Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 10:04 PM

3,254 posts, read 1,409,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Well, RCP average as Lake 48% Hobbs 46.8% and RCP prediction:GOP hold and that's adding CNN bogus poll of Hobbs by 3% in the average. I will wait for Trafalgar poll come out with their latest poll that had Lake by 4% in mid September. I'm guessing with Hobbs refusing to debate Lake will keep that lead or expand.

I disagree with your reason of Hobbs not debating because Hobbs did the same thing in the 2022 Democrat primary against Lopez. This is a lay up, same party. She was a no show. I think she is a dud at this stage and a bad candidate and bad speaker. She has no command. She says a lot of "uh hmmm, uh hmmm, uh hmmm, uh hmmm" in the easiest soft ball interviews. I swear, she sounds like a teenager on the beach. I don't think she can handle a debate where she will be challenge. Lopez was going to challenge her head on over the border and she was a NO show.

I have never seen a candidate for Governor, Senate, President or VP that refuses to debate. Except Hobbs. Serious candidates want more exposure because running ads is very expensive and they can't be everywhere at the same time so they want debates and free air time. Hobbs said on CBS she is too busy. Does she wants to lose?
It’s all speculation on my part for sure. Regardless of the reason, we will find out what the voters think in early November.

Old 10-11-2022, 10:10 PM

3,254 posts, read 1,409,475 times
Quote:
Yes you do and I hope is 1 time. Of all the issues in Arizona, it cracks me up that the only thing you attack Lake is for the 2020 election and ignore the real topics. It shows me the Democrat party is really in trouble.
I dunno. Seems like her position on the 2020 election is pretty relevant…I mean she has certainly used her belief as a means to garner support with the MAGA voters. And beyond her raising the issue, it’s pretty relevant, particularly as it may be a predictor of her actions in 2024 if elected.

Old 10-11-2022, 10:10 PM

13,438 posts, read 4,282,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
It’s all speculation on my part for sure. Regardless of the reason, we will find out what the voters think in early November.

If Hobbs pulls the win then the new campaigning will take over. Don't debate, spend mad in ads and hide in the basement. The bar will be lowered and anybody can run.

Old 10-11-2022, 10:15 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,254,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I'm not defending Hobbs I said it was a mistake not to debate. Hobbs is staying in the margin of polling so she is far from being easily defeated by a republican which is not normal for this state. Just look at the polling Ducey had in 2018 over a democrat.
Hobbs has too much going against her at this point, and it's not just the refusal to debate. She took a second job while in the Legislature & didn't have it approved prior to accepting the job. That's a clear violation of policy. Many employers have the same requirement of their employees obtaining clearance before taking a second job. This is largely to prevent conflict with possible competitors. Hobbs didn't follow the rules & became Secretary of State. Now she wants to be Governor. Guess what would happen to most everybody else in that same situation. Yep, they'd be fired, or heavily reprimanded at the least.

I also wrote extensive emails to both the Hobbs and Lake campaigns in August, addressing important issues which have rarely been spoken about. The Hobbs campaign never responded! The Lake campaign provided a few vague answers, which didn't leave a very good impression, but at least they replied. I'm not supporting Lake nor Hobbs, but I'm more convinced now that Lake would be the lesser of the evils despite some strong disagreements I have with her on certain issues. Hobbs can't even speak coherently, and she would be more of an embarrassment to the state.

Old 10-11-2022, 10:19 PM

6,097 posts, read 2,717,141 times
Quote:
If Hobbs pulls the win then the new campaigning will take over. Don't debate, spend mad in ads and hide in the basement. The bar will be lowered and anybody can run.
If Hobbs wins I'll know AZ isn't bat S*** crazy. Even though Hobbs wouldn't be my first choice or my second better than the election-denying nut job lake.

The one who said she would not certify the election if she was governor someone who doesn't believe in our election system here in AZ should not be running this state.

Old 10-11-2022, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
I dunno. Seems like her position on the 2020 election is pretty relevant…I mean she has certainly used her belief as a means to garner support with the MAGA voters. And beyond her raising the issue, it’s pretty relevant, particularly as it may be a predictor of her actions in 2024 if elected.

She has a bigger platform more than irregularities in 2020 election and Hobbs was part of the problem. Of course she will attack the system and Hobbs. Hobbs is secretary of State. That's one of the angles to attack Hobbs. Lake is not running that Hobbs did a good job. She will go after Hobbs and her record in the state government and that includes losing 2 times a lawsuit for discrimination in court.

The border, inflation, education, taxes and vaccine mandates are pretty solid issues for Lake. Hobbs made a huge mistake by saying she supports abortions on demand all the way to the 9th month when that isn't mainstream. Even the pro choice folks will say " hold up". She gave away the only card she had an advantage and made it a wash with Lake. It would have come out in the debate but CBS cornered her last Sunday and her answer was not good.

Lake has big guns campaigning for her like Trump, DeSantis, Ducey, Youngkin and the list is long. When Ducey, Youngskin and DeSantis come to bat for you, you are in a very good spot because all 3 are supported in Arizona. Lake only has to close her campaign with Ducey, DeSantis and Youngskin behind her and she has it.

Hobbs has Liz Cheney and Adam Kinginzer (both are not even Democrats) and very unpopular with the GOP. No Obama, No Biden (I don't blame her for keeping a distance) No Kamala, No Hillary Clinton and even the Democrat primary challenger Lopez won't campaign for her. They believe she is weak.

This is over in my opinion.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 10-11-2022 at 10:44 PM..

Old 10-11-2022, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
If Hobbs wins I'll know AZ isn't bat S*** crazy. Even though Hobbs wouldn't be my first choice or my second better than the election-denying nut job lake.

The one who said she would not certify the election if she was governor someone who doesn't believe in our election system here in AZ should not be running this state.
You would have 1 point out of many others issues if Biden/Kamala are popular in Arizona but they are not. I don't know who is less popular in Arizona today, Biden or Sinema. It's a toss up but I go with Biden.

Attacking Lake for the 2020 election is like Republicans running on the Russian hoax in 2022 when that is not even top 10 issue in the general. Again, if you think Hobbs can win by calling Lake crazy, refusing to debate and hide in the basement it shows how out of touch the left is.

It's funny how the crazy label on Lake isn't sticking. If somebody is crazy and extreme, you as an opponent would want as many debates as possible to expose how crazy she is but Hobbs is the one hiding. Interesting huh?

Old 10-11-2022, 10:46 PM

6,097 posts, read 2,717,141 times
Quote:
You would have 1 point out of many others issues if Biden/Kamala are popular in Arizona but they are not. I don't know who is less popular in Arizona today, Biden or Sinema. It's a toss up but I go with Biden.

Attacking Lake for the 2020 election is like Republicans running on the Russian hoax in 2022 when that is not even top 10 issue in the general. Again, if you think Hobbs can win by calling Lake crazy, refusing to debate and hide in the basement it shows how out of touch the left is.

It's funny how the crazy label on Lake isn't sticking. If somebody is crazy and extreme, you as an opponent would want as many debates as possible to expose how crazy she is but Hobbs is the one hiding. Interesting huh?
Before you start accusing me of being a Dem/liberal I voted for Ducey twice. And would probably have voted for Robinson over Hobbs and maybe even Lake if she didn't start squawking about the election being rigged.

If Lake loses that will be her downfall in my opinion.

Old 10-11-2022, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Hobbs has too much going against her at this point, and it's not just the refusal to debate. She took a second job while in the Legislature & didn't have it approved prior to accepting the job. That's a clear violation of policy. Many employers have the same requirement of their employees obtaining clearance before taking a second job. This is largely to prevent conflict with possible competitors. Hobbs didn't follow the rules & became Secretary of State. Now she wants to be Governor. Guess what would happen to most everybody else in that same situation. Yep, they'd be fired, or heavily reprimanded at the least.

I also wrote extensive emails to both the Hobbs and Lake campaigns in August, addressing important issues which have rarely been spoken about. The Hobbs campaign never responded! The Lake campaign provided a few vague answers, which didn't leave a very good impression, but at least they replied. I'm not supporting Lake nor Hobbs, but I'm more convinced now that Lake would be the lesser of the evils despite some strong disagreements I have with her on certain issues. Hobbs can't even speak coherently, and she would be more of an embarrassment to the state.
Add the lawsuit she lost twice for discrimination. That's huge for somebody who wants to run a state. People that lose lawsuits for discrimination/racism don't get a promotion.

Old 10-11-2022, 10:51 PM

13,238 posts, read 7,286,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post

Honestly no one cares that she used her personal car to drive people around as a uber driver. If she took a job as an executive at Uber that would probalby be something might raise an eyebrow. State legislature in AZ is full of scammers. I remember that propane F-150 scam the state legislator had his brother installing those on ford pickups while taxpayers paid for it.

Then there is the 2013 law allowed the police to repossess cars if a lender called it in as stolen you might think what is the big deal. The big deal is the House speaker Jim Weiers who passed the law happens to be President of an auto finance company. Conflict of interest is not only common it's everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.