Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 02:52 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,675,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Passing judgment on McCain because of his age or health is just as bad as judging Obama by his race. Like I said - it's just one more reason to give Obamainites reason to bicker.
The reason there is relevance to McCains health, is the fact that there is a possibility he could die during his term if elected, so the public should know this, and take in into consideration when he chooses his VP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 02:56 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
Quote:
Let me ask you a question. If I posted an article criticizing McCain on the war, written by Cindy Sheehan, would you even entertain it?
Yeah, so could Obama. He has a good chance of contracting Lung cancer from his heavy smoking.

I want to see his xrays.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, so could Obama. He has a good chance of contracting Lung cancer from his heavy smoking.

I want to see his xrays.
Hahah are you serious, xrays? He is an intermittent smoker shown to be in perfect health. Regardless, I think a statement from both parties from a doctor like this would be fine. There is no need for pages and pages of records from McCain or Obama, but lets be serious, McCain has a much higher change of dying while in office, even from natural causes. I'm just saying, people need to keep that in mind when he chooses a VP.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:05 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,967,319 times
Quote:

I want to see his xrays.
Oooh! Oooh! And a brain scan, too, please. You just know a brain scan will get plenty of media attention--and all the comedians will love having proof that he has a brain. I'm tellin' ya, this is a pr goldmine.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:07 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
Quote:
There is no need for pages and pages of records from McCain or Obama, but lets be serious
So, you wouldn't have been whining and wailing if McCain released just a "statement" from the doctor? That would have been sufficient for you?

Old 05-29-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
So, you wouldn't have been whining and wailing if McCain released just a "statement" from the doctor? That would have been sufficient for you?
Absolutely. If they released a detailed statement such as Obama's, it gives enough information on the general health of the candidate. I don't need to know if his bowel movements are regular.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:15 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,967,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I don't need to know if his bowel movements are regular.
Oh sure we do! Let's have a side by side comparison of McCain's and Obama's bowels.

Why not? You know who's going to come out ---err, umm, "squeaky clean." It's harmless, easy to provide, and it'll keep all those people who love sensationalism too busy to cause trouble.

Sounds like a no brainer. Ooops, that's what they'll say when they do a brain scan on McCain!

Old 05-29-2008, 03:30 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,038,795 times
Quote:
The reason there is relevance to McCains health, is the fact that there is a possibility he could die during his term if elected, so the public should know this, and take in into consideration when he chooses his VP.
There is always the possibility that a president could die in office, and yes his VP choice should be a good one.

By the way, last time I checked there was no such thing as 'perfect' health.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
There is always the possibility that a president could die in office, and yes his VP choice should be a good one.

By the way, last time I checked there was no such thing as 'perfect' health.
Let's be honest though. Age-wise, there is a way higher chance of McCain kickin' it while in office.

Last edited by newtoli; 05-29-2008 at 03:58 PM..

Old 05-29-2008, 03:55 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,038,795 times
Quote:
Let's be honest though. Age-wise, there is a way higher chance of McCain kickin' in while in office.
Indeed. But if this election so far hasn't killed him, there isn't much that can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections