupid scams, and believe a bunch of utter BS they've been fed by a man who is happy to have the support of the gullible like the con artist he's always been... I am not happy with the Democrats, either. I feel like the party always manages to get in its own way. To pick candidates that no one is enthusiastic about, but can only get by on being "better than the other guy." Sometimes I think that they deserve whatever electoral spankings that they get. It is cold comfort if Trump wins this election, but there it is.

One factor has made me have some hope, that Biden/Harris might have features worthy of actual support, rather than "god just get Trump gone." I actually believe that his administration will hire competent experts and let them do their work, it won't be all nepotism and sycophants placed in every position, and that either of those two is at least capable of hearing the opinions of advisors and other members of government (both further left and on the right) and cooperating with them, enacting compromise. This is the ONE factor that makes them better, to me, than some of the more progressive candidates that the left had to offer in the primaries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections