Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2022, 10:47 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
I’m curious. In the event Lake loses, what are you going to say happened?

Depends of the facts. It's like you asking me, "If I'm found dead what are you going to say it happened?". That's a loaded question looking in the future.

But if Hobbs wins, then she is a hell of a candidate and the future of the Democrat Party.

Old 10-12-2022, 10:53 AM

4,661 posts, read 1,953,608 times
Hobbs is pulling a Biden, hide in the cellar and dont put yourself or your views into the limelight. It's the only thing you can do when you know you dont have the ability to intelligently debate and your policies cannot stand the light of being exposed to the general public. Much easier to stand behind attack ads on your opponent and call them names instead of actually defending your policies/views.

Old 10-12-2022, 11:05 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
How many of our past President's didn't have debating skills, and were honorable President's, or Governors?

In world of politics, the best liar always will be the winner, and debate venues are a great way to be winners!

I can't imagine myself, in front of a television, with millions watching, debating even a dog, I'd be so scared I wouldn't be able to even get one word out of my mouth.

Old 10-12-2022, 11:08 AM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
Hobbs is pulling a Biden, hide in the cellar and dont put yourself or your views into the limelight. It's the only thing you can do when you know you dont have the ability to intelligently debate and your policies cannot stand the light of being exposed to the general public. Much easier to stand behind attack ads on your opponent and call them names instead of actually defending your policies/views.

But only if you have the money and apparently Hobbs does. As does Kelly. Both appear to have a bottomless war chest.

Here in AZ it doesn't matter what I'm watching: local news, cable, Roku TV or a youtube channel.

Within 30 minutes of watching TV during the evening I'll usually see one Hobbs and/ or Kelly attack ad.

Old 10-12-2022, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
How many of our past President's didn't have debating skills, and were honorable President's, or Governors?

In world of politics, the best liar always will be the winner, and debate venues are a great way to be winners!

I can't imagine myself, in front of a television, with millions watching, debating even a dog, I'd be so scared I wouldn't be able to even get one word out of my mouth.
Is that how you are going to excuse your vote for Hobbs? You need communication skills if you are running for governor or how else you are going to communicate to the public your agenda while in office and how are you going to communicate when you get challenge on the camera. She is running for governor of a state and represents all the people and all the businesses in the state. If you are scared of the people you are representing and communicating clearly your agenda everyday you are at the job then Hobbs shouldn't be governor. Not a job for her.

What you are saying is, the governor doesn't have to explain clearly their positions or be challenge. As long that she is from my party and has a big war chest. Got it!

Old 10-12-2022, 11:23 AM

2,774 posts, read 5,728,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post

There's a clip floating around from I think 10/8 where Hobbs is asked what she has learned from the Latino community. It makes it pretty clear why she won't debate.

Old 10-12-2022, 11:28 AM

44,633 posts, read 61,638,098 times
Kari Lake is a far out right wing flake, who'd want to debate such a flake.

Old 10-12-2022, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Kari Lake is a far out right wing flake, who'd want to debate such a flake.
a serious candidate that can speak clearly and debate to the state and have a deep vocabulary more than "uh hmmm, uh hmmm, uh hmmm, uh hmmm" and don't sound like a giggling teenager high on weed.

Maybe Carter and Mondale should have done the same thing with Reagan. Dole with Clinton and McCain and Romney with Obama. "They can speak in public very well and We suck, so let's skip the debates and just call them flakes and run attack ads"

Old 10-12-2022, 11:38 AM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
There's a clip floating around from I think 10/8 where Hobbs is asked what she has learned from the Latino community. It makes it pretty clear why she won't debate.

She's relying on money and endless political ads to get her across the finish line.

One reason I do not support ballot harvesting is I suspect those who don't care about an election will happily accept a $300 gift card in exchange for help filling out/submitting their ballot. Forget spending millions and millions on advertising. Just offer a gift card and buy the votes.

Last edited by john3232; 10-12-2022 at 11:52 AM..

Old 10-12-2022, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post

There are many clips of Hobbs sounding like a giggling clueless teenager that has very limited speaking skills and makes NO sense. "uh uh uh uh uh, hmmm hmmm, uh, uh, uh"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9h3PVuMo4k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections