Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2020, 01:55 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,087,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But I don't recall Republicans being all that desperate after 8 years of putting up with Obama.
Except voting for a man who vowed to undo everything Obama ever did, even if it meant screwing over the nation in the process. Obama triggers the Right something fierce. I'm sure it will remain a mystery as to why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2020, 02:05 PM

18,128 posts, read 15,709,192 times

Old 10-27-2020, 06:22 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,832,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Spot is not a leftist, I should know. I've been here long enough to know who's who
Says the leftist

Old 10-27-2020, 06:25 PM

Those who haven't been around the block several times don't realize that congress cycles as does the presidency. Round 'n round it goes. Take some time and learn some history. Change is inevitable.

Old 10-27-2020, 06:47 PM

3,165 posts, read 2,219,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Do the Democrats have a floor? Sure. If I use the same criteria that I used for Republicans (R+7 or more) from Cook PVI, Dems can count on:

DC (3)
HI (4)
VT (3)
MA (11)
MD (10)
CA (55)
NY (29)
RI (4)
WA (12)
NJ (14)
IL (20)
________
165 EV
]
I think Connecticut (7), Oregon (7) and Delaware (3) are pretty much a lock for Democrats as well. Delaware will probably get a higher D+ PVI this time around being Biden's home state. If these three states are included, the D floor is 182 EVs.

(Note that New York's EV # was corrected to 29 which pushes the total up by 2).

Old 10-27-2020, 08:36 PM

7,159 posts, read 4,748,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Those who haven't been around the block several times don't realize that congress cycles as does the presidency. Round 'n round it goes. Take some time and learn some history. Change is inevitable.
That’s how it’s gone so far, but the left is aiming for one-party rule. Stacking the Supreme Court, additional states added so majority in senate will be democrats, and the squad is already telling Biden his cabinet appointees must all be progressives. They want to burn down our system along with the constitution and start again their way. No thanks.

Old 10-27-2020, 08:40 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,087,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
That’s how it’s gone so far, but the left is aiming for one-party rule. Stacking the Supreme Court, additional states added so majority in senate will be democrats, and the squad is already telling Biden his cabinet appointees must all be progressives. They want to burn down our system along with the constitution and start again their way. No thanks.
Republicans would do all of that and have. Democrats shouldn't play nice anymore. None of that "reaching across the aisle" nonsense. The country will be better off if they start passing the agenda they want, because ironically, conservatives would also benefit. Democrats produce better economies, better stock markets, an expansion of rights for more people, better health care, education, technology, jobs, etc. etc. Like it or not, Democrats are just better leaders. You may not agree with everything they do, but at least they do something. How many hundreds of bills did McConnell never bother to even bring to a vote the past few years?

Old 10-27-2020, 08:47 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,380,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
I thought W Bush did. Make up your mind. You make it sound the GOP was great under Mccain, Romney and Ryan and Trump came and mess everything up. I remember you liberals hated W Bush with a passion.
They did. But that won't stop them from trying to get his help. I can recall when they were calling him toxic to the Republican party ... that's why he wasn't out campaigning for Republicans.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/09/opini...nan/index.html

Old 10-27-2020, 08:52 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,380,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
For the 2016 and 2020 cycles... the best candidate for each party to represent that party in a General Election

Democrats : Joe Biden > Bernie Sanders > Michael Bloomberg > Hillary Clinton

Republicans : John Kasich > Marco Rubio > Donald Trump > Ted Cruz

GOP should have nominated Kasich or Rubio in 2016. They would have easily defeated Hillary back then and will be in a better position than Trump to take on Biden.
Nope. By the time the primaries were over there was virtually no difference between Hillary, Kasich, or Rubio. I do not believe they would have easily defeated Hillary.

Old 10-27-2020, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Please.

The paranoia is utterly ridiculous. Don't be that gullible person.

The 'squad' does not have a say in how Biden (or anyone) runs their presidency. Period. They can pout and tantrum all they want, but that won't work. They can insist on anything and it's just noise. Only the president can decide who he hires. His choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections