Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 05:35 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,606,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Well 007, we are all thrilled to have an all knowing insider explain Iraq to us dolts (and to think I had a much higher opinion of you, perhaps I stand corrected?). I smell a bitter community college instuctor lurking beneath your international man of mystery disguise. Just a guess.... And before you accuse me of a personal attack, check the pretentious condescension in your posts. I take that as a personal attack.
Instructor

Take it how you will. It's your prerogative. I sincerely apologize for hurting your feelings.

You don't need to be 007 to pay attention to both sides of the news coming out of Iraq - I take the good with the bad. Some of it is great news, most of it bad, and a lot of it unwarranted. But then we could relish in the fact that the Mission has been Accomplished, the truce is working, Democracy has won and can someone please answer the question - what constitutes victory, and when are the troops coming home?

No? Ah well. You don't know because no else knows, because no one has a plan, because the American people have just started demanding a plan. I seem to recall the original plan prior to the strategists being fired, our greatest and Highest ranked Generals being replaced, calling for a fast execution, multi-National support and FIVE Times the amount of support and troops currently in the theater. But then this sounds like a rational plan.

So perhaps you can enlighten the rest of us on when the Greatest military force in recent Modern history of the Planet, exceeding the time we fought WWII will be coming home.

It would be nice to see our friends, family, our Countrymen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 05:08 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,777,470 times
Yesterday Leonard Pitts wrote an excellent column about this very subject. In it he talks about how poor white people have served as cannon fodder for the rich since the Civil War and how they continue to be fooled and manipulated even today. That is why things will never get any better for them.

Stop trying to weasel out of what is self-evident - 05/28/2008 - MiamiHerald.com (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections