Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2022, 03:37 PM

1,700 posts, read 613,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
That view makes any voter a sucker for the next grifter to come down the pike.
Not. I think independently or at least try hard to. I think everyone should have to take basic cognitive psychology because you learn about the biases and pitfalls our brains set us up for. I’m just calling it like I see it. The left is more concerned about sexuality, blaming white people for every evil, sensorineural speech, and taking care of the elite than they do about strengthening this country and dealing with the large issues at hand that are crushing the middle class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2022, 03:37 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Vance won the debate but I'm sure most Ohioans didn't watch it. It's a toss-up, unfortunately for Vance he hasn't run campaign ads that refute Ryan's lying attack ads so many voters will believe them and vote for the much worse candidate (that would be Ryan, btw).

For those who think Ohio is a red state, may I remind you idiot voters here gave Obama Ohio not once but twice, despite the fact he showed how unprepared he was to be president during his first four years.

If I had to guess I'd say Ryan will win but I hope I am wrong.

I don't. Trump won in 2020 by 8%. All the current polls between Trump vs Biden has Trump winning Ohio by 8% today. DeWine for governor is up by 17%. This is a red wave year and Biden is unpopular in Ohio. How is Ryan going to win with a Democrat platform? I don't see it.

Ohio is not a red state like Texas but is been getting more to the red side in the last 8 years.
Republicans will win 4 times in a row the governorship.
House Delegation is 12 to 4 GOP.
State Senate is 25 to 8 GOP
State Legislation is 64 to 35 GOP

Trump won Ohio by 8% both times each. He is up by 8% in Ohio for 2024. I don't see how Ryan wins with a Democrat platform.

Old 10-14-2022, 03:40 PM

1,700 posts, read 613,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_c55 View Post
This kind of comment is a great example why I'm not in a party.
It’s best to think independently and vote for the candidate that represents your values. My values don’t align perfectly with either party but less so the democrats these days. They have gone so far left I do not recognize them. And I disagree with republicans on many things. There is not a party that represents my political leanings perfectly. Republicans maybe 60% (and shrinking), democrats 10%. So I vote for the lesser of two evils. We need non party candidates but that will never happen with the establishment firmly in place.

Old 10-15-2022, 04:47 AM

748 posts, read 339,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Your words, your reality. Ryan votes 100% with Biden. You people are delusional. Whatever Vance is...he has ability & IQ. Ryan is an intellectual slob.
"You people?"

I'm not in a party. You're the one pushing a party script. The irony of you saying delusional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
Not. I think independently or at least try hard to. I think everyone should have to take basic cognitive psychology because you learn about the biases and pitfalls our brains set us up for. I’m just calling it like I see it. The left is more concerned about sexuality, blaming white people for every evil, sensorineural speech, and taking care of the elite than they do about strengthening this country and dealing with the large issues at hand that are crushing the middle class.

This is another example of why I'm not in a party. The blind tribalism is awful.

Old 10-15-2022, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Bingo

Old 10-15-2022, 08:06 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,189,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
The left is more concerned about sexuality, blaming white people for every evil, sensorineural speech, and taking care of the elite than they do about strengthening this country and dealing with the large issues at hand that are crushing the middle class.
I don't know how much government can really change inflation. I saw it tried in the seventies and the GOP measures really had little impact.

Much of the social issues fostered by Republicans are not supported by the middle class, such as the views on abortion and same sex-marriage, the cozying up to extremist militia groups and the like. Evangelicals, who have their own history and agenda, have taken over the GOP as to its stance on social issues.

But, on refusing to vote for any person of a party, most candidates are running for local offices, not to influence national legislation. I can't see how never considering someone of another party for trustee of the water reclamation district or for recorder of deeds is a responsible stance for a voter to take.

There are some extremists who continually run for office even though their views are not endorsed by party organizations. Sooner or later, through voter apathy, such a person will be a party's nominee on a ticket after winning a primary and the opponent will die before the election. That would be bad for the country.

Old 10-15-2022, 12:39 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,743,789 times
Quote:
"You people?"

I'm not in a party. You're the one pushing a party script. The irony of you saying delusional.

This is another example of why I'm not in a party. The blind tribalism is awful.
You're not very good at this I see

Old 10-15-2022, 01:07 PM

Quote:
You're not very good at this I see

No, I'm not in a party, so I'm not good at your tribal stuff, nor do I have interest in it.

Old 10-15-2022, 02:37 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,743,789 times
Quote:
No, I'm not in a party, so I'm not good at your tribal stuff, nor do I have interest in it.
Where did I say I was in a party? Your virtue-signaling routine is risible. You build a straw man, then proceed to burn it down, to show how you float above the so-called "tribalists" because you are so special.

The fact is, I vote for the lesser of two evils, and this year the lesser of the two evils is the GOP.

Old 10-15-2022, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Where did I say I was in a party? Your virtue-signaling routine is risible. You build a straw man, then proceed to burn it down, to show how you float above the so-called "tribalists" because you are so special.

The fact is, I vote for the lesser of two evils, and this year the lesser of the two evils is the GOP.
You need to look up the definition of a few words.

Also, you say that you aren't in party in one comment, but then make hyper partisan comments in others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections