Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 05:58 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,044,726 times

Advertisements

WomenCount PAC Says, 'Not so fast' ... to the Media, Obama and the Democratic Party

You know what they say about a woman scorned - will these scorned dem/lib women come back in the fall if Obama is the nominee?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 06:07 AM
miu

17,772 posts, read 40,262,620 times
No. I don't think so. There's no way they are going to vote for Obama. I heard about this on NPR yesterday. I'm thinking of joining them.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:22 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,090,575 times
Do we want a president, who in the face of adversity, hauls up the sexism/victim flag? Will she be saying, they only called at 3 am because I am a woman? Or they won't give me the respect I need because I am a woman? This is precisely why I told my husband over a year ago, she will take all women down with her if she does not win. I want one of the female steel workers to run, they would not cry victim! They worked long and hard to work long and hard. I want a female CEO to run, she worked long and hard to break a glass ceiling without playing the victim. I want a female military officer to run, as she knows how to work in harsh environments without being a victim to them. I am very sad as a woman today that she crossed that line.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:28 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,816,746 times
Not this one either! The only people victimizing Hillary are other women.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:30 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,112,670 times
As a white woman in her late 30's whose family comes from a blue collar background, I'm getting damn sick of hearing hearing about what 'democratic women' feel. We are not a monolith, there are a lot of democratic women who have no problem identifying as feminist (I am one of them), who take a huge issue with these women. I know several women in their 40's-60's who do not feel as the women outlined above do, some of who initially supported Hillary (and I have many good friends who voted for Hillary in the Illinois primary, for very good reasons) but would rather see Obama than McCain as president.

Last edited by j33; 05-22-2008 at 06:49 AM.. Reason: clarity

Old 05-22-2008, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
As a white woman in her late 30's whose family comes from a blue collar background, I'm getting damn sick of hearing hearing about what 'democratic women' feel. We are not a monolith, there are a lot of democratic women who have no problem identifying as feminist (I do), who take a huge issue with these women. I know several women in their 40's-60's who do not feel as the women outlined above do, some of who initially supported Hillary (and I have many good friends who voted for Hillary in the Illinois primary, for very good reasons) but would rather see Obama than McCain as president.
I'm one of these women you describe, but it's not an issue of seeing McCain as president. It's an issue, for me, that I don't want either of them to be president and I will be writing in Hillary.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:52 AM

439 posts, read 607,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I'm one of these women you describe, but it's not an issue of seeing McCain as president. It's an issue, for me, that I don't want either of them to be president and I will be writing in Hillary.
I'm sure even Hillary would be disappointed in you if she were not the nominee. You seem to have based your decision on the individual people running instead of the policies they are running for. Too bad that you would throw away a vote not to support the very issues that your candidate has fought for all this time. Hillary and Barack have the same policies that they have been fighting for. You doing what you state is telling both of them that these policies don't matter. Too Sad.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:55 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,112,670 times
Actually, being that Domergurl is from Indiana, and I am from Illinois, we could both write in 'scooby do' on our respective ballots and it wouldn't really matter as neither of us live in swing states.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:56 AM

A person is the president, not a policy. Hillary would/will be a more effective president. Obama will be like a deer in the headlights. McCain is anti-choice. I want an effective leader who will get their policies passed. I don't believe that Obama will be effective. Get off me ducky.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:05 AM

439 posts, read 607,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
A person is the president, not a policy. Hillary would/will be a more effective president. Obama will be like a deer in the headlights. McCain is anti-choice. I want an effective leader who will get their policies passed. I don't believe that Obama will be effective. Get off me ducky.
I'm not on you domer all I am saying is you people voted for a people that you thought could change things with their policies didn't you? Or is it that you voted for her only because she is a woman? If the latter is the case they you don't believe anything she has preached over the last 16 months. And that is really SAD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections