Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2022, 01:04 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
OMG, this would be an awesome ticket. Dumb and Dumber. Please do this!

Have you seen the two that you voted for?

They don’t come any dumber than cackles and the potato.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2022, 01:12 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g555 View Post
I don't see Trump asking Haley as VP, or Haley wanting to be Trump's VP.

At most, if by some long shot, Haley gets the Republican nomination for President, she would want Trump's endorsement, but other than that scenario, she wants to keep some distance.

She left the UN Ambassador role two years, than staying through Trump's full term.

The MAGA crowd also rejects her as being RINO. Her initial respone for 1/6 was also one where she was critical of Trump's actions.

She is war hawkish/neo-con leaning as well, and likely not to take Trump being pally with Putin positively. She also doesn't get into the cultural wars, conspiracy theory realm, anti-woke rhetoric which is expected for acceptance with the Republican voters. Tulsi Gabbard, a so called Democrat, actually gets involved in the latter against the Democrats, while Haley doesn't and sticks to more general issues like inflation and just Biden being weak.

If it's Trump on the top ticket, I could see someone like Jim Jordan, Kristi Noem or Marsha Blackburn as a running mate. Someone more aligned in MAGA sphere, than the so called RINO sphere, and not DeSantis as he is too popular to accept a VP role.

Which is highly ironic, with Trump and trumpers being the actual RINOs.

Old 08-11-2022, 01:15 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Which is highly ironic, with Trump and trumpers being the actual RINOs.
There are no real Republicans left in the party any longer except Mike Pence, and he's a virtual non-entity in his own party now. The GOP left the real Republicans behind in 2016 and have never looked back.

Old 08-11-2022, 01:46 PM

15,825 posts, read 6,536,770 times
That would make DeSantis the next in line to be thrown under the bus.

Old 08-11-2022, 02:01 PM

1,517 posts, read 541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
I doubt it, for a couple of reasons:

1. Both of them have egos too big to be on the same ticket, DeSantis would rather wait four more years than play second fiddle to anyone.
2. They are too similar to accomplish usual running mate diversity strategy

If Trump runs my money is on Nikki Haley as his VP. You get a conservative, a woman, some brown, both state leadership and intl experience due to stint at the UN, and she has about 50 IQ points more than Palin. Last time GOP tried this I think lots more people would have voted for McCain but couldn't stomach the thought of Palin being a heartbeat away from the helm, that wouldn't be as much of an issue with Haley.

I agree. The only way DeSantis gets on the ticket with the former guy is if he expects the former guy will not make it through the 2nd term.

DeSantis can serve 2 terms whereas the former guy can only serve 1. The GOP establishment always plays they long game so they prefer electing the 2 term guy over the 1 term guy. Think of it as an investment, why they spend the money to elect someone for 4 years when you can invest the same money and get 8 years. We switch parties every 8 years so don't even think there's going to be a 12 year run.

Old 08-11-2022, 02:07 PM

1,517 posts, read 541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
I think Marjorie Taylor Greene would be the perfect running mate for Trump. Unlike most other politicians, she has never had any disagreement with him, and is exceptionally skilled at verbalizing "culture war" issues and running on a platform of grievance. The right wing base loves her, and she doesn't waste any time in the minutia of governing. And no doubt she'll be submitting impeachment articles for Biden, Harris and numerous cabinet members when Republicans take back the House. What more could Trump want?

She brings the total loyalty that Trump wants but shes too ugly for Trumps standards. I would question his sanity if he choose her.

Old 08-11-2022, 02:29 PM

3,159 posts, read 2,209,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
She brings the total loyalty that Trump wants but shes too ugly for Trumps standards. I would question his sanity if he choose her.
If he wants a female VP, I'm not sure who would both pass his visual test and provide unconditional loyalty. Kristi Noem or Nikki Haley as VP (for example) would likely have taken the exact same course as Pence on January 6th. Greene or Lauren Boebert, on the other hand, would probably have tried to reject the legitimate swing state electoral votes and plunged the country into chaos until the courts sorted things out.

Old 08-11-2022, 04:28 PM

10,746 posts, read 4,342,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
It is less than 2 years into Biden's presidency, and I am longing for a break from the political and economical decays that have unfolded under Biden and his Dem machine.

After some research, I feel that T+D will make a perfect pair to lead in DC to turn things around after Biden. D has a lot of potential but he will benefit from work as T's VP for a term to mature before he seeks his own POTUS in 2028.

What is your choice???
I think the primaries will be a blood bath, and since Trump and De Santis are bound to be the last 2 contenders standing, their relationship will be damaged beyond repair. So I don't expect Trump to choose De Santis for running mate.

Old 08-12-2022, 07:27 AM

1,838 posts, read 676,481 times
Wild card scenario would be Trump+Gabbard pairing. Trump would find her attractive and she could appeal to former Democrats but those that have not become Republican, and the two would share a lot of views (anti-woke, anti-media and be aligned on international policy with Russia and US involvement in the ME countries)

However, Gabbard would have to switch to Pro Life (or switch back), at the very minimum and even then, I'm not sure how the evangelicals would view a Trump+Gabbard ticket.

Old 08-12-2022, 07:45 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,292,205 times
After the way Trump treated Mike Pence, why would DeSantis want it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections