Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2022, 12:00 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
What does she have to do with Arizona? She is from Hawaii I have never heard of the woman before you posted that I can guarantee no one here cares who she is endorsing.

This is like saying Charlie Crist was endorsed by some Republican in Alaska. Reading about her she voted against Trump's impeachment saying that it would only lead to Trump being re-elected loss of Democrat majority. Now she is flipping sides and left the party since she isn't running for office in Hawaii where she would lose.
Tulsi has a way better approval than Liz Cheney and better looking. I will take Tulsi and you campaign with Liz Cheney and good luck. Even Hobbs isn't that stupid to campaign with Liz Cheney.

Add that Lake has famous governors campaigning for her like Ducey, DeSantis and Youngskin. Democrats are running away from Hobbs even Kelly.

I'm looking at the top 2 politicians endorsing Hobbs and it's Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger. No big Democrat is endorsing Hobbs. That says a lot of what they think of Hobbs, not much and dead weight for them.

Old 10-18-2022, 12:10 PM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Add that Lake turn out to be a good campaigner and she commands the camera and doesn't look scared in front of the cameras regardless who is asking her questions. Lake will talk to anybody and looks confident. Hobbs doesn't like to be challenge, looks scared and she will only speak with people that she likes. Another sign of how she would govern.

Hobbs strategy might have work in 2020 because it was a twilight zone year not in 2022 as a Democrat in a red wave year.

The mistake Hobbs and many Democrats also did was ignore or misread the polls of the top issues of voters. The top issues in Arizona are the economy and border. Not "saving democracy" or abortion which is at the bottom of voters or the environment. Especially not in Arizona.
I think the Dem leadership in AZ and the rest of the country is well aware of what is important to voters. And have been for some time. However, they have no answers and to completely recalibrate isn't an option (or at least not until after Nov.)

But what the the Dems do have is money and the backing of many in the MSM to try and change the narrative. To make this Nov. about abortion, the Jan 6 hearings, Maga candidates, Trump ect.

The problem with all that is it doesn't change the fact gas is over $4.50 here in the Phx metro or that shopping for groceries at the local Fry's supermarket expensive.

Old 10-18-2022, 01:45 PM

6,105 posts, read 2,727,097 times
Quote:
What does she have to do with Arizona? She is from Hawaii I have never heard of the woman before you posted that I can guarantee no one here cares who she is endorsing.

This is like saying Charlie Crist was endorsed by some Republican in Alaska. Reading about her she voted against Trump's impeachment saying that it would only lead to Trump being re-elected loss of Democrat majority. Now she is flipping sides and left the party since she isn't running for office in Hawaii where she would lose.
Agreed. Tulsi isn't gonna move the needle much. A lot of Republicans have endorsed Hobbs over the election denying Lake.

But again if she refuses to debate it makes the voters assume she is hiding something and its all for not.

Old 10-18-2022, 01:57 PM

13,278 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Tulsi has a way better approval than Liz Cheney and better looking. I will take Tulsi and you campaign with Liz Cheney and good luck. Even Hobbs isn't that stupid to campaign with Liz Cheney.

Add that Lake has famous governors campaigning for her like Ducey, DeSantis and Youngskin. Democrats are running away from Hobbs even Kelly.

I'm looking at the top 2 politicians endorsing Hobbs and it's Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger. No big Democrat is endorsing Hobbs. That says a lot of what they think of Hobbs, not much and dead weight for them.
Cheney and Kinzinger are way more known then Tulsi because their names are in the media for the last year. You pulling at straws again like you always do.

Old 10-18-2022, 02:26 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,638,098 times
Kari Lake's big lie. Says if elected she's immediately going to cut grocery taxes and rental taxes, plus cut funds for police and the fire dept. She and her rightwing authoritarian attitude would have no authority to do so without first approval from the senate and public voting for it.
https://www.12news.com/article/news/...1-9b5246981706

Old 10-18-2022, 02:49 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
I noticed her speech impediment long ago, and I cringed while watching her today on "Face the Nation". Hard to imagine how Hobbs could advance any further than a typing pool job with the way she speaks, but she was Senate Minority Leader, and then Secretary of State (doesn't make Arizona shine too well on the brightness meter). I'd be embarrassed for us as a state if by chance she would become our next Governor.

Aside from this, Hobbs took a side job driving for Uber while in the Legislature, and didn't report it. Most of us work for a living and know the rules that many employers have: side jobs must be disclosed and approved prior to acceptance. I don't have anything against her for taking a second job, but the fact that she didn't seek approval & got away with it really irritates me. That would be a violation of policy for the rest of us, and we'd either be terminated or severely reprimanded.

Sorry, but this is pure b.s. When you run for a high public office such as Governor, it is expected that you face your opponent, lay out your agenda, state your agreement/disagreement with your opponent on the issues & explain the reasons in detail. Hobbs is AFRAID to debate Lake. Keep in mind that I'm not a supporter of Hobbs nor Lake, but Lake has actually been quite agreeable and easy to deal with. She's very articulate and to the point. Hobbs can't put a coherent sentence together to save herself. She's a coward, pure & simple.
As has been explained, she didn’t abide by the agreed upon rules.

That’s a textbook example of not being agreeable.

Old 10-18-2022, 04:01 PM

8,044 posts, read 12,270,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
The problem with all that is it doesn't change the fact gas is over $4.50 here in the Phx metro
The main reason AZ gas prices are the way they are is: we don't produce our own fuel, and have no refineries. AZ relies on other states for gas supply ... particularly CA, where the cost of production is higher, and refinery malfunctions have been reality lately. Prices across the nation have been higher overall, but we are always above the national average, and of course we notice it more during inflation. Also, Maricopa County requires a special blend of fuel, which adds to the cost even more in metro Phoenix.

None of the two candidates for Governor have mentioned fuel/energy independence & refinery construction so we won't have to depend on other states as much. All they do is play the blame game: it's the Democrats' fault, it's the Republicans' fault, it's the greedy oil companies, it's this, it's that. All talk, but no solutions. I have been beating my chest about obtaining another fuel source & building new, clean, efficient refineries, but it falls on deaf ears, or is balked at. We keep using the same old aging pipelines, and one of them ruptured in 2003. We're facing more problems down the road & getting nowhere if we keep plodding along the same path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
But again if she refuses to debate it makes the voters assume she is hiding something and its all for not.
Hobbs has nothing to hide at this point. Too many things have already been revealed, including her discrimination lawsuits, her refusal to obtain approval for a side job, and how she is too cowardly to debate, answer reporters, or respond to voters' emails.

Old 10-18-2022, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
As has been explained, she didn’t abide by the agreed upon rules.

That’s a textbook example of not being agreeable.

Wrong. You repeat Hobb's campaign propaganda. It doesn't matter, Hobbs refusing to debate helps Lake so let Hobbs continue her horrific campaign. Hobbs the coward already stuck.

Old 10-18-2022, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Cheney and Kinzinger are way more known then Tulsi because their names are in the media for the last year. You pulling at straws again like you always do.
LMAO! Their names are in the media as negative. Hobbs is done if the ONLY 2 top politicians endorsing her are Liz Cheney and Kinzinger. Democrats are really in a bubble or were left out too long under the Arizona sun.

Who would you rather have campaigning for you: Ducey, DeSantis and Youngskin 3 current popular governors or Liz Cheney and Kinginzer 2 losers that their careers are over and the GOP detest? Liz Cheney is hated by both parties.
Admit it and cut your loses. Hobbs is a horrible candidate. I told you think 9 months ago but you are in denial.

Old 10-18-2022, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Kari Lake's big lie. Says if elected she's immediately going to cut grocery taxes and rental taxes, plus cut funds for police and the fire dept. She and her rightwing authoritarian attitude would have no authority to do so without first approval from the senate and public voting for it.
https://www.12news.com/article/news/...1-9b5246981706

Why everything you disagree is a "big lie"? This is an opinion of a reporter. You forgot to mention the part of the article that says: "Hobbs: Plan falls far short". Doesn't make Hobbs a big liar also according to the article?

Who supported Biden forcing drugs on Americans and massive restrictions on Americans and closing schools? Hobbs or Lake? Who is the true authoritarian here? Is not Lake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections