Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2022, 10:24 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,256,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
I think Hobbs is trying to sabotage her campaign by not debating. I don't think she really wants to be Governor.

Very sketchy just my opinion.
Seems that way, but it's rather odd at the same time. Does this mean she's secretly supporting Kari Lake? And what will she do if or when she loses the race? There will be a new Secretary of State, so she'll essentially be unemployed. Maybe she can go into acting, and do a reboot of the "Valley Girl" movie. She would be a perfect fit. Uhm, like totally.

Old 10-13-2022, 10:35 PM

6,097 posts, read 2,717,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Seems that way, but it's rather odd at the same time. Does this mean she's secretly supporting Kari Lake? And what will she do if or when she loses the race? There will be a new Secretary of State, so she'll essentially be unemployed. Maybe she can go into acting, and do a reboot of the "Valley Girl" movie. She would be a perfect fit. Uhm, like totally.
She can do Uber full time I guess. She's becoming an embarsiment to all those people who support and donate to her.

I was rooting for her at first but I've come to a conclusion crazy Lake will be our next governor cause um um um is being dum dum dum.

Old 10-13-2022, 11:02 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,722,192 times
Quote:
I think Hobbs is trying to sabotage her campaign by not debating. I don't think she really wants to be Governor.

Very sketchy just my opinion.
This video might be proof of self sabotage AND her reason for not wanting to debate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mikeG_B9eQ

Old 10-13-2022, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
This video might be proof of self sabotage AND her reason for not wanting to debate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mikeG_B9eQ
Ugh, that was revolting to watch.

Old 10-13-2022, 11:40 PM

13,441 posts, read 4,282,506 times
You can work with poor debaters in a campaign. W Bush was awful speaker during the 2000 election and he did 2 big debates and did well because he came out likeable. I guess the Hobbs campaign can't work with her because her personality is the problem. All they have to do is make her likeable and not the smartest person in the room.

You would think that she had ambitions to run for governor since 2018 when she won secretary of state and had plenty of time to prepare for at least 1 debate and be comfortable speaking in public.

She is done. Unless Lake messes up big time in the next 3 weeks, Lake will be the governor. The Democrat party in Arizona will study this in the party why it took them 4 years to figure out Hobbs is a weak candidate.

It's their fault for letting her slide by in the Democratic primaries and letting her be a NO show for 1 even debate. They should have had at least 2 or 3 to give the candidates practice for the general. It sure isn't helping Hobbs now.

Old 10-14-2022, 05:42 AM

13,238 posts, read 7,286,273 times
Quote:
She can do Uber full time I guess. She's becoming an embarsiment to all those people who support and donate to her.

I was rooting for her at first but I've come to a conclusion crazy Lake will be our next governor cause um um um is being dum dum dum.
Were left with 2 idiots to vote for but I won't vote for someone who already said she will overturn an election. Rather have um um um then someone who plans on taking voting back to 1890.

Old 10-14-2022, 10:23 AM

13,441 posts, read 4,282,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Were left with 2 idiots to vote for but I won't vote for someone who already said she will overturn an election. Rather have um um um then someone who plans on taking voting back to 1890.

LOL. Why won't you come out say you are a full partisan Democrat and stop saying you are not a democrat jive. You will vote for Hobbs no matter what. Hobbs can butcher a baby in her womb up to the 9th month up at the Arizona Capitol and you will still vote for her. She can fire illegally black people because of her racism and you still vote for her.

You know Democrats are in trouble when the only issue they bring up against Lake is the 2020 election and saving "democracy" when time after time the voters of Arizona have said what are their issues and Hobbs and democrats are ignoring them.

Old 10-14-2022, 11:53 AM

1,740 posts, read 957,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Kari Lake is a far out right wing flake, who'd want to debate such a flake.
All the more reason Hobbs should debate her. If you think your opponent is a flake, a nut, crazy, extreme, dangerous……don’t you owe it to the voters to debate and expose your opponent as being unworthy?

Old 10-14-2022, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
All the more reason Hobbs should debate her. If you think your opponent is a flake, a nut, crazy, extreme, dangerous……don’t you owe it to the voters to debate and expose your opponent as being unworthy?
Exactly, makes no sense.

Old 10-14-2022, 12:05 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,722,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
This is what Mark Kelly did. It wasn't a slam dunk and it may have even helped Masters, but at least he had the stomach to face his opponent head on.
With Hobbs it's been a strategy from day 1. If she wins it was a good strategy, if she loses it was a bad one.
Either way, voters lose out.
No debates is a bad trend IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections