Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2022, 01:03 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times

Advertisements

The one debate happened. Mike Lee claimed this:

Quote:
"In the days leading up to Jan. 6, when the votes were going to be opened and counted, I had a job to do. There were rumors circulating suggesting that some states were considering switching out their slates of electors. If that were true, I would need to know about it. I did research on that; I made phone calls to figure out whether the rumors were true. The rumors were false. On that basis, I voted to certify the results of the elections."
He acted outraged and demanded an apology.
https://www.ksl.com/article/50497940...-2020-election

Strangely, though, his texts tell a different story. I mean, I would expect them to be something like "Hey Mark I heard X state is thinking of doing alternate electors. Have you heard that?" or similar if that was true. Instead he was sending ones like this:

Quote:
"If a very small handful of states were to have their legislatures appoint alternative slates of delegates, there could be a path."
Quote:
"We need something from state legislatures to make this legitimate and to have any hope of winning. Even if they can't convene, it might be enough if a majority of them are willing to sign a statement indicating how they would vote."
Quote:
"I've been spending 14 hours a day for the last week trying to unravel this for him."
Quote:
But, again, Lee repeatedly communicated with the White House about how state legislators in places where Biden got the most votes might be able to find a way to appoint pro-Trump electors. McMullin was well within his rhetorical rights to describe these potential electors as "fake," too.
Stuff like that. He was also the one promoting Sidney Powell and saying they should talk to her. Later he recognized that she was wackadoodle at least, I guess.

I'm sure my fellow Utahn will be along to point out that yes, he did in the end do the right thing and certify Biden, and how he did nothing wrong, blah blah blah.

For me, it's enough that he was spending "14 hours a day" (his words) trying to unravel the results of a fair election. That he was for term limits, yet is trying for a 3rd. How he votes no so much, where he is sometimes even the lone no for the Republicans, yet has only gotten a few of his own bills passed, including benign meaningless (in the context of this discussion of him getting significant legislature passed) ones like changing building names.

He's trying to reverse the newly enacted price controls for the 10 highest drugs in Medicare that were part of the Inflation Reduction Act, claiming price controls don't work. Yet as this doctor points out:
Quote:
When Senator Lee opines, “Price controls never work,” I must ask, if this is the case, why does every other country in the western world negotiate drug prices?

Researchers from Britain’s University of Liverpool found U.S. prices were consistently higher than in other European markets. U.S. prices were six times higher than in Brazil and 16 times higher than the average in the lowest-price country, which was usually India.
https://www.parkrecord.com/opinion/e...than-mike-lee/

Mike Lee needs to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2022, 03:34 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
\
Mike Lee needs to go.
More Democrat b.s. and hanging on to the thinnest thread in the midterms. Lee didn't commit a crime, he didn't violate any Senate rule and he even wasn't call in for the Democrat Kangaroo court.

McMuffin has nothing and his days are numbered. He exposed himself in the debate especially at the end of the debate when he praised Mitt Romney as being a Senator that crosses aisles to vote for Biden and that's the Senator he would be. Utahns already figured him out. No to Biden. Utahns aren't going to fall for this charlatan. Evan even flipped flopped on abortions and that isn't flying for Utahns who are pro life and pro family.

I know 5 Utahns that voted for him in 2016 that said it was a big mistake, never again. I had him read since 2016 and his actions for the past 6 years on MSNBC and repeating the Democrat talking points proved me right. He fooled a lot of people including Glenn Beck in 2016. Now Beck calls him a clown and a fraud.

Most of his donations are from Democrat donors. "Independent" my foot.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 10-19-2022 at 03:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections