Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you tired of the presidential election yet?
I liketh the spinneth no more. 12 36.36%
Spin it, baby, one more time... 7 21.21%
What's this poll about? 2 6.06%
Stop crying Barack. 12 36.36%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 08:53 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,315,366 times

Advertisements

Over saturation... I am bored with this and will probably not be motivated to vote unless Hillary is VP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 09:15 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
You're kidding? This thing is just getting fired up.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:36 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,247 times
I believe this will be the lowest turnout election in history.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:40 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,413,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I think the fight is over. To me, Obama is such a whiner, I can't even stand watching him anymore. I kind of wish Hillary had made it for the sake of being interesting. Remember how she tore into Obama during those debates? That was strong. Barack always comes off like he's girl-fighting when he tries to say something tough... It makes me feel uncomfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronk
I believe this will be the lowest turnout election in history.
I think you'd make money on that bet.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:33 AM

1,425 posts, read 3,315,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Nope, not kidding... totally lost ALL interest and it ain't comin' back unless Hillary is VP. I have absolutely no interest in Obama and will not vote this year if Hillary is not on the ticket.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:36 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
Nope, not kidding... totally lost ALL interest and it ain't comin' back unless Hillary is VP. I have absolutely no interest in Obama and will not vote this year if Hillary is not on the ticket.
You should at least vote and just leave president blank. That's what my mother is going to do if Hillary isn't the nominee. Me, I'm going to make a pros and cons list for Obama and McCain and base my vote on that.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:04 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,708 times
I am sick of Obama and his hinchmen/women/minions

Old 05-26-2008, 10:13 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
“It is past time for the federal government to take direct and decisive action. To provide immediate relief, I am proud to join with Chris Dodd – the Chairman of the Senate Banking Committee – to introduce legislation creating a new FHA Housing Security Program, which will provide meaningful incentives for lenders to buy or refinance existing mortgages, and to convert them into stable 30-year fixed mortgages so that homeowners facing foreclosure can keep their homes. This will provide a federal backstop for lenders to reduce the principal of loans that are priced higher than the value of a home so that they are affordable for homeowners. It is not a bailout for lenders or investors who gambled recklessly. It is not a windfall for borrowers. Instead, the Dodd-Obama bill is a responsible and fair way to help bring an end to the foreclosure crisis facing the country.

“This is part of my comprehensive mortgage agenda, which includes resources for pre-foreclosure counseling, a tax break to working families on their mortgage interest payments, and tough penalties on fraudulent lenders. We must provide immediate relief to American families and to the American economy, while also taking the necessary steps to prevent this crisis from happening again.”
Is this a joke? How are the "meaningful incentives" going to be paid for? How can you reduce the principal on a low interest loan without someone having to pay for that?

Old 05-26-2008, 10:16 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
I enjoy keeping up with it, but others I know are tired of it. I constantly hear "OMG, are you watching politics again?", lol.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:21 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,946,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Are you tired of the presidential election yet?
Guess not--or I wouldn't still be posting here!

I find the pr strategy of any election fascinating, and this one has been a goldmine. The cast of characters is amazing--each one has a cause to promote (sexism, racism, ageism... take your pick) at the same time they need to spin their campaigns to be seen as more than just a cause. Fascinating.

I've said it before--this would make a great comic opera. Or a great broadway musical. And when the real election is past us, I'll still want more and will probably pay big bucks to see the whole thing all over again in the theaters. (Unless, of course, things take a very bad turn and it becomes a murder mystery.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections