Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2023, 02:45 PM

13,490 posts, read 4,310,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiNerd1 View Post
I cannot imagine Trump winning in 2024 with all ongoing court cases and GOP's inability to elect the Speaker until today. The House of Representatives was a total circus show.

I am not the biggest fan of Biden but he is sadly still the better alternative no matter what.

Not at 37% approval on the economy he is not. A lot of people will put the economy and their self interests over politics. You have to be close to a Biden fan if you call a 37% approval on the economy the better alternative. Maybe for you but not for millions of Americans. Have you bother to read the recent polls? Biden is in trouble. Jimmy Carter had a 38% and HW Bush had a 43% approval on the economy and both lost big.

If you ask a lot people what is their priority: the economy/the cost of living or Trump in court, they will put their economy before politics.

And how taking 3 weeks to elect a Speaker affected your life in the past 3 weeks? Let me get your liberal thinking, Biden's awful policies on the economy and cost of living, the mess at the border and the drug epidemic, homeless crisis and the foreign policy that Biden runs poorly that has serious consequences for the U.S. and world doesn't bother you but the GOP taking 3 weeks to elect a speaker is your main concern?

^^^Liberal thinking.

Old 10-25-2023, 03:32 PM

2,689 posts, read 1,197,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Republicans would have a much better chance without Trump. Biden's most attractive quality is that he is not Trump. But the longer they keep Trump in front, the harder it will be to introduce and sell a candidate.
Yes and groom to know and say what the majority wants.

Old 10-25-2023, 05:34 PM

2,664 posts, read 3,864,442 times
Too many folks on here think these personalities and age are all that will matter in the upcoming Presidential election. People think way too short term.

I expect Gov't and Fed to turn all spigots on in Q1/24 to attempt making economy "better" This is what will ensure a Biden reelection. The powers that be want Biden not because of his competence but precisely because his incompetence allows them to control him and agenda.

Look for lower interest rates and more government cash to grease skids of economic activity going into Q3/24 and election time.

If people feel good about their situations, they will vote for person already in "power" (Biden).
Even if they know this person is not really in power - matters not.

Old 10-26-2023, 07:35 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,302,346 times
Special elections this year continue to favor Democrats by about 8% more than usual and polls in Red Ohio show that Issue One (which would safeguard abortion rights) is leading by a large margin. Plus, Donald Trump himself has labeled the new House Speaker “MAGA Mike Johnson”, which Democrats will use in ads in every contestable House race in the country, noting that the new Speaker is anti-abortion rights, opposes gay marriage and voted not to certify the election of Joe Biden. Also here’s an op-ed that a young Mike Johnson wrote 20 years ago bewailing the Supreme Court overturning the anti-Sodomy laws in Texas. You’ll see plenty of spots identifying Johnson as well as Trump as the faces of MAGA.

https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/...m_medium=email

https://abcnews.go.com/538/democrats...y?id=103315703

https://www.bw.edu/news/2023/fall/10...issues-1-and-2

It’s always a binary choice. You’ll have an old Joe Biden on one side versus either a nearly as old Donald Trump or a Trump acolyte. It’s not a question of who you like most, but who you fear the least.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 10-26-2023 at 08:23 AM..

Old 10-26-2023, 10:10 AM

6,753 posts, read 3,375,736 times
In what world does feeble demented Biden deserve a 2nd term? He's been nothing but a complete disaster and an embarrassment to this country. Like everything else, as a Democrat his corruption gets swept under the carpet, but it's hard to hide that he's a stumbling bumbling imbecile.

Anyone that would vote for a 2nd Biden term would have to be as mentally incompetent as he is and based on his disastrous record anyone the GOP runs, even Trump, would be better than another four years of this buffoon.

Old 10-26-2023, 12:08 PM

112 posts, read 84,164 times
I think the Democrats will bring forward a ticket with Michelle Obama and Gavin Newsome (VP) and they'll easily take the 2024 election. The Republican brand is severely broken, and the Dems (as stated) have done a decent job of neutering Trump through the legal system.

I live in a red area and the book banning, backwards thinking, Bible thumping, MAGA hat wearing crowd is wearing thin on me so I'm biased.

But Michelle and Gavin could really energize the base of the Democratic Party and the brand would be so much nicer than anything that the MAGA crowd could muster with either Trump (I think he's fading fast) or DeSantis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections