Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 09:17 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,934,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
To quote Sen. Obama in referring to McCain, "Just like George Bush, when he was presented with the truth, he just dug in and refused to admit his mistake."

Tying McCain to Bush is going to be such a continuing theme that you McCain lovers are going to be begging for mercy.
It is a shame that Obama has no substance of his own and has to resort to politics as usual. I would have thought with all his knowledge, experience and vision that he would be able to convince people to vote for him based on his plans, his character, his leadership skills, his intelligence. Alas I guess I was wrong and he is just another corrupt politician like so many before him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 09:22 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,436,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
It is a shame that Obama has no substance of his own and has to resort to politics as usual. I would have thought with all his knowledge, experience and vision that he would be able to convince people to vote for him based on his plans, his character, his leadership skills, his intelligence. Alas I guess I was wrong and he is just another corrupt politician like so many before him.
The real shame is your failure to even attempt to defend McCain's major gaffe or senior moment regarding the troop strength in Iraq. Instead, you attack Obama who is merely pointing out the truth. Does this mean you accept the fact that your candidate of choice is too old and ill prepared to be POTUS?

Old 05-31-2008, 10:07 AM

Quote:
The real shame is your failure to even attempt to defend McCain's major gaffe or senior moment regarding the troop strength in Iraq. Instead, you attack Obama who is merely pointing out the truth. Does this mean you accept the fact that your candidate of choice is too old and ill prepared to be POTUS?
Why would I defend McCain? He is not my candidate. I want a candidate of substance which we are once again sorely missing this year. Since Obama is you candidate why not answer my concerns. I know, you can't.

Old 05-31-2008, 01:23 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,963,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
It is a shame that Obama has no substance of his own and has to resort to politics as usual.
What???? A politician resorting to politics?

Oh, the horror!

Old 05-31-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
What???? A politician resorting to politics?

Oh, the horror!
Politics as usual, corruption, pork barrel spending, lying to the public, etc.. Unfortunately too many people are like you and only expect this out of our politicians. That is why we are in the shape we are now. I guess we get what we deserve. Hopefully my children and theirs will expect more and demand better from their representatives. Only then will things get better.

Old 05-31-2008, 02:23 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,607,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
13.4% difference. Big deal.

Obama never even visits Iraq. He hasn't been there for nearly 900 days?
Nice spin, ineffective, but good try.

Old 05-31-2008, 03:37 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,853,849 times
Quote:
Obama never even visits Iraq. He hasn't been there for nearly 900 days
Yet McCain keeps going back and still doesn't know what's going on or what he's talking about!

Bush is seldom there, and he constantly talks about what's going on. Comparing Bush and McCain on Iraq shows that people believe what they want, whether they've gone and seen first-hand (the dog and pony show) or stayed home and watched the video.

golfgod

Old 05-31-2008, 04:36 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,830,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Right about now, Obama's kicking himself for not going on that trip. He missed out on a golden opportunity to correct McCain in front of all the cameras.

Can you imagine? The intent of the joint trip was to have the "experienced guy" show Obama around. He wanted to say "Look, Barack, those are troops. And that thing over there is a tank!"

Would have been fun to have Obama play teacher, instead.
I think Obama stayed home because he couldn't find Iraq on a map.

"I've now been to 57 states." -- Obama this month in Oregon.

Old 05-31-2008, 04:38 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,734,833 times
Quote:
Obama speaking in Montana (http://thepage.time.com/obamas-remarks-at-great-falls-montana-town-hall/ - broken link) about McCain's incompetence:
Incompetence? How is Obama competent? it was possible way is he competent in leading a country? He has almost no experience working in congress and has even less experience with foreign relations, etc. How is he competent about anything? And while I'm at it what has he ever done in congress?

Old 05-31-2008, 04:44 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,224,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
Oh great. Another "senior moment" and I hate tell you this "my friends", there are going to be many more. We cannot have a 72 year old senior citizen President that continues to have these "senior moments". If that phone rings at 3:00 AM, he is not even going to hear the phone. Seriously, he is too dam old to take on such stressful job and a mountain of Bush crap to clean up after as well. I hope McCain blunders some more so people will see age is definitely a factor.
I've known seniors that age that are sharp as a tack. Unfortunately, McCain isn't one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections