Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 08:10 AM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I wasn’t sure what to expect in the debate between Democrat Rep. Tim Ryan and political newcomer J.D. Vance in the campaign for the open Senate seat in Ohio. Ryan, who has been in Congress for nearly 20 years, has decades of debates under his belt, so I wondered if Vance would be able to keep up. I needn’t have worried. Not only was Vance well prepared for the debate, but he landed blow after blow after blow against Ryan, portraying him as an out-of-touch liberal who takes his marching order from the radical left—at the expense of his constituents in the state’s Rust Belt. Ryan was stiff and angry and focused on personal attacks—always a sign of a candidate who believes he’s losing.
Quote:
The debate lasted an hour, and the moderators did a fine job of giving both candidates time to speak while not allowing them to filibuster. A Yale Law School grad, Vance was confident and well-spoken while demonstrating his intelligence and public policy chops. Ryan was on defense throughout the debate, repeatedly resorting to personal attacks and lying about Vance’s positions. He fidgeted, sighed deeply—Al Gore style—and appeared to be angry during the debate. Vance was cool as a cucumber and wasn’t phased at all by the attacks—he had a credible, coherent answer for every challenge.
Link: https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...-ryan-n1636016

First Kelly got destroyed by Masters in Arizona, and now Ryan gets destroyed by Vance in Ohio. Now we see why these awful Marxists never want to debate their Republican opponents. They have nothing to run on except lies and fear.

Great job J.D. Vance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2022, 09:04 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
I thought it was a good fist punching by both. JD lacks the polish of a professional liar but Ryan did a good job at counterpunching in my mind.

Old 10-11-2022, 09:23 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,249,675 times
Agreed. Vance was very prepared and (for a politician) very genuine in this debate. I felt he won going away. I'm looking forward to pulling that lever next month.

Old 10-11-2022, 09:27 AM

6,105 posts, read 2,727,097 times
Tim Ryan
Quote:
Ohio needs an ass-kicker, not an ass-kisser

Old 10-11-2022, 10:07 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
J.D. Vance (R) DOMINATES In Ohio Senate Debate Against Radical Left Wing Congressman Tim Ryan (D)

Are you referring to this debate, last night, in Ohio???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLPo4EeQ45k

Old 10-11-2022, 10:15 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I thought it was a good fist punching by both. JD lacks the polish of a professional liar but Ryan did a good job at counterpunching in my mind.
I also thought it was a pretty good debate with some very riveting exchanges.

Old 10-11-2022, 10:59 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
J.D. Vance (R) DOMINATES In Ohio Senate Debate Against Radical Left Wing Congressman Tim Ryan (D)

Democratic nominee Tim Ryan performed extremely well in the debate I watched, last evening, in neighboring Ohio. It did not seem at all like MAGA Republican Vance dominated.

Ryan skewered Vance for promoting the legal defense fund for insurrectionists who assaulted police at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. “Can you imagine one guy saying out of one side of his mouth he’s pro-cop, and out of the other side of his mouth he’s raising money for the insurrectionists who were beating up the Capitol police?”

Ryan, a pro-democracy moderate Democrat, who has served his state for years in Congress, went on to successfully illustrate Vance's promotion and support of radical MAGA Republicanism & extremism which, IMO, has destroyed the GOP and normal conservatism. Ryan hammered Vance as endorsing a national abortion ban with no exceptions for rape or incest and showed what a lightweight Vance is on national security and foreign policy because Vance sneers at support for Ukraine. As Ryan put it, “If J.D. had his way, Putin would be through Ukraine at this point. He’d be going into Poland.”

Ryan is running a competitive race in a red state and seems better attuned to Ohio voters than forced birther & election denier JD Vance. In this debate Ryan repeatedly took down Vance without appearing nasty or angry. Ryan looks and talks like a regular guy who says he's part of the "exhausted middle class", just like a lot of us.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 10-11-2022 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: grammatical and sentence structural changes.

Old 10-11-2022, 11:05 AM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post

Democratic nominee Tim Ryan performed extremely well in the debate I watched, last evening, in neighboring Ohio. It did not seem at all like MAGA Republican Vance dominated.

Ryan skewered Vance for promoting the legal defense fund for insurrectionists who assaulted police at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. “Can you imagine one guy saying out of one side of his mouth he’s pro-cop, and out of the other side of his mouth he’s raising money for the insurrectionists who were beating up the Capitol police?”

Ryan went on to successfully illustrate Vance's promotion and support of radical MAGA Republicanism & extremism which, IMO, has destroyed the GOP and normal Republicanism. Ryan hammered Vance as endorsing a national abortion ban with no exceptions for rape or incest and showed what a lightweight Vance is on national security and foreign policy because Vance sneers at support for Ukraine. As Ryan put it, “If J.D. had his way, Putin would be through Ukraine at this point. He’d be going into Poland.”

Ryan is running a competitive race in a red state and seems better attuned to Ohio voters than forced birther & election denier JD Vance. In this debate Ryan repeatedly took down Vance without appearing nasty or angry. Ryan looks like a regular guy who says he's part of the "exhausted middle class", which he is, just like a lot of us.
Your confirmation bias is predictable, and noted.

Old 10-11-2022, 11:29 AM

7,081 posts, read 8,949,114 times
I live in Ohio and have been bombarded with ads from Lyin’ Ryan about the J.D. Vance non-profit that was supposed to help combat the opioid epidemic but look who got $27,000 from the drug companies!

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/10/05/...-tim-ryan.html

Lyin’ Ryan also claimed he voted with Trump on China, he actually stated that the Trump policy on trade with China was absurd.

http://www.twotims.com

Only a delusional sperglord would still be voting for democrats after the last two years of clown world the American people have had to endure.

Are you better off now than you were two years ago? Hell no!

Old 10-11-2022, 11:34 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
I can't take anyone seriously who thinks Tim Ryan is "radical left wing". LMAO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Your confirmation bias is predictable, and noted.
So you are unable to refute anything in the post you responded to?

Now that's predictable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections