Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2022, 10:02 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,180,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I didn't say that.

I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy. She was perfectly acceptable to the Republicans of Wyoming until she crossed Trump by not going along with his lies about the election.

The unforgivable sin.

But that is the Republican Party of today.

One Republican covers up for a traitor and endorses the lies and the other Republicans cheer.

Another Republican stands up for the republic and other Republicans boo.

That's just how it is.

Call it what you want - those in Wyoming have chosen a different way regardless of how you want to spin it.

She called her constituents - crazies. She said the GOP is sick. The constituents said - you're fired.

That's just how it is.

The rank and file in the Democrat party are probably jealous because the people don't have control of that party.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2022, 10:07 AM

13,442 posts, read 4,287,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
People who don't want Trump as president should realize this is 100% true. The #MAGA movement is fully united, and if the opposition doesn't come together behind one candidate, he'll be restored to the White House in January 2025. And his second term, motivated by revenge, with a more compliant Republican Congress and a much better understanding of how to operate the levers of government to his desires, will make the first look tame.
LOL! Trump didn't go after people when he was President. He didn't raid Hillary's home looking for the classified e-mails or for the destruction of phones after a subpoena or Obama or Biden or went after Hunter. It was the opposite, they came hard after him and his family.

What Democrats accuse Trump and his supporters they are the ones who do it. Then they lecture the public how dangerous the MAGA people are. You can't make this up.

Trump had every legal reason to raid Hillary's home and put the whole family under investigation for years but he didn't. You had the media making him promise after he won that he wouldn't go after her when they knew she broke the law in many ways because that would be fascism and a Banana Republic but the same media today wants Biden to investigate Trump and indict him.

Democrats are really sick people. They live in 2 worlds.

Old 08-17-2022, 10:12 AM

13,717 posts, read 7,992,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I hope she runs too. She’ll siphon off votes from Biden, not Trump.
Quite likely.

Old 08-17-2022, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I didn't say that.

I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy. She was perfectly acceptable to the Republicans of Wyoming until she crossed Trump by not going along with his lies about the election.

The unforgivable sin.

But that is the Republican Party of today.

One Republican covers up for a traitor and endorses the lies and the other Republicans cheer.

Another Republican stands up for the republic and other Republicans boo.

That's just how it is.

That's a lie. I live next door to Wyoming and my job makes me drive in the state 8 times a month and I talk to people of Wyoming. That's is not the main reason why they are mad at her. You repeat Democrat talking points without knowing anything about the people. TDS does this to people that they make Trump the only issue in everyday America.

The reason Liz was accepted in Wyoming (when she is not from there) was because of her name and her Daddy's political influence in the state. When she ignored the people of Wyoming and threw them under the bus for her TDS and make being against Trump her #1 issue and joined the Democrats to everyday bash the base of the party and the people of Wyoming that is what sealed her fate. There is so much people will put up with.

Liz had to be more in Wyoming listening to the needs of the people and not be all the time in D.C. fighting Trump and making it the #1 issue and then she bashes the base and say anybody that votes for Trump in 2024 are fascists. She insulted the majority of the people of Wyoming and you are shocked that they gave her the boot?

Ben Shapiro who isn't a Trump fan but knows that TDS is not good for the party or country put it best:

Quote:
Liz Cheney fundamentally misunderstands why people are so passionately angry at her inside the GOP base. Which is why she actually lost. Winning simply would have required her not to act as a front person for a Democratic committee dedicated to lumping together all Republicans and conservatives with January 6 rioters, and suggesting that anyone who would consider voting Trump 2024 is an incipient fascist.
Remember, Liz wasn't kicked out because she voted to impeached Trump or publicly said her opinion about Trump. She still kept her #3 spot in the party in Congress. What got her kicked out of leadership was that she went after the base and all Republicans that didn't agree with her and joined Democrats by calling them fascist everyday. That's how she lost her leadership position and she was at it for over a year and the people of Wyoming had enough.

You don't attack the whole party and the people of your state because they don't agree with you in 1 issue when they held their nose to accept you because of your daddy's connection and you are not even from the state.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 08-17-2022 at 10:41 AM..

Old 08-17-2022, 10:43 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
That's a lie. I live next door to Wyoming and my job makes me drive in the state 8 times a month and I talk to people of Wyoming. That's is not the main reason why they are mad at her. You repeat Democrat talking points without knowing anything about the people. TDS does this to people that they make Trump the only issue in everyday America.

The reason Liz was accepted in Wyoming (when she is not from there) was because of her name and her Daddy's political influence in the state. When she ignored the people of Wyoming and threw them under the bus for her TDS and make being against Trump her #1 issue and joined the Democrats to everyday bash the base of the party and the people of Wyoming that is what sealed her fate. There is so much people will put up with.

Liz had to be more in Wyoming listening to the needs of the people and not be all the time in D.C. fighting Trump and making it the #1 issue and then she bashes the base and say anybody that votes for Trump in 2024 are fascists. She insulted the majority of the people of Wyoming and you are shocked that they gave her the boot?

Ben Shapiro who isn't a Trump fan but knows that TDS is not good for the party or country put it best:

Remember, Liz wasn't kicked out because she voted to impeached Trump or publicly said her opinion about Trump. She still kept her #3 spot in the party in Congress. What got her kicked out of leadership was that she went after the base and all Republicans that didn't agree with her and joined Democrats by calling them fascist everyday. That's how she lost her leadership position and she was at it for over a year and the people of Wyoming had enough.

You don't attack the whole party and the people of your state because they don't agree with you in 1 issue when they held their nose to accept you because of your daddy's connection and you are not even from the state.
Liz voted with Trump 93% of the time.

Old 08-17-2022, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

and? if I go after you and insult you everyday for 1 issue and ignore your needs, will you vote for me even though you agree with me 93% on the issues?

Old 08-17-2022, 10:48 AM

17,620 posts, read 6,905,165 times
Quote:
Someone can vote with him 100% of the time, but if they call me a fascist they're getting thrown out of office.

Old 08-17-2022, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Someone can vote with him 100% of the time, but if they call me a fascist they're getting thrown out of office.

Exactly. If I choose you to be my mechanic because on paper you are good and then you hardly do you job and insult me. You think I'm going to rehire you again?

That's what happens when Liz is so out of touch and in D.C. all the time making 6 million dollars a year that she forgets who she represents.

Old 08-17-2022, 11:02 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Simple solution. Don't do anything that would make you appear fascist. Liz is not the only one who holds that sentiment.

Old 08-17-2022, 11:08 AM

6,819 posts, read 14,032,189 times
Quote:

But she did serve the needs of the people if her state ???? There is one single reason why she was not elected to her seat and we all know who that is. She refused to kiss the gold ring and paid the price. She is correct in saying she would have garnered 76% or more of the vote if she would have went along DJT. It is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections