Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 11:31 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,261,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Remember people - she is suspending - not conceding, and not releasing her delegates.

Knowing the clinton, that would NOT reassure me.
CNN explained the reason she is suspending her campaign and keeping her delegates is because of her campaign debt. By not suspending her campaign, she can continue to raise money to pay the debt. The Obama campaign should like this, as Obama will have less debt to contribute. As far as I'm concerned, she conceded the election today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 11:33 AM

1,044 posts, read 1,955,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanmaxx Brian View Post
That is exactly what I talking about!
PLEASE Obama supporters...stop rubbing in salt! If this continues, it could be devastating to the Dem party, they could loose the GE after this mess of an administration!
Yes, I am in agreement. We are much stronger united than we are divided, those on both sides that feel it neccesary to put others down need to get perspective on this.
That's why the democrats never get any respect, we have to work together, now.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:38 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,261,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
dmnari,
Please try to understand the Obama is not the same thing as his supporters. I can absolutely understand your bitterness, but don't let Obama's rabid supporters influence you.
Come November, you'll just have to weigh your distaste for Obama and his supporters as opposed to McCain, whose views you'll likely strongly oppose.
I've held my nose and voted for the lesser of two evils many times. It's just a fact of life, i guess.
I agree. When Hillary and Obama said they were friends, I think she was truthful. Having worked closely with attorneys, I've seen firsthand how they fight like cats and dogs when in trial and then go have lunch together. Hillary and Obama are both lawyers.

The Obama campaign has stated that Hillary's speech was generous and they are happy with her comments.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:38 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,351,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Remember people - she is suspending - not conceding, and not releasing her delegates.

Knowing the clinton, that would NOT reassure me.
Keep dreaming.

As has been mentioned, she HAD to use the term "suspending" rather than "ending" for legal reasons. If the campaign is "ended" then there is no chance of recovering any of the amount the campaign is in the red. If it's "suspended" then money can still be collected and the debts paid.

It's very specific legally.

But, if you want to keep believing in the fairey tale that she'll rip the Democratic Party apart, then go right ahead.

Ken

Old 06-07-2008, 11:49 AM

77 posts, read 283,174 times
I was a Hillary supporter but was never against Obama. I think the best thing now would be for them to run together. Just my opinion.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:05 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,213,136 times
I am sick to DEATH of Hillary being bashed here
if it was the other way around there would be gashing of teeth,
I am still a Hillary supporter and I am trying with all that is in me to really want to vote for Obama, but I will tell you my heart is not in it.
I can say that the ones on here that insist on division, how can you say you really believe what Obama says he wants to do??? Unity, remember???
Hillary Clinton did what no woman in history has ever done before and she should be given respect for that.
She will work her heart out to unite her supporters, just like she said she would do, but just because she does that, does not mean everything is alright and Obama will sail to the finnish line.
He limped to win, he only did it because of the SDs well he will not have them at the general election.
There is still a core of folks he will have to win to win the white house, if you think it will be easy you are wrong.
If you really want change then act like it.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:07 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,080,649 times
If Hillary had taken the tone of her remarks today throughout the campaign. I would have supported her. But as you all know she didn't.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:11 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,213,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
If Hillary had taken the tone of her remarks today throughout the campaign. I would have supported her. But as you all know she didn't.

Yes, and if Obama was who he has tried to sell us all on,I would have supported him.
But as most of us know, he is not.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:13 PM

268 posts, read 100,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I am sick to DEATH of Hillary being bashed here
if it was the other way around there would be gashing of teeth,
I am still a Hillary supporter and I am trying with all that is in me to really want to vote for Obama, but I will tell you my heart is not in it.
I can say that the ones on here that insist on division, how can you say you really believe what Obama says he wants to do??? Unity, remember???
Hillary Clinton did what no woman in history has ever done before and she should be given respect for that.
She will work her heart out to unite her supporters, just like she said she would do, but just because she does that, does not mean everything is alright and Obama will sail to the finnish line.
He limped to win, he only did it because of the SDs well he will not have them at the general election.
There is still a core of folks he will have to win to win the white house, if you think it will be easy you are wrong.
If you really want change then act like it.
Kudos to you, Georgia, for still trying to vote for Obama even though your heart's not in it, which is very understandable. May others be as reasonable as you.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,981,416 times
I wonder if she will continue to do opposition research as well.

I would bet my bottom dollar she will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections