Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2022, 08:33 AM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Man, Cheney took an ass beatin. LOL

I forget the exact amount, 62% for the winner, and Cheney was at 35% or so, forget the exact numbers but by all accounts it was pretty resounding.
Actually, Cheney didn't even clear 30%. She got 29%, and that's with about 10,000 Wyoming Democrats voting for her as part of the left's election interference scheme.

Without her Marxist support, Cheney would have gotten around 20% of the vote. A true ass whipping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2022, 08:48 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Actually, Cheney didn't even clear 30%. She got 29%, and that's with about 10,000 Wyoming Democrats voting for her as part of the left's election interference scheme.

Without her Marxist support, Cheney would have gotten around 20% of the vote. A true ass whipping.
Many of these political family dynasties are all just deeply embedded in the swamp, repub or dem. These families are all intertwined and tied into the military complex, big corporations in general. It's all pay to play schemes with a lot of these people.

Liz Cheney is just a long line of creeps profiting from her position. Nothing new really. Politically she's a dumbass, she played to the left crowd and went and sat on the farce 1/6 committee knowing that she comes from deep maga country.

I saw some nitwits talking about how courageous she was to standup for "what is right" and go after Trump. Meh, I think she was just currying favor with the lefties for some reason and she just wanted to stomp out Trump for her own political reasons but sold it off as some kind of noble thing.

Bunch of crap at the end of the day.

Old 08-17-2022, 08:49 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Liz should had never ran for re-election. She was behind by over 30 points over a year and by running in a loser she hurt the 1/6 committee and it backfired. Now when she returns to the committee people think she has a personal vendetta for losing that big in her election. Why should people listen to her when her own state rejected her in huge numbers. If I was Pelosi I wouldn't put her back in the committee. She makes the committee look partisan on steroids.

Old 08-17-2022, 09:07 AM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Liz Cheney’s thumping defeat in her bid for renomination for Wyoming’s sole seat in the House of Representatives signals again the utter and total defeat of the Bush-Cheney-Romney era of the Republican Party. The neoconservative period of GOP dominance ended when Donald Trump trounced the field during the 2016 primary season. But the avatars of that political tendency — in favour of military adventurism and “free markets” — keep appearing like ghosts at the feast to rattle their chains and insist on being seated above the salt.
https://unherd.com/thepost/liz-chene...atism-is-dead/

Old 08-17-2022, 09:10 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,081,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Many of these political family dynasties are all just deeply embedded in the swamp, repub or dem. These families are all intertwined and tied into the military complex, big corporations in general. It's all pay to play schemes with a lot of these people.

Liz Cheney is just a long line of creeps profiting from her position. Nothing new really. Politically she's a dumbass, she played to the left crowd and went and sat on the farce 1/6 committee knowing that she comes from deep maga country.

I saw some nitwits talking about how courageous she was to standup for "what is right" and go after Trump. Meh, I think she was just currying favor with the lefties for some reason and she just wanted to stomp out Trump for her own political reasons but sold it off as some kind of noble thing.

Bunch of crap at the end of the day.
Some things, like saving America, are bigger than politics. Courageous woman. Hope she runs for president, maybe as a third-party candidate, which will kill the right-wing republicans and put an end to this Trump nightmare.

Old 08-17-2022, 09:22 AM

21,939 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Another one bites the dust!

Old 08-17-2022, 09:31 AM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Some things, like saving America, are bigger than politics. Courageous woman. Hope she runs for president, maybe as a third-party candidate, which will kill the right-wing republicans and put an end to this Trump nightmare.
I hope she runs too. She’ll siphon off votes from Biden, not Trump.

Old 08-17-2022, 09:33 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post

Why does she needs to run for President? You have the Democrat party to save America. If she runs wouldn't that divide the anti-Trump vote. You Democrats like everything else are not very bright. Always decide on feelings.

Makes me laugh how Democrats give advice on who to vote.

Old 08-17-2022, 09:39 AM

3,162 posts, read 2,215,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I hope she runs too. She’ll siphon off votes from Biden, not Trump.
People who don't want Trump as president should realize this is 100% true. The #MAGA movement is fully united, and if the opposition doesn't come together behind one candidate, he'll be restored to the White House in January 2025. And his second term, motivated by revenge, with a more compliant Republican Congress and a much better understanding of how to operate the levers of government to his desires, will make the first look tame.

Old 08-17-2022, 09:52 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
This proves what I have been saying all along about the modern Republican Party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
You want the people of Wyoming to keep her ...
I didn't say that.

I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy. She was perfectly acceptable to the Republicans of Wyoming until she crossed Trump by not going along with his lies about the election.

The unforgivable sin.

But that is the Republican Party of today.

One Republican covers up for a traitor and endorses the lies and the other Republicans cheer.

Another Republican stands up for the republic and other Republicans boo.

That's just how it is.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections