Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2020, 09:16 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,068,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
Are you the same poster from yesterday (who's now posting under a different name) who posted a poll that Biden was up by 9 in Texas when the result was actually plus 4 for Biden?

Your link copying skills are identical.

If you are please stop, or I will report you for spreading misinformation, again.
This poster has used at least a dozen different socks in the last few months. I think he keeps getting banned and then comes back with a new one, starting this cycle all over again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2020, 09:17 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,068,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Dude in TX REPUBLICANS are ahead in early voting by modeled sharing. And it is very unlikely that Democrats are going to outnumber republicans on election day itself.

Are you kidding?
Still using TargetSmart modeling based on 2016's turnout even though Texas has already flown past 2016 entirely?

Old 10-30-2020, 09:19 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,069,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
This poster has used at least a dozen different socks in the last few months. I think he keeps getting banned and then comes back with a new one, starting this cycle all over again.
Thank you, I thought so.

Old 10-30-2020, 09:20 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by va-mainah View Post
I am still not convinced that high early voter turnout necessarily means a significantly higher voter turnout. I have obviously nothing to support this other than my opinion. I just think more people are taking advantage of early voting, something they are getting more used to.

My 22 year old son voted early in TX and he voted Trump. So not sure what to think of any of it. But I would be shocked if Biden won TX.
If you have places already hitting 100% of the 2016 total before Nov 3rd even hits it is a mathematical impossibility that there won't be a substantially higher turn out.

Old 10-30-2020, 09:28 AM

2,304 posts, read 2,963,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Yes, i suspect also. I see that today Yorkshire... has disappeared.

Old 10-30-2020, 09:28 AM

515 posts, read 253,266 times
Turnout will be up across the board, significantly higher than in 2016 for sure. If it's a bit higher but close to what 2016 was, Trump will be horrified because Election Day turnout won't give him the boost he needs (OVERALL) to overcome what should be a more-Dem focused early voting period. Mail-ins will almost certainly be Dem favored as well. Good news for Trump here if Republicans have the edge in early voting in Texas though, as he is almost certain to win I guess... the AP has a solid article explaining how the RGV has noticeably less early voting turnout than suburban counties in the Metroplex or Houston... Biden and Hegar could be in trouble trying to take down Trump and Cornyn respectively. My guess is Texas stays red...

Old 10-30-2020, 09:43 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,375,702 times
2016 election result: Trump +9
2018 Senate Race: Cruz +2.6
2020 prediction by 538: Trump +2.1

I’m amazed by the turnout thus far in Texas and I expect many more to vote on Tuesday. Even so it would be unlikely for Trump not win the state. Given the figures I included above I think it is safe to predict that Biden will close the gap from the 2016 result, but that it won’t be quite enough. My prediction is Trump wins Texas by around 2%.

Old 10-30-2020, 09:46 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Glad to see these types of voter turnouts!

I will be very surprised if Biden wins TX, however.

Old 10-30-2020, 09:52 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
So has Arizona. Georgia will by the end of day. North Carolina by the end of weekend for sure.

Biden will definitely do better there than his polling averages.
Biden may turn out to be even more hated than Hillary. He is likely scaring the heck out of Texans with his anti-fracking position.

Old 10-30-2020, 10:02 AM

1,361 posts, read 553,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I just can't believe that any one with a bit of common sense would vote for Biden/Harris and the Democrats anti American platform. They have been brainwashed into hating Trump.
That's the only explanation. The biggest Trump hater I know told me to my face she's voting for Biden because she hates Trump. She didn't have one good thing to say about Biden... all she said was "because he's not Trump."

LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by va-mainah View Post

My 22 year old son voted early in TX and he voted Trump.
Yeah... someone needs to clue the OP in to the fact that early voters sometimes vote red too.

P.S.

I did too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Biden may turn out to be even more hated than Hillary. He is likely scaring the heck out of Texans with his anti-fracking position.
My stepbrother is in the oil business... he lives in north Texas and definitely isn't voting Biden... LOL

#TRUMP2020
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections