Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 12:14 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,671,574 times
I just did #12-20 on my lunch break

(12) I blame My Early Drug Use on Ethnic Confusion, Was never said
(13) An Ebony Article Moved Me to Run For Office Was never said
(14) A Life Magazine Article Changed My Outlook On life Could be a lie maybe? He is remembering an article he read as a child, could he just not have the right magazine? Does it even really matter in the long run?
(15) I won't Run on a National Ticket in 08 - LIAR, here you are, despite saying live on TV, that you would not have enough experience by then, and you are all about having experience first. Presidential candidates say that. Hillary did as well.
(16) Present Votes Are Common in Illionois - LIAR, they are common for YOU, but not many others have 130 NO VOTES. Was never said
(17) Oops I Misvoted - LIAR, only whent caught by church groups and Democrats did you beg to change your misvote. Misvote? Was never said
(18) I was A Professor Of Law - LIAR, you were a senior lecturer ON LEAVE. See U of Chicago Link above
(19) I Was A Constitutional Lawyer - LIAR, you were a senior lecturer ON LEAVE See U of Chicago Link above
(20) Without Me, There Would Be No Ethics Bill - LIAR, youd didn't write it, introduce it, change it, or create it. Cannot find quote of this anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 12:46 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,177,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I just did #12-20 on my lunch break

(12) I blame My Early Drug Use on Ethnic Confusion, Was never said
(13) An Ebony Article Moved Me to Run For Office Was never said
(14) A Life Magazine Article Changed My Outlook On life Could be a lie maybe? He is remembering an article he read as a child, could he just not have the right magazine? Does it even really matter in the long run?
(15) I won't Run on a National Ticket in 08 - LIAR, here you are, despite saying live on TV, that you would not have enough experience by then, and you are all about having experience first. Presidential candidates say that. Hillary did as well.
(16) Present Votes Are Common in Illionois - LIAR, they are common for YOU, but not many others have 130 NO VOTES. Was never said
(17) Oops I Misvoted - LIAR, only whent caught by church groups and Democrats did you beg to change your misvote. Misvote? Was never said
(18) I was A Professor Of Law - LIAR, you were a senior lecturer ON LEAVE. See U of Chicago Link above
(19) I Was A Constitutional Lawyer - LIAR, you were a senior lecturer ON LEAVE See U of Chicago Link above
(20) Without Me, There Would Be No Ethics Bill - LIAR, youd didn't write it, introduce it, change it, or create it. Cannot find quote of this anywhere.
Just offhand, your #17 is wrong. He did say he misvoted on something. It was a quote in a news article back when he was in the Illinois state senate. (It was either related to abortion or a criminal justice issue -- I can't remember which but he was the only one who voted the way he did.)

Old 05-29-2008, 12:50 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,465,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Looks like it's a gamble we're willing to take...
Lets see, gamble on Obama as he gets us out of the war in Iraq or vote for McCan't who guarantees continued occupation in Iraq for possibly 4-100 years, depends on which day you ask him. It went from 100 to 50 to the magic number of "4". Yup, I will take my chances on Obama too. My brain tells me, my conscience tells me and my wallet is screaming for me to vote for Obama. Go Obama go!

Old 05-29-2008, 12:51 PM

36,661 posts, read 67,572,805 times
Oh please, we take a gamble everytime we cross the street.

Barack Obama is an oppurtunity for America to put its best foot forward, John McCain at very best would a step backwards.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:54 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,671,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Just offhand, your #17 is wrong. He did say he misvoted on something. It was a quote in a news article back when he was in the Illinois state senate. (It was either related to abortion or a criminal justice issue -- I can't remember which but he was the only one who voted the way he did.)
Can you find me the quote? I searched and couldn't find anything, except for its inclusion on this list.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:55 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,060,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
RealClearPolitics - Articles - Obama's Woes: A Tale of Three States

Looks like he's the longshot in the General Election.
Rupert Murdoch doesn't think so!

The founder -- and defender -- of Fox News said he expected Obama to win in a landslide, citing widespread unhappiness with the current administration and his disenchantment with Republican contender John McCain. Murdoch added that after a long career in the Senate, McCain had been forced to compromise too much and doesn’t stand for much. Murdoch even nonchalantly owned up to influencing the New York Post to back Obama in the New York primary.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:30 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,177,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Can you find me the quote? I searched and couldn't find anything, except for its inclusion on this list.
I don't have time to do it now -- but look in the Chicago papers (or there is a paper that is devoted to Illinois politics). I'm pretty sure I saw it in there. Try googling "voted wrong" and Obama or "voting record".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections