Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 09:28 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
It would be nice to have American workers producing American fuel... we could use the jobs!
There you have it crank up production in Hawaii and Americans have jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 09:39 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,899,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
There you have it crank up production in Hawaii and Americans have jobs.
The sheer size of land needed to produce enough sugar to produce ethanol is the reason we are losing the Brazilian rain forests at an alarming rate. Plants for fuel are not the answer. The answers are, wind, solar, geothermal and hydrogen.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:40 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Am I the only one who is reminded of Dubya by Obama? I mean, Obama is trying to interfere with foreign affairs while he is only a candidate... .

Old 05-27-2008, 05:44 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,121,052 times
I am Cuban American. Fidel Castro is a madman, despot and criminal who has murdered thousands of freedom loving Cubans of my father's generation and continues to torture and kill today.

The Castro regime is openly hated by Cuban Americans. No freedom loving Cuban American wants to see Obama or anyone else deal with the "butchers of Havanna".

The motivation for the ladies in white is to try and get their sons and husbands released from prison. They are desperate. My own uncle, a teacher who spoke out about the brutality of Castro's government-that's all he did! was tortured and held in prison. Eventually Castro's guards killed him.

You can't negotiate with irrational despots. The only negotiation with Castro is at the end of a rifle.

Obama will not get votes from Cuban Americans saying he wants to sit down and talk with Castro.

Obama will get votes from Cuban Americans if he authorizes an invasion of our homeland.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
I am Cuban American. Fidel Castro is a madman, despot and criminal who has murdered thousands of freedom loving Cubans of my father's generation and continues to torture and kill today.

The Castro regime is openly hated by Cuban Americans. No freedom loving Cuban American wants to see Obama or anyone else deal with the "butchers of Havanna".

The motivation for the ladies in white is to try and get their sons and husbands released from prison. They are desperate. My own uncle, a teacher who spoke out about the brutality of Castro's government-that's all he did! was tortured and held in prison. Eventually Castro's guards killed him.

You can't negotiate with irrational despots. The only negotiation with Castro is at the end of a rifle.

Obama will not get votes from Cuban Americans saying he wants to sit down and talk with Castro.

Obama will get votes from Cuban Americans if he authorizes an invasion of our homeland.
Another war? Ok so for him to authorize the invasion he has to be elected and you don't want him so he will never have the chance.
I wonder how many others have a favorite war they would like to see the Republicans start?

Old 05-27-2008, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
The sheer size of land needed to produce enough sugar to produce ethanol is the reason we are losing the Brazilian rain forests at an alarming rate. Plants for fuel are not the answer. The answers are, wind, solar, geothermal and hydrogen.
While cuba may only be a help the land is already ready and I keep seeing Americans saying help now.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Another war? Ok so for him to authorize the invasion he has to be elected and you don't want him so he will never have the chance.
I wonder how many others have a favorite war they would like to see the Republicans start?
Sorry, my sarcasm must not have been as visible as it was intended. I apoligise. I meant to say that Castro only understands violence, not negotiation.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
Sorry, my sarcasm must not have been as visible as it was intended. I apoligise. I meant to say that Castro only understands violence, not negotiation.
He is to old and fragile right now if you mean Fidel. What is your read on Raul?

Old 05-27-2008, 06:59 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
So Castro is still poking his ugly nose into America's business. I hope someone switches his Foley bag with his saline drip.
Seems to me, our presidential candidates going to Florida and promising things to the Cuban exiles is poking our nose in Cuba's business. The Cold War is over, let's end this last vestige.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Seems to me, our presidential candidates going to Florida and promising things to the Cuban exiles is poking our nose in Cuba's business. The Cold War is over, let's end this last vestige.
Agreed. Obama would have been better off not to have proposed talking to the murderers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections