Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 03:42 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
anyway, who cares about WV? Even Cheney jokes about them (and they are hardcore conservatives). Let them live in poverty and ignorance forever.
Funny. Only 5 of the last 19 elections WV was "red".

They were reliably "Blue" for many years. Voted for Bubba twice. I guess they were the dems/libs hicks and ignorant for quite a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 03:47 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,766,708 times
any democrat election pre-dating the 1960s is moot, as there was the whole divide on what the parties stance was on Civil rights.

Old 06-14-2008, 03:53 PM

938 posts, read 2,900,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
any democrat election pre-dating the 1960s is moot, as there was the whole divide on what the parties stance was on Civil rights.
WV voted for Dukakis for Christ's sake. Please. It's hard to tell who the state will vote for from election to election.

Old 06-14-2008, 04:00 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,404,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post

YouTube - Obama faces racism in West Virginia

I can't believe people still think like this.

Incredible, incredible ignorance here, no doubt. These are among the supporters of McCain. Absolutely appalling.

This country is bottom-heavy with such people.

Old 06-14-2008, 04:33 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,861,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Incredible, incredible ignorance here, no doubt. These are among the supporters of McCain. Absolutely appalling.

This country is bottom-heavy with such people.
yes, absolutely appalling. obvious mccain supporters, even though they admitted to supporting hillary. they took like 5 people out of probably 100 they interviewed. the same thing could be done in any state. I guess that they people of WV have yet to become as enlightened as the people of CA. you know, CA, where they still have this law on the books:

"It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale."

you west coasters certainly are leading the way.

Old 06-14-2008, 04:51 PM

938 posts, read 2,900,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
yes, absolutely appalling. obvious mccain supporters, even though they admitted to supporting hillary. they took like 5 people out of probably 100 they interviewed. the same thing could be done in any state. I guess that they people of WV have yet to become as enlightened as the people of CA. you know, CA, where they still have this law on the books:

"It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale."

you west coasters certainly are leading the way.

Actually, roaming around the WV countryside for hours in search of a drunken hilljack willing to say racist crap on camera is a time honored tradition for the media. We're used to it. They've been doing it since the 19th century at least. We just roll our eyes and hope that people can see through the bull****. Sadly...I guess not. Oh well.

Old 06-14-2008, 05:16 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,795,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUPharm2007 View Post
Ok, so if, according to Rasmussen (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/78_would_vote_for_black_candidate_less_sure_of_fri ends - broken link), 22% of Americans would either not vote for or have reservations about a black presidential candidate and back in May 1 in 5 WV residents said that race was an issue some way in their vote (which includes blacks voting for Obama because he's black, mind you)...then how the hell is WV the racist one?

God I hate people....
Oh yet another angle- because those 1 in 5 were both races, so in effect, anyone voting based on prejudice in both directions nullified each others vote out. Still leaving hillary clinton with an outrageous % of the vote for some odd reason.

California is inbred? NY'rs are a bunch of hicks? Floridians just aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer? No other state in the union gets hack pundits passing off convenient lies about why obama lost, and it's telling how gullibly the far left is to believe them.

Yet another sideline angle- Hillary supporters did not crash gates of obama rallys for the sole purpose of undermining free speech & assembly. They didn't draw bogus cartoons based on stereotypes the way obama camp did. Hillary supporters did not run after WV men complaining that they shouldn't be voting for McCain because 'that's sexist'. Hillary supporters respected everyones right to vote their conscience. And so do West Virginians. Montani semper liberi.

Being black means harrassing white people? Being obnoxious? Whining? Expecting people to be charitable because they're too aloof to earn votes? What are blacks teaching this whole country, and internationally, about what a black person is when they act this way?

MLK would be deeply ashamed of obama supporter conduct, as am I.

Old 06-14-2008, 05:28 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,861,363 times
Quote:
Actually, roaming around the WV countryside for hours in search of a drunken hilljack willing to say racist crap on camera is a time honored tradition for the media. We're used to it. They've been doing it since the 19th century at least. We just roll our eyes and hope that people can see through the bull****. Sadly...I guess not. Oh well.

I lived outside DC most of my life and loved WV. yeah, they have rural areas, but everywhere has rural areas. whether people like to admit it or not, there are people like this in every state, and every country. ignorant voters don't tend to all gather in one place.

Old 06-14-2008, 05:38 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,521,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpy01 View Post
Well, I'm white, I live in WV and I don't support Obama. I suppose the easiest way to explain all that is to call me racist. Whatever. Label me any way you like. Ignore the fact that I'd vote for Colin Powell in a heartbeat over any candidate either party presented this political season. Ignore the countless kids with varying shades of skin who have lived in my home (not a foster parent, I just seem to attract kids who need a temporary home). Ignore everything about the way I've lived my life for almost 50 years and the way I've raised my children for the past 30 years. Call me racist because you can't face the fact that some of us just don't trust your chosen candidate to lead this country.

Because if you can label me as a racist, then you don't have to address the flaws within your own political philosophies.
You are not a racist, you don't like Obama for the same reasons I don't like him, you don't like his stance on the issues. I understand the far lefties on here and the fact they need to call everyone a racist, since they have a very limited vocabulary. You me and everyone else that doesn't support Obama, we are frontwards, THEY are backwards on the far left. They know exactly who they are too!

Old 06-14-2008, 06:07 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,586,421 times
Quote:
I'd vote for a WV candidate over a Chicago candidate any day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections