Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 11:43 AM

3,674 posts, read 10,630,067 times

Advertisements

Why is everybody reading this as Iran bombing Israel? The OP stated the scenario in the opposite direction, Israel is bombing Iran. It would appear from these response that everyone is expecting an attack from Iran for this many freudian slips to have occurred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 11:51 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,404,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Israel has one of the largest nuke programs in the world and is not a state of the union. In other words they can take care of themselves just fine.

You're welcome, lol, Bush pretty much writes his own material, all you have to do is point it out.

SNL should really be giving the man royalties.
Yeah, but you should maybe partner with him.
You're a riot!

Ken

Old 05-08-2008, 12:15 PM

600 posts, read 1,086,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuci us View Post
President Obama would never let that happen... Liebermann has been sticking his hand up McCain's butt to make that happen.... Now i am no anti-semite, unlike some users with the most racist comments in this forum, but it does put jewish folks in very bad light
oh!!! i forgot obama is SOOO amazing that he could stop world fighting his SECOND day in office...

Old 05-08-2008, 12:18 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,815,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Israel will never loose another war, will never ever be wiped out as a nation. They have of an arsenal enough to glass over the entire middle-east and will not hesitate to use it if they are severely threatened. And don't think twice wondering how they got their weapons, we gave them to Israel.

That being said I don't blame them whatsoever. I would do the same if I were them, never never, never again will they risk another holocaust.
You must be living a fantasy my friend.....US has all sorts of weapons but it's failing in Iraq and Afghanistan. If any given country is to launch an attack on Israel, it would be a full scale at an un-anticipated moment. Israel will never be able to fight and defend itself......it is just too SMALL.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
You must be living a fantasy my friend.....US has all sorts of weapons but it's failing in Iraq and Afghanistan. If any given country is to launch an attack on Israel, it would be a full scale at an un-anticipated moment. Israel will never be able to fight and defend itself......it is just too SMALL.
You have a potential point.
While Israel has probably man for man the best military in the world, the fact remains that:

A) In each of the wars that Israel has found itself in, the Arabs have done better and better, with the early wars being a trouncing and the later wars sometime getting a bit "iffy".

B) It would really depend upon the nature of the war and how it unfolds. If say, Iran had nuclear weapons and launched a nuclear strike, then Israel would be in REAL trouble - largely because, as you mention, the country is so darned small.

In MOST convenional warfare scenarios however, Israel would probably be OK (not in all though).

Ken

Old 05-08-2008, 03:45 PM

68,379 posts, read 54,631,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Israel has one of the largest nuke programs in the world and is not a state of the union. In other words they can take care of themselves just fine.

GREAT!

So the US $$$ flow to Israel will be ending soon?

Old 05-08-2008, 03:48 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,209,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
This is simple fantasy of the highest order. Iran HAS NO INTENTION of bombing Israel.
I knew reading wasn't a strong point with you -- but the original post says "Israel is bombing Iran." There is no mention of Iran bombing Israel.

Got it?

Old 05-08-2008, 03:50 PM

437 posts, read 632,631 times
HillBillies are so desperate now that they're making up imaginary scenarios for our future president! Gee, they really MUST know it's over!

Old 05-08-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I knew reading wasn't a strong point with you -- but the original post says "Israel is bombing Iran." There is no mention of Iran bombing Israel.

Got it?
Yeah, but the other way around is so much more interesting to talk about.

Ken

Old 05-08-2008, 03:55 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,209,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
Why is everybody reading this as Iran bombing Israel? The OP stated the scenario in the opposite direction, Israel is bombing Iran. It would appear from these response that everyone is expecting an attack from Iran for this many freudian slips to have occurred.
I guess no one understood why I posted "Israel is bombing Iran." Israel bombing Iran would mean a disrupted oil supply to much of the world (hence higher gas prices for us). It would also mean that other governments in the Middle East would get involved like the Saudis, Egypt, Syria, etc. Iran is the second largest supplier of oil in the world and, if Israel decided to bomb them massively, it would have large reprecussions around the world.

And I want to know how President Obama would handle it.

Unlike Clinton, he hasn't threatened to blow them off the map. Obama has said that he'd "talk to them." What would talking do? Especially if they aren't the ones doing the bombing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections