Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 12:33 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I can't take anyone seriously who thinks Tim Ryan is "radical left wing". LMAO.

So you are unable to refute anything in the post you responded to?

Now that's predictable.
I can’t take anyone who still says they’re a Democrat seriously. Especially after the past two years of failed Democrat policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2022, 12:49 PM

6,813 posts, read 9,361,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I can’t take anyone who still says they’re a Democrat seriously. Especially after the past two years of failed Democrat policies.
Couldn’t rep you for this, but I feel the same way. Hard to believe that anyone openly supports Democrats right now after how horrific the Biden administration has been for our country.

Also, Ryan has voted with Joe Biden 100% of the time. This administration has not been the least bit moderate.

Old 10-11-2022, 12:50 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Bingo. They ignore the countless debacles created by Sleepy Joe and their only arguments are because Trump/MAGA.

Old 10-11-2022, 01:00 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
J.D. Vance (R) DOMINATES In Ohio Senate Debate Against Radical Left Wing Congressman Tim Ryan (D)

Democratic nominee Tim Ryan performed extremely well in the debate I watched, last evening, in neighboring Ohio. It did not seem at all like MAGA Republican Vance dominated.

Ryan skewered Vance for promoting the legal defense fund for insurrectionists who assaulted police at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. “Can you imagine one guy saying out of one side of his mouth he’s pro-cop, and out of the other side of his mouth he’s raising money for the insurrectionists who were beating up the Capitol police?”

Ryan, a pro-democracy moderate Democrat, who has served his state for years in Congress, went on to successfully illustrate Vance's promotion and support of radical MAGA Republicanism & extremism which, IMO, has destroyed the GOP and normal conservatism. Ryan hammered Vance as endorsing a national abortion ban with no exceptions for rape or incest and showed what a lightweight Vance is on national security and foreign policy because Vance sneers at support for Ukraine. As Ryan put it, “If J.D. had his way, Putin would be through Ukraine at this point. He’d be going into Poland.”

Ryan is running a competitive race in a red state and seems better attuned to Ohio voters than forced birther & election denier JD Vance. In this debate Ryan repeatedly took down Vance without appearing nasty or angry. Ryan looks and talks like a regular guy who says he's part of the "exhausted middle class", just like a lot of us.
I was surprised by Ryans words and stance. I am so used to hearing the President and VP bumbling mumbling forgetting where they are that it was refreshing to see. However and it's a big "but", Vance had the acumen and stats to back up his positions for more than Ryan.

Style Ryan 70%
Substance Vance 70%
Poise Even
Energy Even
Likability Vance 60%
Energy Vance 80%

It's gonna come down to the wire in the big O

Old 10-11-2022, 01:03 PM

12,040 posts, read 6,574,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
I live in Ohio and have been bombarded with ads from Lyin’ Ryan about the J.D. Vance non-profit that was supposed to help combat the opioid epidemic but look who got $27,000 from the drug companies!

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/10/05/...-tim-ryan.html

Lyin’ Ryan also claimed he voted with Trump on China, he actually stated that the Trump policy on trade with China was absurd.

http://www.twotims.com

Only a delusional sperglord would still be voting for democrats after the last two years of clown world the American people have had to endure.

Are you better off now than you were two years ago? Hell no!
Since you are in Ohio, Can you tell yet who won more of the Ohioans yet??

Old 10-11-2022, 01:03 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,249,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Couldn’t rep you for this, but I feel the same way. Hard to believe that anyone openly supports Democrats right now after how horrific the Biden administration has been for our country.

Also, Ryan has voted with Joe Biden 100% of the time. This administration has not been the least bit moderate.
For anyone on the fence in ANY election they should pay attention to this. Ryan talks moderate but his actions say otherwise.

Old 10-12-2022, 09:45 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,189,379 times
Some say that Vance lost the debate.

Quote:
Contrary to Republican claims that Democrats are soft on crime, Ryan also skewered Vance for promoting the legal defense fund for insurrectionists who assaulted police at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. “Can you imagine one guy saying out of one side of his mouth he’s pro-cop, and out of the other side of his mouth he’s raising money for the insurrectionists who were beating up the Capitol police?” Ryan declared....The overall impression from Ryan’s performance was that Vance is a smarmy lightweight beholden to extremists. Ryan took Vance to task for his nonprofit meant to combat opioid addiction, which did nothing of the sort. And he lit into Vance for sneering at support for Ukraine. As Ryan put it, “If J.D. had his way, [Vladimir] Putin would be through Ukraine at this point. He’d be going into Poland.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...senate-debate/

Old 10-12-2022, 09:52 AM

7,081 posts, read 8,949,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Since you are in Ohio, Can you tell yet who won more of the Ohioans yet??
Hard to say at this point but I live in one of the most red areas of the state

Old 10-13-2022, 03:34 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post

Bingo...Their only arguments are because Trump/MAGA.
Yikes. Here we go again. Dude, you are operating under the mistaken idea that because Trump is an insult. It is a badge of American honor to because Trump.
I'm surprised you haven't comprehended that, by now.

Valuing independence, democracy, facts, decency and allegiance to America, instead of allegiance to Trump the psychopathic defeated and disgraced election denier, are conscientious pride-worthy principles. Voting for the advancement of them is one's patriotic duty. The people of Ohio have a very competent public servant in Congressman Tim Ryan who will protect and preserve these American ideals as their senator. He demonstrated that very elegantly during the debate, just as he does daily in the House.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 10-13-2022 at 03:43 AM..

Old 10-13-2022, 06:00 AM

3,162 posts, read 2,215,339 times
I doubt that the debate changed any minds, as conservatives are convinced Vance dominated the debate while liberals were impressed with Ryan's delivery. The fundamentals of Ohio in 2022, however, are that the state leans right and the majority of the voters strongly disapprove of the current administration. We've seen numerous elections in red states that look competitive in the polls, yet when Election Day comes around the Republican wins with no difficulty at all.

My expectation is that Vance wins by 5 to 10% or maybe even more in the end. The median Ohio voter is more disturbed by Ryan agreeing with Pelosi on virtually all policies than they are by Trump supposedly attempting to subvert democracy. After all, the state easily gave Trump their electoral votes in 2016 and 2020, and odds are they'll do so again in 2024.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections