Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 04:47 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,542,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourChild View Post
The OP's post exemplifies one reason I have a problem with Obama, or more specifically, his supporters. It is stupid and wrong, no matter what year it is, to disqualify someone based on his or her race. Race should not be an issue. Yet for Obama supporters, it invariably becomes one. If we don't like his position on any given topic, well, it must be because we're too busy ironing our robes and hoods and lighting crosses to read up on the issue. It couldn't POSSIBLY be because we've already gotten past the race thing and just don't like where he stands, as a candidate. (All of this happened with Hillary too, but with her, of course, it was the gender card.)

I don't hear McCain supporters jumping up and down about how they don't want a BLACK MAN in office, not even in private one-on-one discussions. What worries most of us more is his association with people who are ON RECORD as hating white people, as hating America. You are whom you associate with, to a large extent, and that really does bother me in reference to Obama.

Oh--and one more thing: If Obama wins, I'm assuming part of this glorious, high-gloss "CHANGE" will be to abolish the kind of bigotry and hate shown in the original post? Or will it only be kicked up a few notches?

To celebrate Obama as the Second Coming merely because he's black--or half-black, as someone pointed out--is to miss the point of what a Presidency is all about.
i
For Crissakes, since you are indirectly talking about the Reverned Wright, did you even bother hearing the mans whole quote, or do you only want to hear the "Goddamed America" part of it since Faux News told you so?
Listen or read what he said before that and I doubt you can seriously think what he said had no merit at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 04:56 PM

725 posts, read 2,325,894 times
Ugh! Ooooga ooooga ooooga.

Me vote fer Bush in 2000 and 2004, he good man. He attaq Iraq and that's good thing.

Stay the course, yer either wit us or again us, take yer pik.

Me have choice this year - vote fer Mc Cain or Obamination. Obama black man, me white neanderthal. Me don't want no colored man, me vote me own kind, so me vote fer Mc Cain. Mc Cain good fence-sitter, good fer illegals, good fer low-paying jobs, good good fer neanderthals like me and all me friends. Good 3rd term fer Bush.

Me go now, back to cave to make fire and beat wife.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-14-2008, 06:40 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,232,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I wish there was a way to rate a post negatively.
There used to be, people were crying after posting messages like the OP posted and then complained when they got a neg rep.

Old 06-14-2008, 06:45 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,232,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
i
For Crissakes, since you are indirectly talking about the Reverned Wright, did you even bother hearing the mans whole quote, or do you only want to hear the "Goddamed America" part of it since Faux News told you so?
Listen or read what he said before that and I doubt you can seriously think what he said had no merit at all.
If your attempting to say that the quotes were cut up to make them sound like Wright said something that he didnt say then its obvious that you did not hear the whole thing.

I have listed to his whole quote, actually heard the whole sermon in fact (and I mean the whole thing, from hello, to goodbye)... it holds absolutely no merit at all, and the quotes were not taken out of substance by "Fox News"

Old 06-14-2008, 09:14 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,607,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I always thought Neanderthals were a thing of prehistoric lore, the basis of much discussion about the evolution of mankind. Interesting reading about these very, very primitive people. But in 2004, 61 million Neanderthals were uncovered in the United States, identified by their support for the worst man to reside in the oval office in the history of this country. 61 million of these Neanderthals were suckered into believing the Republicans, believing that they only needed four more years to "finish the job." 61 million!

Now, as I stand back and take a gander at John McCain who is truly a pathetic man, I wonder about the preferences of these 61 million Neanderthals. Can they be reasoned with? Are they blind to history in the making here? Are they so blinded by race that they would again support a candidate who has no more business being president than Yosemite Sam?

I have no faith that those Neanderthals are capable of doing the right thing, so I think it's safe to say that Obama will not get the Neanderthal vote. I for one am very glad of that.
It is sad that not everyone can be as sophisticated as you. Only the most evolved of the species can create the argument of calling someone a name. I once saw a child that must have been a savant because he was able to do that at age 4.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections