Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 04:16 PM

13,281 posts, read 7,321,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Again, if you think that is the #1 issue for Arizonans over the border, inflation, jobs and education and Biden's fail policies then you are very clueless why Hobbs is going to lose and your priorities are all messed up. Hobbs is NOT going to beat Lake with that lame b.s. That's why she refuses to debate because Lake will eat her up on stage.

Robson never led in the polls in the primary but according to you she would lead by 10% in the general????? When during her campaign for the Republican primary nomination, Taylor Robson refused to say whether, if she had been governor, she would have certified the results. She questioned the legitimacy of the election,asserting that "the elections weren't fair" and that "our election was absolutely not fair." During her campaign, Taylor Robson said that she would enforce Arizona pre-Roe abortuon ban , which would criminalize the action in most circumstances.

So No, Robson wouldn't be 10 points up. Lake is a better candidate than Robson and Hobbs because she has command when she speaks and she defends her attacks and is sure what she believes even if you disagree with 1 topic or 2. That's a lot better than Valley Girl on weed voice of a lot of "uh hmm, uh hmmm, uh, hmmm, uh hmmm" from Hobbs trying to search for the programmed answers and looks clueless as hell.

Go ahead with the plan that Lake is crazy and don't debate. When Hobbs loses and she will, your posts will age so well and I will have bragging rights over your forever since you are so wrong while ignoring the top issues of the people.

This is over, Hobbs is done and by refusing to debate that was the nail in the coffin. After watching her on CBS last weekend now everybody knows why. "uh hmmm, uh hmmm, uh hmmmmm, uh hmmmm" She shouldn't be governor but given a desk at the DMV or at a pre school. Democrats are finally admitting she is bad.

I'm not defending Hobbs I said it was a mistake not to debate. Hobbs is staying in the margin of polling so she is far from being easily defeated by a republican which is not normal for this state. Just look at the polling Ducey had in 2018 over a democrat.

Old 10-11-2022, 05:20 PM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I'm not defending Hobbs I said it was a mistake not to debate. Hobbs is staying in the margin of polling so she is far from being easily defeated by a republican which is not normal for this state. Just look at the polling Ducey had in 2018 over a democrat.
Since 2020 I believe roughly 26% of those moving here were from Southern Cal. And Phoenix in 2021 was the second fastest growing city in the US (San Antonio #1)

My feeling is AZ today is a solid purple state. However, it will go red in 2022 largely because of economic worries and the rising cost of gas.

Old 10-11-2022, 05:36 PM

3,282 posts, read 1,419,655 times
Quote:
So the hack that can't debate and says a lot of "uh hmmm, uh hmmm, uh hmmm, uh hmmm" in the easiest and lay up questions that wants open borders and is fine with abortions on demand up to the 9th month is the "sane" one? LMAO!

What a campaign plan, call your opponent crazy, refuse to debate and hide in the basement. I wonder how much money her staff is getting for that smart idea. Imagine what they would do in office.

After Hobbs loses, I hope campaign strategists write books in what NOT to do in a campaign.
I was looking at 538….nearly all of the polls show the race is quite close, but most show Hobbs is currently favored to win. Those polls may or may not be right, but given the Republican leanings of the state, and Lake’s likely brash/over the top MAGA behavior at any televised debate, I can see where Hobbs may believe that such an event will change few minds (the voters are already polarized). More so, Hobbs may believe the debate will only serve to energize the MAGA base, so her campaign’s thinking maybe to do the best to limit any attention Lake gets.

I tend to think in a race this close Hobb’s is making a mistake by not debating Lake. But I really don’t think she is “afraid” of debating Lake in the sense she feels like she would be out matched; I think it is more of a strategic decision…little for her to gain, and offers Lake a platform to create visibility, energize her base, etc.

Old 10-11-2022, 05:47 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:

Is not a "mistake". This is planned to hide the fact that Hobbs is way out of her league and can't speak with commanding authority especially in a debate where her opponent will challenge her in front of the cameras and an opponent that can defend any attack especially the 2020 elections and Hobbs' people know this. Lake make career reporters look like amateurs when they try to trap her with the 2020 election, imagine what she would do to Hobbs. It wouldn't even be fair if you ask me.

This will be like the movie Rockie, "Throw the towel!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfAYz6p-mlw

This reminds of a defense lawyer not putting his client on the stand (debate) and taking his chances with the jury (voters) because he knows his client is awful on the stand. That says more about Hobbs the candidate than anything else because she did the same thing in the primary against Lopez. She was a NO show in the only debate.

My point is that don't repeat the lie that to beat Lake is by calling her crazy and not debating her and making the #1 priority the 2020 election. That is not how you beat Lake.

Taylor Robson is to the right of Lake on abortions and she did question the 2020 elections, so I really doubt she would be 10 points up. She is NO Lake in taking command of the mic and cameras.

Old 10-11-2022, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
I was looking at 538….nearly all of the polls show the race is quite close, but most show Hobbs is currently favored to win. Those polls may or may not be right, but given the Republican leanings of the state, and Lake’s likely brash/over the top MAGA behavior at any televised debate, I can see where Hobbs may believe that such an event will change few minds (the voters are already polarized). More so, Hobbs may believe the debate will only serve to energize the MAGA base, so her campaign’s thinking maybe to do the best to limit any attention Lake gets.

I tend to think in a race this close Hobb’s is making a mistake by not debating Lake. But I really don’t think she is “afraid” of debating Lake in the sense she feels like she would be out matched; I think it is more of a strategic decision…little for her to gain, and offers Lake a platform to create visibility, energize her base, etc.

Well, RCP average as Lake 48% Hobbs 46.8% and RCP prediction:GOP hold and that's adding CNN bogus poll of Hobbs by 3% in the average. I will wait for Trafalgar poll come out with their latest poll that had Lake by 4% in mid September. I'm guessing with Hobbs refusing to debate Lake will keep that lead or expand.

I disagree with your reason of Hobbs not debating because Hobbs did the same thing in the 2022 Democrat primary against Lopez. This is a lay up, same party. She was a no show. I think she is a dud at this stage and a bad candidate and bad speaker. She has no command. She says a lot of "uh hmmm, uh hmmm, uh hmmm, uh hmmm" in the easiest soft ball interviews. I swear, she sounds like a teenager on the beach. I don't think she can handle a debate where she will be challenge. Lopez was going to challenge her head on over the border and she was a NO show.

I have never seen a candidate for Governor, Senate, President or VP that refuses to debate. Except Hobbs. Serious candidates want more exposure because running ads is very expensive and they can't be everywhere at the same time so they want debates and free air time. Hobbs said on CBS she is too busy. Does she wants to lose?

Old 10-11-2022, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Is not a "mistake". This is planned to hide the fact that Hobbs is way out of her league and can't speak with commanding authority especially in a debate where her opponent will challenge her in front of the cameras and an opponent that can defend any attack especially the 2020 elections and Hobbs' people know this. Lake make career reporters look like amateurs when they try to trap her with the 2020 election, imagine what she would do to Hobbs. It wouldn't even be fair if you ask me.

This will be like the movie Rockie, "Throw the towel!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfAYz6p-mlw

This reminds of a defense lawyer not putting his client on the stand (debate) and taking his chances with the jury (voters) because he knows his client is awful on the stand. That says more about Hobbs the candidate than anything else because she did the same thing in the primary against Lopez. She was a NO show in the only debate.

My point is that don't repeat the lie that to beat Lake is by calling her crazy and not debating her and making the #1 priority the 2020 election. That is not how you beat Lake.

Taylor Robson is to the right of Lake on abortions and she did question the 2020 elections, so I really doubt she would be 10 points up. She is NO Lake in taking command of the mic and cameras.
Your opinion I get a vote in this you don't.

Old 10-11-2022, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Your opinion I get a vote in this you don't.

Yes you do and I hope is 1 time. Of all the issues in Arizona, it cracks me up that the only thing you attack Lake is for the 2020 election and ignore the real topics. It shows me the Democrat party is really in trouble.

Old 10-11-2022, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Yes you do and I hope is 1 time. Of all the issues in Arizona, it cracks me up that the only thing you attack Lake is for the 2020 election and ignore the real topics. It shows me the Democrat party is really in trouble.
Your good with overturning an election not surprised.

Old 10-11-2022, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Your good with overturning an election not surprised.
No, I would let the system sort it out even if you disagree with the process but for you to say that is the #1 issue or top 5 issue for Arizonans in the midterms is 2020 election during a pandemic says a lot about you. Your party has nothing.

If you think that calling your opponent crazy and 2020 hysteria that's all it will take to beat Lake then you are really drinking the left kool aid. Don't forget to vote because Hobbs will need all the votes she can get.

Old 10-11-2022, 09:04 PM

31,074 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Hobb's is weak and Afraid like Mouse. Lake is Fierce and Determined like Lion
Hobb's will follow whatever Humpty Biden and his Leftist handlers tell him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections