Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2023, 03:04 PM

27,200 posts, read 43,896,295 times

Advertisements

Kamala doesn't have the horses or appeal to carry the party. The rumor mill swirls that if the "In Case of Emergency" handle gets pulled, we could very well see a Michelle Obama entry into the ring even though she has denied it. If push comes to shove, I'm betting she will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2023, 03:12 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Michele Obama? Ah, I think the Dems want to win, so I'm thinking that would not work.

Biden would not withdraw, which is why I think the Dems are the ones leaking all the "goodies" on him hoping the GOP will be able to take care of their "problem". Not sure they can get rid of Biden, at least, easily.

I think the Dems are done with the Obamas, at least I hope so. Creating further division in the country is not needed from either party.

I think the 3rd parties will begin to rise in the next election, so there may be hope for the future yet.

Old 08-08-2023, 07:52 PM

1,838 posts, read 676,481 times
I suspect it would be Gavin Newsome leading the ticket, but he would represent a more Left than Biden's administration.

Kamala doesn't appear to be capable to run and lead an effective campaign. I check foxnews.com for coverage not provided by the mainstream Left media, and often it is trying to build something more than it is as a latest outrage, but it does cover the latest word salad of Kamala. I suspect even black Democratic women voters aren't so excited about her.

Old 08-08-2023, 07:55 PM

4,511 posts, read 5,051,906 times
Michelle obama is a joke , just like her husband, neither of them has any credibility or honesty or integrity. Best if neither of them were ever heard of again.

Old 08-08-2023, 10:12 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,908,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Kamala doesn't have the horses or appeal to carry the party. The rumor mill swirls that if the "In Case of Emergency" handle gets pulled, we could very well see a Michelle Obama entry into the ring even though she has denied it. If push comes to shove, I'm betting she will.
Knowing how badly Big Mike's husband wishes to finish his destruction of America, I could happen. She wouldn't need to be involved in politics, she can do what Joey has done, just stay behind the curtain and let the communist call all of the shots. It has sure worked for Biden..
..and yes! Bathroom Barry is truly the great divider by design, he hates America and wants it changed to suit his dreams..
“We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America.” So declared Barack Obama in Columbia, Missouri, on Oct. 30, 2008.
His first an only success in eight years, destroying AMERICA..

Old 08-09-2023, 12:16 AM
JRR

8,164 posts, read 5,657,641 times
If Biden for some reason withdraws, I think that there might be a pretty good chance that Gretchen Whitmer would be very much encouraged to step in his place.

Old 08-09-2023, 01:19 AM

3,766 posts, read 4,102,538 times
What are the chances of a reasonable centrist such as Joe Manchin or RFK, Jr.? Or won't the powers that be in the democratic party (Barack & Michelle) and the liberal idiots that control the press, allow them to take the stage?

Old 08-09-2023, 09:42 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
If Biden for some reason withdraws, I think that there might be a pretty good chance that Gretchen Whitmer would be very much encouraged to step in his place.
She would be my choice...she's done a fantastic job as governor of Michigan.

Old 08-09-2023, 02:07 PM

445 posts, read 219,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
She would be my choice...she's done a fantastic job as governor of Michigan.
Yet another politician (like Newsome) who imposed restrictive COVID era policies on the masses and then violated them herself (and her husband) at will. Numerous examples, but one -- The populace weren't allowed to visit dying relatives in nursing homes and hospitals. NEVER forget what these people did. She's like Cuomo without the sex stuff.

Old 08-09-2023, 03:24 PM

639 posts, read 1,071,664 times
Only Republicans think of Michelle Obama as a potential Democratic candidate. I'm not really sure why. She has no history in politics and has never expressed interest in running.

As for potential replacement candidates for Biden, I've heard Pritzker and Newsom tossed around. Mainly though people are being quiet and treating Biden as the presumed nominee. I would like to have a real primary. I'm a Democrat and I kind of wish we could choose the best candidate rather than the unpopular octogenarian incumbent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections