Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2022, 05:16 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
That still doesn't explain why Lake made the decision to ignore the rules agreed on for this event.
Why?

ohh please because Lake wanted to sit on the front row while Hobbs spoke. Why do they need rules about that? Send Lake to bed without cookies and milk. This is how stupid Hobbs and her campaign is.

Hobbs refused to debate in the primaries and now in the general and this event has nothing to do with it. It's more lame excuses to defend her and a bad decision.

Old 10-09-2022, 05:23 PM

7,825 posts, read 4,568,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
ohh please because Lake wanted to sit on the front row while Hobbs spoke. Why do they need rules about that? Send Lake to bed without cookies and milk. This is how stupid Hobbs and her campaign is.

Hobbs refused to debate in the primaries and now in the general and this event has nothing to do with it. It's more lame excuses to defend her and a bad decision.
Both campaigns agreed to it.
One failed to comply.
Why?

Old 10-09-2022, 05:25 PM

8,044 posts, read 12,270,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Hobbs sucks. This is over! No wonder she wants NO debate. She can't speak in an easy soft ball interview 1 one 1 when the interviewer is putting a lay up question for her to knock it out of the park and this is How bad she is . Listen how many times she says "Uh, uh, uh, um, uh . . .". Not even in my Spanish class in High School did the "D" rock students said so many ""Uh, uh, uh, um, uh . . ."." under 2 minutes. She is done. This is how her brains works. "Uh, uh, uh, um, uh . . ." Harris school of public speaking.
I noticed her speech impediment long ago, and I cringed while watching her today on "Face the Nation". Hard to imagine how Hobbs could advance any further than a typing pool job with the way she speaks, but she was Senate Minority Leader, and then Secretary of State (doesn't make Arizona shine too well on the brightness meter). I'd be embarrassed for us as a state if by chance she would become our next Governor.

Aside from this, Hobbs took a side job driving for Uber while in the Legislature, and didn't report it. Most of us work for a living and know the rules that many employers have: side jobs must be disclosed and approved prior to acceptance. I don't have anything against her for taking a second job, but the fact that she didn't seek approval & got away with it really irritates me. That would be a violation of policy for the rest of us, and we'd either be terminated or severely reprimanded.

Quote:
You folks want to know why Hobbs won't debate Lake? Because it couldn't be more clear that Lake can't be at all trusted to adhere to mutually agreed upon ground rules. Period. As to what Arizonans think of the debate kerfuffle? I can only speak for myself but as a voting resident of Arizona I'm completely fine with Hobbs decision to not participate in a one-on-one with Lake as I am with, say a high school football team refusing to play another team that has been found cheating. If your opponent can not follow mutually agreed upon rules then you are not under any obligation to continue participating nor under any obligation to explain why.
Sorry, but this is pure b.s. When you run for a high public office such as Governor, it is expected that you face your opponent, lay out your agenda, state your agreement/disagreement with your opponent on the issues & explain the reasons in detail. Hobbs is AFRAID to debate Lake. Keep in mind that I'm not a supporter of Hobbs nor Lake, but Lake has actually been quite agreeable and easy to deal with. She's very articulate and to the point. Hobbs can't put a coherent sentence together to save herself. She's a coward, pure & simple.

Old 10-09-2022, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Both campaigns agreed to it.
One failed to comply.
Why?
You are basing this on liberal reporting and taking the opinions of 2 Democrats in the event and making a national crisis about nothing.

key points from the liberal report: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...tage-rcna51347

Neither Gonzales nor Garcia (2 Democrats that made the crisis) negotiated the town hall’s terms with the campaigns and referred related questions to the event’s cosponsors at the state and national Hispanic Chambers of Commerce.
Those organizations declined to comment, as did Univision. Another person, who was not authorized to speak on the record about the event confirmed Garcia’s account of the incident. (another Democrat)

The Hobbs campaign provided a pre-event email from the organizers that said “each candidate will have their own separate green room to prep and hold prior to going onto the main stage.”

The Lake campaign said it did not receive the email and that the language about the hold room read like an offered amenity, not a demand she remain sequestered. The organizations that set this up and Univision declined to back the claim. This shows how weak Hobbs and her camp is.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 10-09-2022 at 05:44 PM..

Old 10-09-2022, 05:41 PM

6,105 posts, read 2,727,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
I noticed her speech impediment long ago, and I cringed while watching her today on "Face the Nation". Hard to imagine how Hobbs could advance any further than a typing pool job with the way she speaks, but she was Senate Minority Leader, and then Secretary of State (doesn't make Arizona shine too well on the brightness meter). I'd be embarrassed for us as a state if by chance she would become our next Governor.

Aside from this, Hobbs took a side job driving for Uber while in the Legislature, and didn't report it. Most of us work for a living and know the rules that many employers have: side jobs must be disclosed and approved prior to acceptance. I don't have anything against her for taking a second job, but the fact that she didn't seek approval & got away with it really irritates me. That would be a violation of policy for the rest of us, and we'd either be terminated or severely reprimanded.

Sorry, but this is pure b.s. When you run for a high public office such as Governor, it is expected that you face your opponent, lay out your agenda, state your agreement/disagreement with your opponent on the issues & explain the reasons in detail. Hobbs is AFRAID to debate Lake. Keep in mind that I'm not a supporter of Hobbs nor Lake, but Lake has actually been quite agreeable and easy to deal with. She's very articulate and to the point. Hobbs can't put a coherent sentence together to save herself. She's a coward, pure & simple.
Yeah, there is no excuse to not debate your opponent. It would be one thing if lake was so low in the polls it wouldn't be worth her time.

But she is neck and neck with her. Hobbs is toast if she continues down this road of I'm too good to debate blah blah. Oh well.

Old 10-09-2022, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Yeah, there is no excuse to not debate your opponent. It would be one thing if lake was so low in the polls it wouldn't be worth her time.

But she is neck and neck with her. Hobbs is toast if she continues down this road of I'm too good to debate blah blah. Oh well.

She is done. When Lake goes to the debate this week and Hobbs is a no show and she has the stage by herself it will be over. I never seen a governor's race that one of the main candidate refuses to debate or be challenged. They are making Fetterman debate and he had a stroke. That's how bad Hobbs looks.

I mean candidates will fight to be in a debate to be seen and be heard by many voters as possible especially the 3rd parties and independent candidates except Hobbs. Weird.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 10-09-2022 at 06:33 PM..

Old 10-11-2022, 02:38 PM

13,281 posts, read 7,321,255 times
If Robson had won the primary likely Hobbs would be trailing by 10%. Lake says she would refuse to certify an election after going through the legal process of certification. That is a problem for a lot of people it's not her right if she were Governor to unilaterally decide who this state votes for in a presidential election. We have laws, and a process to challenge those elections in courts. When that process has been completed the Governor certifies the results they don't get to overturn the voters of Arizona because she wants her guy to win.

Old 10-11-2022, 02:44 PM

6,105 posts, read 2,727,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
If Robson had won the primary likely Hobbs would be trailing by 10%. Lake says she would refuse to certify an election after going through the legal process of certification. That is a problem for a lot of people it's not her right if she were Governor to unilaterally decide who this state votes for in a presidential election. We have laws, and a process to challenge those elections in courts. When that process has been completed the Governor certifies the results they don't get to overturn the voters of Arizona because she wants her guy to win.
If Crazy Lake gets into office she will be a shill for Trump if he decides to run. And we will be dealing with the same nonsense as we did in 2020 except this time he will have a complicit MAGA who will do his bidding.

Old 10-11-2022, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Again, if you think that is the #1 issue for Arizonans over the border, inflation, jobs and education and Biden's fail policies then you are very clueless why Hobbs is going to lose and your priorities are all messed up. Hobbs is NOT going to beat Lake with that lame b.s. That's why she refuses to debate because Lake will eat her up on stage.

Robson never led in the polls in the primary but according to you she would lead by 10% in the general????? When during her campaign for the Republican primary nomination, Taylor Robson refused to say whether, if she had been governor, she would have certified the results. She questioned the legitimacy of the election,asserting that "the elections weren't fair" and that "our election was absolutely not fair." During her campaign, Taylor Robson said that she would enforce Arizona pre-Roe abortuon ban , which would criminalize the action in most circumstances.

So No, Robson wouldn't be 10 points up. Lake is a better candidate than Robson and Hobbs because she has command when she speaks and she defends her attacks and is sure what she believes even if you disagree with 1 topic or 2. That's a lot better than Valley Girl on weed voice of a lot of "uh hmm, uh hmmm, uh, hmmm, uh hmmm" from Hobbs trying to search for the programmed answers and looks clueless as hell.

Go ahead with the plan that Lake is crazy and don't debate. When Hobbs loses and she will, your posts will age so well and I will have bragging rights over your forever since you are so wrong while ignoring the top issues of the people.

This is over, Hobbs is done and by refusing to debate that was the nail in the coffin. After watching her on CBS last weekend now everybody knows why. "uh hmmm, uh hmmm, uh hmmmmm, uh hmmmm" She shouldn't be governor but given a desk at the DMV or at a pre school. Democrats are finally admitting she is bad.

Old 10-11-2022, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
If Crazy Lake gets into office she will be a shill for Trump if he decides to run. And we will be dealing with the same nonsense as we did in 2020 except this time he will have a complicit MAGA who will do his bidding.

So the hack that can't debate and says a lot of "uh hmmm, uh hmmm, uh hmmm, uh hmmm" in the easiest and lay up questions that wants open borders and is fine with abortions on demand up to the 9th month is the "sane" one? LMAO!

What a campaign plan, call your opponent crazy, refuse to debate and hide in the basement. I wonder how much money her staff is getting for that smart idea. Imagine what they would do in office.

After Hobbs loses, I hope campaign strategists write books in what NOT to do in a campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections