Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2022, 04:58 AM

5,175 posts, read 4,949,447 times

Advertisements

I would prefer DeSantis as President and Trump be one of his advisors. There are too many people who view President Trump in a negative light to get him re-elected. Even if he can garner 81,000,000 votes, the dems will come up with 81,000,001.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2022, 05:12 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
I don't think DeSantis would settle for VP for Trump, especially after seeing how treats his VP.

Nah -- I think someone else suggested DeSantis will be happen to continue his rule in Florida and then run in 2028

Old 08-09-2022, 06:28 AM

1,263 posts, read 562,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
Which means only the Florida electors couldn't vote for both Trump and DeSantis. Electors from all the other states could.
So plan to jeopardize losing Electoral votes in one of the biggest swing states? Interesting strategy.

Consider this scenario: the law plays out by this interpretation. Florida sends electors for Trump, not DeSantis. The race is close. Either Democrats can seat a VP by Electoral votes, or it could fall to the Senate to elect the VP, wherein a Democrat could potentially win the seat. If you thought impeachment nonsense was bad before, wait for any arrangement where a Democrat would be on deck to take over the top job.

Old 08-09-2022, 07:52 AM

4,856 posts, read 3,282,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPC324 View Post
So plan to jeopardize losing Electoral votes in one of the biggest swing states? Interesting strategy.

Consider this scenario: the law plays out by this interpretation. Florida sends electors for Trump, not DeSantis. The race is close. Either Democrats can seat a VP by Electoral votes, or it could fall to the Senate to elect the VP, wherein a Democrat could potentially win the seat. If you thought impeachment nonsense was bad before, wait for any arrangement where a Democrat would be on deck to take over the top job.
This is an interesting point. I didn't give it any more thought than to correct the notion that they couldn't both be from the same state.

Old 08-11-2022, 11:27 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times

I would lose faith in DeSantis if he agreed to that.

Old 08-11-2022, 11:29 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't think DeSantis would settle for VP for Trump, especially after seeing how treats his VP.

Nah -- I think someone else suggested DeSantis will be happen to continue his rule in Florida and then run in 2028

Although I hope DeSantis runs in 2024, the above would be better than DeSantis running with Trump as a potential VP.

Old 08-11-2022, 11:59 AM

1,839 posts, read 677,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post

If Trump runs my money is on Nikki Haley as his VP. You get a conservative, a woman, some brown, both state leadership and intl experience due to stint at the UN, and she has about 50 IQ points more than Palin. Last time GOP tried this I think lots more people would have voted for McCain but couldn't stomach the thought of Palin being a heartbeat away from the helm, that wouldn't be as much of an issue with Haley.
I don't see Trump asking Haley as VP, or Haley wanting to be Trump's VP.

At most, if by some long shot, Haley gets the Republican nomination for President, she would want Trump's endorsement, but other than that scenario, she wants to keep some distance.

She left the UN Ambassador role two years, than staying through Trump's full term.

The MAGA crowd also rejects her as being RINO. Her initial respone for 1/6 was also one where she was critical of Trump's actions.

She is war hawkish/neo-con leaning as well, and likely not to take Trump being pally with Putin positively. She also doesn't get into the cultural wars, conspiracy theory realm, anti-woke rhetoric which is expected for acceptance with the Republican voters. Tulsi Gabbard, a so called Democrat, actually gets involved in the latter against the Democrats, while Haley doesn't and sticks to more general issues like inflation and just Biden being weak.

If it's Trump on the top ticket, I could see someone like Jim Jordan, Kristi Noem or Marsha Blackburn as a running mate. Someone more aligned in MAGA sphere, than the so called RINO sphere, and not DeSantis as he is too popular to accept a VP role.

Last edited by g555; 08-11-2022 at 12:07 PM..

Old 08-11-2022, 12:50 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Although I hope DeSantis runs in 2024, the above would be better than DeSantis running with Trump as a potential VP.
LOL. Neither one of these guys would agree to be second on the ballot. Their egos simply couldn't allow for it. DeSantis only needs to wait for Trump implode--which he is well on his way to doing right now--and the field is free and clear for him.

Old 08-11-2022, 12:51 PM

3,162 posts, read 2,215,339 times
I think Marjorie Taylor Greene would be the perfect running mate for Trump. Unlike most other politicians, she has never had any disagreement with him, and is exceptionally skilled at verbalizing "culture war" issues and running on a platform of grievance. The right wing base loves her, and she doesn't waste any time in the minutia of governing. And no doubt she'll be submitting impeachment articles for Biden, Harris and numerous cabinet members when Republicans take back the House. What more could Trump want?

Old 08-11-2022, 12:55 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
I think Marjorie Taylor Greene would be the perfect running mate for Trump. Unlike most other politicians, she has never had any disagreement with him, and is exceptionally skilled at verbalizing "culture war" issues and running on a platform of grievance. The right wing base loves her, and she doesn't waste any time in the minutia of governing. And no doubt she'll be submitting impeachment articles for Biden, Harris and numerous cabinet members when Republicans take back the House. What more could Trump want?
OMG, this would be an awesome ticket. Dumb and Dumber. Please do this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections