Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2022, 01:15 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,309,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
Wow. A normal Democrat. And a millennial no less! Lol
Gen Z, which puts her in the minority of her demographic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2022, 01:28 PM

1,754 posts, read 755,800 times
Quote:
I'm Gen Z! There is a difference.

Millennials are old farts like my husband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joylush View Post
I’m a republican female voter but mostly due to being fiscally conservative and a fan of smaller government, but socially liberal, so more libertarian. I thought your opinions were reasonable and expressed well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Most Democrats do not back “ defund the police
Which is why I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Most Democrats have not supported this and Biden has not supported this. However, some Democrats have in fact supported this.
Most Democrats do not support it as I said, however, some have vocally said to "defund the police" including AOC. This position is a losing position. Police reform is a winning position. Therefore, it is good advice to continue to steer clear of anything defund the police as it will lose lots of votes, hands down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
CRT is a factual body of work that explores how racism was and remains embedded in US laws and legal institutions. One of the primary co- founders is white.

Can’t imagine why anyone would not want to understand what came before and why and what remains as it relates to civil rights.
As I clearly said, it is good too teach the past and love and acceptance. The problem is how some people try to do that with illogical positions and racism against whites.

Democrats have gaslit America on this and it IS hurting their credibility. They deny what has happened at some schools and pretend that they can ascertain that zero of the countless teachers have ever taught anything racist or divisive in the name of tolerance, inclusion, equity, etc.

Here is a thread of mine explaining things that I've seen in my own personal experience:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...-trapping.html

This issue is hurting Democrats who appear dishonest to people like my friends (most are left leaning) when Democrats blanket deny that it happens when we are recent high school grads and have seen it happen to us in our classrooms.

You saw what happened in Virginia, Democrats need to take notice of honesty on this issue.

Encourage love and acceptance, but do not cross over into illogical and racist teachings under the name of making things better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I think you sound like someone that will be voting Republican in the near future.
I doubt it. I grew up in a Democratic household and I value the national healthcare, green, and some other issues. My husband's family are Republican or libertarian.

Last edited by QuakerBaker; 06-21-2022 at 01:48 PM..

Old 06-21-2022, 01:39 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Suburban women are harder to manipulate. They are not dependent on government very much.

Old 06-21-2022, 02:03 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
I've heard some pundits say that suburban women are key for Democrats this November and back in 2020.

I am stereotypical suburban woman. Husband is 32, I turn 21 tomorrow, 2 little boys, some college for me and I am a stay at home mom, 2 degrees for my husband, upper middle class, both white. I think both parties get some things right and somethings wrong, but that the Democrats get a little more right. I voted for Biden in my first election. My husband voted for the Libertarian lady, but has already said he will vote straight GOP in 2022.

I can't speak for all suburban women, but here is what I think based on my personal views and my friends' views.

(1) Most Democrats have not supported this and Biden has not supported this. However, some Democrats have in fact supported this....Democrats MUST back away from anything that is "Defund the Police." You will scare suburban people to the Republicans. I will never vote for a person who says "defund the police." It is asking for more violence and scares people in my circles as being out of touch with reality.

(2) Don't gaslight on CRT or whatever you want to call it. I am not far removed from high school and some teachers would in fact do illogical teachings that were racist against whites. Most of my friends my age say that it is absurd when Democrats insist that none of the countless teachers across the countless schools are doing these things when we've experienced it firsthand. Stop gaslighting us suburban women that it doesn't happen. If my circle of friends know better, most people know better and it hurts your credibility to deny that it never happens in any of the countless classrooms. Teaching diversity and love is good, but there are teachings that cross a line actually being racist. Know where that line is and accept that it shouldn't be crossed.

(3) I think gun control plays well in suburban women circles. I know it hurts in rural areas, but I think it helps among my friends. We are depressed by the school shootings and fear it could happen here next.

(4) National healthcare would be a positive in my circle of friends. Many people struggle with healthcare bills and even if we don't, we feel for those who can't.

(5) Andrew Yang had a lot of ideas, not all were perfect, but generally my circle of friends appreciate that he had many creative "let's do something ideas" written down on paper.

(6) The Green New Deal was too idealistic and too far reaching, and easy for Republicans to pick apart... but take a step on that green path with a smaller, more sensible plan put down on paper.

(7) Many of my friends are upset with inflation and feel that the government hasn't been forthright on inflation claiming it wouldn't happen, then it would be "transitory" and small, then that Putin caused it.

(8) Abortion, I am pro-life, but most of my friends are in the middle. They want abortion legal for the 1st trimester, but banned in the 3rd trimester. 2nd Trimester is wishy washy. Most see it as important, but not important as something like inflation.

(9) Most of my friends want to help Ukraine...but not too much to avoid provoking Russia.

(10) Definitely me, and most of my circle of friends think the military gets too much money. They want a balance of a strong military, but not so big that it is a world police. I know this seems contradictory to the above point.

(11) Get the border under control. Most of my friends think we are incompetent to have that much chaos at the border. I am more pro-immigrant than perhaps many of my friends. I think overall, a good balance would play well in the suburbs where we speed up legal immigration, but secure the border.

Just my ideas on how Democrats can do well with suburban women based on my own personal thoughts from myself and my friends, which may or may not be accurate to American suburban women as a whole.

What do you think?

***Don't be mad please....just sharing my thoughts and hoping to learn more***

Well.......................if that is the key to "democrat success", the lock is jammed and won't open.

NO ONE likes inflation, high gas prices, lower incomes, lower standards of living, high crime and tranny indoctrination.

NOBODY is buying the crap the dems are selling. Unless they suddenly become sane, they will never win another election (unless they cheat again).

Old 06-21-2022, 02:27 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,309,310 times
Quote:
Millennials are age 26-41 in 2022. OP is 5 years too young to be a millennial and falls into Generation Z.

Old 06-21-2022, 02:42 PM

6,124 posts, read 3,347,968 times
Does it even matter what each party does to try and attract voters from the other side?

According to Andrew Yang, and he cites many studies on the subject, but you are predisposed as to what party you will support. Which means that you are born either Democrat or Republican.

If you respond to emotional type of messages, you are likely a Democrat. If you respond to logical messages, you are likely a Republican. That’s why more Democrats are women, and more Republicans are men. It’s why more minorities are Democrat, and more white people are Republicans.

I do find it interesting that that clear line appears to be getting blurred a little bit. I use the word “appears” because we don’t know yet if there really will be a red wave, or if this is just a normal wave of the party out of power getting energized.

But one thing I do know is that if you voted for Biden in 2020 based on all of the DNC messaging that you heard leading up to the election, and believed he would be better for America, then we should not be in the same country.

I honestly would rather split the country and live how I want to live, with leaders that I admire, as I’m sure Democrats would like to do the same.

But seeing Schumer and Pelosi bow down on one knee while wearing African garb is absolutely disgusting to me. For Democrats, they responded to that emotional message as “one people” or whatever it was supposed to be, and liked it.

We all should live how we want to, therefore, if there was only a way to separate, we’d all be a lot happier.

Maybe we are in the process, as states seem to be becoming more red and more blue?

Old 06-21-2022, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Wow. A normal Democrat.
I think most Democrats are normal and most Republicans are normal and most independent/small party people are normal.

The problem is the TV news, newspapers, websites, and so forth will make more money portraying 1 party at their best and the other party at their worst.

Also, politicians being bad is more sensational and gets more coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Does it even matter what each party does to try and attract voters from the other side?

According to Andrew Yang, and he cites many studies on the subject, but you are predisposed as to what party you will support. Which means that you are born either Democrat or Republican.

If you respond to emotional type of messages, you are likely a Democrat. If you respond to logical messages, you are likely a Republican. That’s why more Democrats are women, and more Republicans are men. It’s why more minorities are Democrat, and more white people are Republicans.

I do find it interesting that that clear line appears to be getting blurred a little bit. I use the word “appears” because we don’t know yet if there really will be a red wave, or if this is just a normal wave of the party out of power getting energized.

But one thing I do know is that if you voted for Biden in 2020 based on all of the DNC messaging that you heard leading up to the election, and believed he would be better for America, then we should not be in the same country.

I honestly would rather split the country and live how I want to live, with leaders that I admire, as I’m sure Democrats would like to do the same.

But seeing Schumer and Pelosi bow down on one knee while wearing African garb is absolutely disgusting to me. For Democrats, they responded to that emotional message as “one people” or whatever it was supposed to be, and liked it.

We all should live how we want to, therefore, if there was only a way to separate, we’d all be a lot happier.

Maybe we are in the process, as states seem to be becoming more red and more blue?
Raised as a democrat and I am definitely emotional, especially with religion, but I think I add logic and hope you see it too.

I would guess that it is healthy to have a good mix of the two. You don't want to be a cold robot with only logic just like you don't want to be illogical and only going on with emotions.

Old 06-21-2022, 03:12 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
I've heard some pundits say that suburban women are key for Democrats this November and back in 2020.

I am stereotypical suburban woman. Husband is 32, I turn 21 tomorrow, 2 little boys, some college for me and I am a stay at home mom, 2 degrees for my husband, upper middle class, both white. I think both parties get some things right and somethings wrong, but that the Democrats get a little more right. I voted for Biden in my first election. My husband voted for the Libertarian lady, but has already said he will vote straight GOP in 2022.

I can't speak for all suburban women, but here is what I think based on my personal views and my friends' views.

(1) Most Democrats have not supported this and Biden has not supported this. However, some Democrats have in fact supported this....Democrats MUST back away from anything that is "Defund the Police." You will scare suburban people to the Republicans. I will never vote for a person who says "defund the police." It is asking for more violence and scares people in my circles as being out of touch with reality.

(2) Don't gaslight on CRT or whatever you want to call it. I am not far removed from high school and some teachers would in fact do illogical teachings that were racist against whites. Most of my friends my age say that it is absurd when Democrats insist that none of the countless teachers across the countless schools are doing these things when we've experienced it firsthand. Stop gaslighting us suburban women that it doesn't happen. If my circle of friends know better, most people know better and it hurts your credibility to deny that it never happens in any of the countless classrooms. Teaching diversity and love is good, but there are teachings that cross a line actually being racist. Know where that line is and accept that it shouldn't be crossed.

(3) I think gun control plays well in suburban women circles. I know it hurts in rural areas, but I think it helps among my friends. We are depressed by the school shootings and fear it could happen here next.

(4) National healthcare would be a positive in my circle of friends. Many people struggle with healthcare bills and even if we don't, we feel for those who can't.

(5) Andrew Yang had a lot of ideas, not all were perfect, but generally my circle of friends appreciate that he had many creative "let's do something ideas" written down on paper.

(6) The Green New Deal was too idealistic and too far reaching, and easy for Republicans to pick apart... but take a step on that green path with a smaller, more sensible plan put down on paper.

(7) Many of my friends are upset with inflation and feel that the government hasn't been forthright on inflation claiming it wouldn't happen, then it would be "transitory" and small, then that Putin caused it.

(8) Abortion, I am pro-life, but most of my friends are in the middle. They want abortion legal for the 1st trimester, but banned in the 3rd trimester. 2nd Trimester is wishy washy. Most see it as important, but not important as something like inflation.

(9) Most of my friends want to help Ukraine...but not too much to avoid provoking Russia.

(10) Definitely me, and most of my circle of friends think the military gets too much money. They want a balance of a strong military, but not so big that it is a world police. I know this seems contradictory to the above point.

(11) Get the border under control. Most of my friends think we are incompetent to have that much chaos at the border. I am more pro-immigrant than perhaps many of my friends. I think overall, a good balance would play well in the suburbs where we speed up legal immigration, but secure the border.

Just my ideas on how Democrats can do well with suburban women based on my own personal thoughts from myself and my friends, which may or may not be accurate to American suburban women as a whole.

What do you think?

***Don't be mad please....just sharing my thoughts and hoping to learn more***

" I think both parties get some things right and somethings wrong, but that the Democrats get a little more right."

Your post sure does not reflect that you think that in your heart.

Old 06-21-2022, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Well.......................if that is the key to "democrat success", the lock is jammed and won't open.

NO ONE likes inflation, high gas prices, lower incomes, lower standards of living, high crime and tranny indoctrination.

NOBODY is buying the crap the dems are selling. Unless they suddenly become sane, they will never win another election (unless they cheat again).
I think that most people in the LGBTQIA+ community consider the term "tranny" an offensive slur.

Most older people don't realize this and just use the term as an abbreviation, but it hurts people's feelings and then some unfortunately draw stereotypes about the groups of people that use the term.

Old 06-21-2022, 05:36 PM

1,213 posts, read 568,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Millennials are age 26-41 in 2022. OP is 5 years too young to be a millennial and falls into Generation Z.
Well excuuuuuse me.
Close enough. 21, 26, same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections