Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2022, 07:11 PM

13,690 posts, read 7,976,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
You don't get a vote here, but I do Mark Kelly is getting my vote as well as the 4 others in my family that's 5 votes for Mark Kelly.
Just out of curiosity: Given you and others in your family are on the same page politically do you discuss politics at holiday dinner table?

Old 10-14-2022, 08:21 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,256,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
I deplore any candidate, Democrat or Republican, who refuses to debate their opponents under any circumstances. I’m also of the belief if there are minor party candidates or independent candidates who qualified for the ballot, they should always be included too. I don’t like the idea that our choices always have to be Democrat or Republican.
I almost always vote for the Libertarian candidate if there is one on the ballot ... exceptions being if I don't agree with the candidate on certain important issues, or if the candidate is too much of a moron to even take seriously. The Libertarian is the one I agree with on all issues across the board in most cases. I despise having to choose only between the D or the R. It's because of the two party system that we have a government which overspends, and imposes too many ridiculous laws on citizens & private businesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
yep and i have recently received my ballot and kelly is the only Dem i might consider voting for. I have always liked him and dislike Masters, there is something about that guy that strikes me as being wrong. It is something i am debating since I feel the Dems Nationally need to be stopped and stopped hard so the hard left realizes most people, including most Dems, are not Far left. And perhaps allow moderate Dems to step forward. Dems who support the DREAM and not a Nightmare.
I will not vote for Kelly under any circumstances. He talks like a moderate, but doesn't behave like one when he goes along with Biden's reckless spending nearly all the time, and is in favor of imposing additional laws (one example being his bill to ban stock trading among members of Congress). Here again, I will not be forced to pick one of the bozos from the two corrupt parties. Marc Victor is the one I'm voting for in the Senate race.

Old 10-18-2022, 07:36 AM

17,614 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Tulsi Gabbard (D) has now endorsed Kari Lake (R) and is campaigning for Lake.

Link: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...star-kari-lake

Old 10-18-2022, 07:51 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,531,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
Hobbs is pulling a Biden, hide in the cellar and dont put yourself or your views into the limelight. It's the only thing you can do when you know you dont have the ability to intelligently debate and your policies cannot stand the light of being exposed to the general public. Much easier to stand behind attack ads on your opponent and call them names instead of actually defending your policies/views.
^ winner winner chicken dinner.

you are correct.

the difference is, if she were a republican the deMSM would be calling her out for her cowardice. she's a leftist, so she gets a pass.

Old 10-18-2022, 08:07 AM

13,238 posts, read 7,286,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
^ winner winner chicken dinner.

you are correct.

the difference is, if she were a republican the deMSM would be calling her out for her cowardice. she's a leftist, so she gets a pass.
MSNBC did ask Katie Hobbs why she refuses to debate. You think Fox News, OAN, Newsmax would do this if she was a Republican I doubt it.

Old 10-18-2022, 08:14 AM

13,238 posts, read 7,286,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Tulsi Gabbard (D) has now endorsed Kari Lake (R) and is campaigning for Lake.

Link: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...star-kari-lake

What does she have to do with Arizona? She is from Hawaii I have never heard of the woman before you posted that I can guarantee no one here cares who she is endorsing.

This is like saying Charlie Crist was endorsed by some Republican in Alaska. Reading about her she voted against Trump's impeachment saying that it would only lead to Trump being re-elected loss of Democrat majority. Now she is flipping sides and left the party since she isn't running for office in Hawaii where she would lose.

Old 10-18-2022, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
What does she have to do with Arizona? She is from Hawaii I have never heard of the woman before you posted that I can guarantee no one here cares who she is endorsing.

This is like saying Charlie Crist was endorsed by some Republican in Alaska. Reading about her she voted against Trump's impeachment saying that it would only lead to Trump being re-elected loss of Democrat majority. Now she is flipping sides and left the party since she isn't running for office in Hawaii where she would lose.

Ans: Nothing.

However she will be in AZ campaigning for Lake/Masters.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...rs-in-arizona/

But why should this help Lake/Masters?

Because at present she has enough name recognition that local news will report on what she has to say.

Old 10-18-2022, 10:03 AM

6,097 posts, read 2,717,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Ans: Nothing.

However she will be in AZ campaigning for Lake/Masters.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...rs-in-arizona/

But why should this help Lake/Masters?

Because at present she has enough name recognition that local news will report on what she has to say.
I think Hobbs made her bed when she decided not to debate Lake. Hobbs was ahead in the polls before she refused to debate Lake.

Lake might be a clown but she is ahead of you in the polls you'd think someone who is hungry and wants to win would do whatever it takes to get out there.

My opinion is she doesn't really want to be governor anymore and has just given up. It sucks for people who support her and have donated to her for her to be so selfish.

Old 10-18-2022, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
I think Hobbs made her bed when she decided not to debate Lake. Hobbs was ahead in the polls before she refused to debate Lake.

Lake might be a clown but she is ahead of you in the polls you'd think someone who is hungry and wants to win would do whatever it takes to get out there.

My opinion is she doesn't really want to be governor anymore and has just given up. It sucks for people who support her and have donated to her for her to be so selfish.

The "Biden campaign rule" which states when in doubt keep your candidate quiet and let the money do the talking is risky. First you need an unlimited amount of cash to blanket the airwave which the Hobbs campaign appears to have. And it did seem to be working. For much of the year Hobbs was looking good or at least according to the polls.

But..here in AZ the voters want to see a debate. It was a major miscalculation for her to duck Lake.

But again I think her campaign believed with enough money to flood the airwaves it wouldn't matter.

Old 10-18-2022, 11:47 AM

13,441 posts, read 4,282,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
The "Biden campaign rule" which states when in doubt keep your candidate quiet and let the money do the talking is risky. First you need an unlimited amount of cash to blanket the airwave which the Hobbs campaign appears to have. And it did seem to be working. For much of the year Hobbs was looking good or at least according to the polls.

But..here in AZ the voters want to see a debate. It was a major miscalculation for her to duck Lake.

But again I think her campaign believed with enough money to flood the airwaves it wouldn't matter.

Add that Lake turn out to be a good campaigner and she commands the cameras and doesn't look scared in front of the cameras regardless who is asking her questions. Lake will talk to anybody and looks confident. Hobbs doesn't like to be challenge, looks scared and she will only speaks with people that she likes. Another sign of how she would govern.

Hobbs strategy might have work in 2020 because it was a twilight zone year not in 2022 as a Democrat in a red wave year.

The mistake Hobbs and many Democrats also did was ignore or misread the polls of the top issues of voters. The top issues in Arizona are the economy and border. Not "saving democracy" or abortion which is at the bottom of voters or the environment. Especially not in Arizona.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 10-18-2022 at 12:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections