Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2022, 02:53 PM

6,011 posts, read 2,832,710 times

Advertisements

Click image for larger version

Name:	FeWiGdpUoAAyhrJ.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	603.2 KB
ID:	239671

It has been said, "A picture speaks a thousand words".

I am curious as to what Arizonans think of Ms. Hobbs' refusal to debate Ms. Lake, given that this race is competitive and Ms. Lake has only a small lead in polling. What logical explanations can explain this? Will this make anyone reconsider their vote? For those who plan to vote for Ms. Hobbs, does this make you less enthusiastic?

Old 10-06-2022, 07:30 PM

13,238 posts, read 7,290,839 times
I think it was a mistake for her not to debate but I wonder why in such a close race. Maybe her debating skills are not good Mark Kelly is going to debate. He is really skilled at debating I doubt he will have any problem handling Masters.

Old 10-06-2022, 07:46 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,256,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post

I am curious as to what Arizonans think of Ms. Hobbs' refusal to debate Ms. Lake, given that this race is competitive and Ms. Lake has only a small lead in polling. What logical explanations can explain this? Will this make anyone reconsider their vote? For those who plan to vote for Ms. Hobbs, does this make you less enthusiastic?
Hobbs is a coward, and purely stupid for refusing to debate. This alone is hurting her chances. I'm not voting for either candidate, but I'm much less likely to support Hobbs after her copping out of facing Kari Lake. Just because Hobbs is Secretary of State doesn't make her instantly qualified to be Arizona's next Governor. All the candidates need to prove themselves, and Hobbs has not done this as far as I'm concerned.

Old 10-06-2022, 08:55 PM

13,690 posts, read 7,976,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Hobbs is a coward, and purely stupid for refusing to debate. This alone is hurting her chances. I'm not voting for either candidate, but I'm much less likely to support Hobbs after her copping out of facing Kari Lake. Just because Hobbs is Secretary of State doesn't make her instantly qualified to be Arizona's next Governor. All the candidates need to prove themselves, and Hobbs has not done this as far as I'm concerned.
Why would she run if she didn't plan to debate? Her refusal appears to have seriously hurt her campaign.

Old 10-09-2022, 03:05 PM

6,097 posts, read 2,717,141 times
I'm also perplexed why she will not debate Lake. I get its easy to write Lake off as a nut but the fact she is 50-50 with Hobbs is scary.

If I were Hobbs I'd debate her or else don't be surprised if lake wins.

Old 10-09-2022, 04:42 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,562,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Attachment 239671

You are aware that Lake's campaign agreed to this appearance. What you're leaving out of your narrative is as part of that agreement that each candidate was asked to remain in the venue's green rooms until they were called to take stage.

Lake purposely did not follow the agreement. She left the holding area prior to Hobbs taking stage and took a seat in the front row of the auditorium. She then addressed the audience (again, against the agreed upon conditions) ranting that the event should have both candidates appear simultaneously. The event sponsors were force to stop the event and confront Lake that she needed to leave the audience area and return to the green room as agreed upon. After some words, she was eventually persuaded to leave the room so the event could go on as intended.

You folks want to know why Hobbs won't debate Lake? Because it couldn't be more clear that Lake can't be at all trusted to adhere to mutually agreed upon ground rules. Period. As to what Arizonans think of the debate kerfuffle? I can only speak for myself but as a voting resident of Arizona I'm completely fine with Hobbs decision to not participate in a one-on-one with Lake as I am with, say a high school football team refusing to play another team that has been found cheating. If your opponent can not follow mutually agreed upon rules then you are not under any obligation to continue participating nor under any obligation to explain why.

Old 10-09-2022, 04:53 PM

13,441 posts, read 4,282,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post

You folks want to know why Hobbs won't debate Lake? Because it couldn't be more clear that Lake can't be at all trusted to adhere to mutually agreed upon ground rules. Period. As to what Arizonans think of the debate kerfuffle? I can only speak for myself but as a voting resident of Arizona I'm completely fine with Hobbs decision to not participate in a one-on-one with Lake as I am with, say a high school football team refusing to play another team that has been found cheating. If your opponent can not follow mutually agreed upon rules then you are not under any obligation to continue participating nor under any obligation to explain why.

Because Hobbs can't debate. She did the same thing in the primary with Lopez. You are fine with a coward that refuses to debate or be challenged. That's says more about you and how weak you feel about Hobbs that she can't defend herself in a debate.

What is Hobbs scared about that Lake will challenge her answers and that Lake will answer her challenges on t.v. and Lake having total control?

If she can't handle 1 debate with 1 on 1 with her opponent how can she handle reporters when she is in the hot seat, be governor and handle the cartels and all the problems in the state when she gets challenge

If Fetterman will do 1 debate and he had a stroke, what's Hobbs' excuse? She can't handle being challenge in a debate? It shows why. "Uh, uh, uh, um, uh . . ."

Old 10-09-2022, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Because Hobbs can't debate. She did the same thing in the primary with Lopez. You are fine with a coward that refuses to debate or be challenged. That's says more about you and how weak you feel about Hobbs that she can't defend herself in a debate.

What is Hobbs scared about that Lake will challenge her answers and that Lake will answer her challenges on t.v. and Lake having total control?

If she can't handle 1 debate with 1 on 1 with your opponent how can you handle reporters, be governor and handle the cartels and all the problems in the state when you get challenged

If Fetterman will do 1 debate and he had a stroke, what's Hobbs' excuse? She can't handle being challenged in a debate> It shows why.
Why can't Lake agree to the rules of participation?

Old 10-09-2022, 05:03 PM

13,441 posts, read 4,282,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Why can't Lake agree to the rules of participation?

Lake told her pick a moderator and pick the questions and have a normal debate and Hobbs refuses. She did the same thing against Lopez in the primary and was a no show but according to you it's everybody's fault except for the person that refuses to debate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I2bfcAbe0Y

Old 10-09-2022, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Lake told her pick a moderator and pick the questions and have a normal debate and Hobbs refuses. She did the same thing against Lopez in the primary and was a no show but according to you it's everybody's fault except for the person that refuses to debate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I2bfcAbe0Y
That still doesn't explain why Lake made the decision to ignore the rules agreed on for this event.
Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections