Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2022, 03:49 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,552,074 times

Advertisements

The problem with this is that we need someone to be the head of the military. One reason I won't go for Trump again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2022, 04:27 PM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Name one! Outside of the founders every President has been involved in the process of government at some level before becoming the Chief Executive, if you don't understand government you have no clue as to how it is suppose to operate, regardless of your position on issues.
Electing politicians nearly every time has gotten us:

-$30T in debt
-a ponzi scheme SS lockbox
-went off the gold standard so now gov't prints Monopoly money that devalues the dollar we have
-got us in to many useless military conflicts & wars
-driven our major cities into horrendous decay
-destroyed our public education when you look at our ranking trend amongst developed nations
-polarized our population against each other, more now than ever
-politicized law enforcement & fed gov't agencies (FBI, DOJ)
-obliterated our Southern border security
-gov't corruption where 10% for the Big Guy doesnt even get investigated...standard operating procedure
-destroyed our manufacturing so we can't make computer chips, meds, N-95 masks, rare Earth minerals
-have 2/3rds of American living paycheck to paycheck
-homelessness, drug abuse, and crime are rampant

I could go on and on and on, but you get the idea. How are polititicans serving us? In fact, they are failing us.

I am 100% confident that we could take 535 College Summa Cume Laude's from the best 535 colleges/universities in America, & produce superior outcomes in Congress to what we are getting for our money today in the House & Senate.

How can things be any worse? I could choose a random High School class President and do better than this for President.

Old 06-24-2022, 04:29 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Do you think electing polititicans to become President, nearly every time, has got America in a good place right now?
Good and bad times come and go constantly.
They're never the fault of a good President when the times are bad, and are never the reward of a bad President when times are good. But every President is always partly responsible for both. So is Congress.

And there are always bad times that aren't political in nature but can become political when incorrectly addressed. (Or ignored)

The Presidency has a lot of limits as the Administrative branch. Any effective President needs to have executive grade political experience to be effective within the constraints that limit the office's powers. Sometimes that effectiveness is popular, sometimes not. And sometimes the effectiveness only becomes apparent after a President has left office.

So yes. While America may not be in a good place right now, I still believe the Presidency is an office that needs to be occupied by an experienced professional politician.

Especially when times are bad. That's the time when a single executive policy can turn the times.

Business is too cut and dried to give an executive the experience needed to lead a people who have always been quarrelsome.

Old 06-24-2022, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Would you vote for a non-politician President in 2024?

Maybe, but no actors.
I can relate to that. Alec Baldwin is a nut case, just as 1 example. How about Johnnie Depp?

Old 06-24-2022, 04:32 PM

15,848 posts, read 6,547,612 times
After the Trump experience, I think there is something to be said for electing a President who has a clear track record of defending the Constitution.

Old 06-24-2022, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Sure, but their vision for our country would have to align with what I want to see happen in this country.
I wouldn’t automatically choose a political outsider “just because.â€

Besides, we’ve seen what we get with a 50-year career politician in office. It’s been a disaster.
I would select any random medium-sized business owner over Biden right here right now.

Old 06-24-2022, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
After the Trump experience, I think there is something to be said for electing a President who has a clear track record of defending the Constitution.
If that is your pre-requisite, you cannot vote for anyone but...RAND PAUL!

Old 06-24-2022, 04:45 PM

Our federal government chock full of career politicians have driven us to the brink of social collapse.

It is past time we try something new. It just can't get any worse, w/o total collapse, chaos, & anarchy.

Beyond that, I do not pretend to have all the answers, but I'm looking for them...are you? Throw out some ideas...mine:

-How about the 535 biggest financial contributors to social causes take over in Congress?

-The 535 fastest growing small business leaders in America take over Congress?

-The 535 most highest-awarded military hero's take over Congress?

After 1 year, each of these groups would select 5 of the best candidates to run for President.

Your ideas? I'm here waiting

Old 06-24-2022, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Good and bad times come and go constantly.
They're never the fault of a good President when the times are bad, and are never the reward of a bad President when times are good. But every President is always partly responsible for both. So is Congress.

And there are always bad times that aren't political in nature but can become political when incorrectly addressed. (Or ignored)

The Presidency has a lot of limits as the Administrative branch. Any effective President needs to have executive grade political experience to be effective within the constraints that limit the office's powers. Sometimes that effectiveness is popular, sometimes not. And sometimes the effectiveness only becomes apparent after a President has left office.

So yes. While America may not be in a good place right now, I still believe the Presidency is an office that needs to be occupied by an experienced professional politician.

Especially when times are bad. That's the time when a single executive policy can turn the times.

Business is too cut and dried to give an executive the experience needed to lead a people who have always been quarrelsome.
please explain how this chart is good for Americans? This is 90 years of politicians on both sides running the show:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Govern...ending_GDP.png

In 1930 gov't spent 10% of GDP and today ~50%. This takes cash from the private sector who grows GDP.

So, please tell us how this is good?

Old 06-24-2022, 06:14 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post

but you turned around and voted for Obama, Hillary and Biden. Thanks for the fake lecture and the laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections