Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 06:50 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The rest of us know it was good old fashion green in the hands of those we are there to fight. The problem with paying your enemies to not fight? Money is the most expensive method of appeasement.
More of your typical left-wing cynicism.

You just cannot stand that our soldiers are winning over there, can you?

You will not give them one ounce of credit for the dramatic decrease in violence, will you?

And are you saying we are paying Al Qaeda off? Because that is who we are fighting over there.

What a sad excuse you are for an american citizen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 07:12 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,033,943 times
I liked the Daily Show response to the West Virginia voters - the state slogan should be "West Virginia, Don't interview us!".

Ah well, gotta love how Liberals think they know what is best for everyone else.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:34 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
More of your typical left-wing cynicism.

You just cannot stand that our soldiers are winning over there, can you?

You will not give them one ounce of credit for the dramatic decrease in violence, will you?

And are you saying we are paying Al Qaeda off? Because that is who we are fighting over there.

What a sad excuse you are for an american citizen.
You're so silly. Comical even.

Nice try. I'm certain I'm more aware of the status of our soldiers than I can publicly express to you. Do some research. It's public record. We didn't pay al Qaeda. And they are a minuscule part of the force we've been engaged with (if that'll help).

Good heavens no one reads anymore.

In regards to your personal attack - save it. I am of the spirit of the Countries true patriots steeped in the knowledge that my duties as a citizen do not lie in the agreeableness of the masses but in my patriotic duty to apply cynicism to all who would hold power within the grip of a small few, or as Madison put it in Vices, and echoed Hume after reading his "On the Idea of a perfect Commonwealth "in a larger republic it is harder for factions to join together into majorities that will oppress, or tyrannize the minorities. Or as Madison was to put it in his "Vices..." memo, "Society becomes broken into a greater variety of interests, of pursuits, of passions which check each other, while those who may feel a common sentiment have less opportunity of communication and concert."
On the big issues....the ones that served as the foundation on which everything else was built, Madison's handiwork has clearly been preserved in our modern government.
Madison's point, which was later fleshed out in letters to Jefferson and George Washington, and finally in Federalist 10, was that in a larger republic there was much less likelihood of the tyranny of the majority that had wreaked such havoc under the old Articles. Why? First of all, in a large republic it would be harder for people of "common sentiment" to join together to impose their will. But equally important, in a large republic more people would — following the dictates of their pursuit of self-interest — constantly shift in and out of a larger number of different factions.

INDEPENDENT.

Keep your party.
I prefer it quiet so I can think.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:40 PM

So...you give no credit to our brave and very fine military and the surge?

We just paid off everybody to stop the fighting?

Oh, and your BS about being some kind of "insider" to the goings on over there - sounds like a crock of excrement to me.

Nice try to try and discredit the job our military is doing, though. Some patriot.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:47 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
So...you give no credit to our brave and very fine military and the surge?

We just paid off everybody to stop the fighting?

Oh, and your BS about being some kind of "insider" to the goings on over there - sounds like a crock of excrement to me.

Nice try to try and discredit the job our military is doing, though. Some patriot.
Still refusing to read eh? lol

Old 05-27-2008, 09:03 PM

Quote:
I'm certain you believe it was the valiant work of the soldiers who toil under the vaunted banner of our great Nation. The rest of us know it was good old fashion green in the hands of those we are there to fight. The problem with paying your enemies to not fight?
Here's your own quote. Your first sentence is full of sarcasm for our military and country. So..if not out valiant soldiers then...who?

The rest of us....you mean you military-hating,left-wing liberals?

Third sentence..paying your enemies not to fight. Is that really what you believe, patriot? That all the success we have achieved lately is because we are bribing people not to fight? I really don't have to ask where people of your ilk gets this kind of crap.

Tell me where I went wrong.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:15 PM

Please supply the link. Thanks.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:59 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
You want a really big laugh? When the rides are broken and the attractions are closed for repair at La-La-Liberal Land or they find they can't afford the price of admission anymore, GUESS WHERE THEY GO?! THE RED STATES! You know, the ones with "uneducated rednecks" who actually have affordable homes, aren't deep in debt, and know how to manage money!
What is your definition of affordable homes? Trailer parks

And what exactly do those folks out there have to manage/save if their average pay is about $ 200/week

Old 05-27-2008, 10:37 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
You're so silly. Comical even.

Nice try. I'm certain I'm more aware of the status of our soldiers than I can publicly express to you. Do some research. It's public record. We didn't pay al Qaeda. And they are a minuscule part of the force we've been engaged with (if that'll help).

Good heavens no one reads anymore.

In regards to your personal attack - save it. I am of the spirit of the Countries true patriots steeped in the knowledge that my duties as a citizen do not lie in the agreeableness of the masses but in my patriotic duty to apply cynicism to all who would hold power within the grip of a small few, or as Madison put it in Vices, and echoed Hume after reading his "On the Idea of a perfect Commonwealth "in a larger republic it is harder for factions to join together into majorities that will oppress, or tyrannize the minorities. Or as Madison was to put it in his "Vices..." memo, "Society becomes broken into a greater variety of interests, of pursuits, of passions which check each other, while those who may feel a common sentiment have less opportunity of communication and concert."
On the big issues....the ones that served as the foundation on which everything else was built, Madison's handiwork has clearly been preserved in our modern government.
Madison's point, which was later fleshed out in letters to Jefferson and George Washington, and finally in Federalist 10, was that in a larger republic there was much less likelihood of the tyranny of the majority that had wreaked such havoc under the old Articles. Why? First of all, in a large republic it would be harder for people of "common sentiment" to join together to impose their will. But equally important, in a large republic more people would — following the dictates of their pursuit of self-interest — constantly shift in and out of a larger number of different factions.

INDEPENDENT.

Keep your party.
I prefer it quiet so I can think.

Well 007, we are all thrilled to have an all knowing insider explain Iraq to us dolts. I smell a bitter community college instuctor lurking beneath your international man of mystery disguise. Just a guess.... And before you accuse me of a personal attack, check the pretentious condescension in your posts. I take that as a personal attack.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:47 PM

1,342 posts, read 3,245,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
I liked the Daily Show response to the West Virginia voters - the state slogan should be "West Virginia, Don't interview us!".

Ah well, gotta love how Liberals think they know what is best for everyone else.
I think they stopped short on the state slogan, it should have read "West Virginia-Don't Interview Us-Unless You Want to Know Exactly What We Think About You, Your Family, and Your Dog."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections