Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who did you vote for in the 2020 Presidential Election?
Trump / Pence 262 50.58%
Biden / Harris 231 44.59%
Other 25 4.83%
Voters: 518. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2020, 12:32 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,656,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
I am a Cleveland native and grew up in North Olmsted. Moved after college graduation but still have a fondness for my home state.

My dad was a blue-collar guy who worked for Ford Motor. He was a diehard Democrat.

I remember him joking that "all Republicans should be shot at birth."

I think he was onto something.

I wish Sherrod Brown would have run for Prez!
It's a shame those old blue collar democrats didn't realize their party was outsourcing their jobs. Sadly, many of them bought every bit of the bullsh*t the labor unions sold them. My grandfather was the same way. Thankfully, younger workers aren't falling for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2020, 01:00 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,625,346 times
Trump

Old 10-31-2020, 01:13 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,964,886 times
It's looking to me so far that the vote here may also break similarly in the actual election counting.

Old 10-31-2020, 01:16 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,911,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
That's terrible... no precinct should be like that. Every American should be able to vote within an hour.
Lines were similarly long at my precinct - in 2016. I had to wait two hours before finally voting, and this was with a one-day, in-person election day, without a pandemic (thankfully, considering how close voters were in those lines). So at least in my area, determination to vote has been building for well over the last couple of years.

Exchanging an abysmal governor for a competent one had much to do with the long lines last time - my state is far better governed now than previously, and I shudder to think how bad things would be had we been stuck with the previous guy (infamous for deliberately sending his many kids to a chicken pox party, where the party favors were - you guessed it, cases of chicken pox. Thankfully, none of the governor's numerous children developed complications but now they're all at risk for adult cases of shingles, thanks to their idiot father's rejection of childhood vaccines).

Glad that this time I was able to drop off my absentee ballot well ahead of time in a specialized box, and that my county clerk sends all absentee voters notification when their ballots have officially arrived and been tallied.

This is not a good year to procrastinate, or to wait until the last minute to cast a ballot (by any means). I'd recommend those planning on voting in person on Election Day wear comfortable shoes, carry a water bottle and snacks, interesting lightweight reading material, and if you can, take a folding chair (bagged ones are easiest) for expected long waits.

Old 10-31-2020, 01:16 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,828,112 times
Biden/Harris

Old 10-31-2020, 01:17 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,911,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
And demoKKKrats. are literally paving the way for communism. Nothing to worry though only a couple hundred million have died under such systems over time.
As opposed to the millions killed by totalitarian regimes under dictators like the current crop so admired by the present pestilence infesting the Oval Office.

Old 10-31-2020, 04:11 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,096,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
It's looking to me so far that the vote here may also break similarly in the actual election counting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Isn't it interesting how this poll seems to closely reflect the national average polling?
Oh well. If Trump loses, at least he will have done what I voted for him to do: install Justices on the SCOTUS.

Amazing that a full 1/3rd of an entire branch of the Federal Government will have been installed by him

After we suffer through 4 years of Biden/Harris lunacy, hopefully Josh Hawley will be ready for us Conservatives to take back the WH from the Marxists.

Old 10-31-2020, 04:24 PM

13,301 posts, read 7,339,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Oh well. If Trump loses, at least he will have done what I voted for him to do: install Justices on the SCOTUS.

Amazing that a full 1/3rd of an entire branch of the Federal Government will have been installed by him

After we suffer through 4 years of Biden/Harris lunacy, hopefully Josh Hawley will be ready for us Conservatives to take back the WH from the Marxists.
Likely the Democrats will take control of the Senate abolish the filibuster rule and start passing bunch of laws. Looks like Democrats are going to win more House seats then they had before also. They could pack the Supreme court I'm hearing possibly adding 6 more Democrat justice's bring the total to 15.

Old 10-31-2020, 05:40 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,495,228 times
I am concerned about open pro Marxist within Democrat ranks but feel they are still a small minority of the party. There is wide support for universal insurance coverage and moving towards same worker and enviro protections in other 1st World nations, there is very little support for actually moving towards a Marxist system with no private property, etc. If Democrats did go down that path they would be voted out of office.

Old 10-31-2020, 05:57 PM

793 posts, read 332,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Which is a little odd when you think about it. Trump is a very different kind of Republican, and he even said so himself. He's the first President who opposed NAFTA and implemented trade tariffs. Rank & file Republicans have always been in favor of free trade, and would have never have even suggested tariffs. Trump's policies are really more reminiscent of what the Reform Party stood for some 20 or 25 years ago. His campaigns are heavily rooted in populism, just like the Ross Perot & Pat Buchanan campaigns were.

I agree more with Trump than I do with many of Biden's positions, especially on the economy ... however, Trump is just not a good leader. His antics are much like those of a child who never grew up, especially when he told suburban woman, "would you please like meeeee?" On top of that, the name calling, the ranting, and the paranoia he expresses are very unfitting for the Presidency. We need better leadership and a restoration of liberty instead of more government control, which is why I voted for the Libertarian candidate.
Well said. While I agree, I voted for Trump since Libertarians aren't a real party yet. Hopefully someday they will make a real run. I'd register as Libertarian in a heartbeat. We need more people with that mindset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections