Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 11:15 AM

12,772 posts, read 8,015,122 times

Advertisements

Check out the recent project by Ron Paul to make real change in the US Political environment. I urge you to sign up if you are interested, it takes 30 seconds...name, email, and zip code are all that is required.

Ron Paul's Campaign For Liberty | The Revolution Continues

The mission of the Campaign for Liberty is to promote and defend the great American principles of individual liberty, constitutional government, sound money, free markets, and a noninterventionist foreign policy, by means of educational and political activity.

The Campaign for Liberty will carry out its mission through the following activities:
  1. Promoting candidates for public office who share our commitment to freedom.
  2. Gaining a foothold in political life at every level of government by expanding our precinct leader program.
  3. Educating the electorate and lobbying against harmful or unconstitutional legislation.
  4. Encouraging the formation of discussion groups and book clubs at the local level to help people learn more about our ideas.
  5. Establishing a speakers bureau to give presentations around the country about the great principles we champion.
  6. Developing materials for homeschooling families, to help them educate their children in history, sound economics, and related fields.
  7. Featuring written as well as video commentaries on the news and issues of the day.
  8. Additional efforts as time and resources allow.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 11:33 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,205,840 times
The blog, so far, is keeping an eye on certain political agendas by DC and the two candidates the media plans to focus all their attention on.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:52 AM

12,772 posts, read 8,015,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
The blog, so far, is keeping an eye on certain political agendas by DC and the two candidates the media plans to focus all their attention on.
Yup, its good to have some commentary from a source that is opposed equally to both candidates.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:54 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,425,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Check out the recent project by Ron Paul to make real change in the US Political environment. I urge you to sign up if you are interested, it takes 30 seconds...name, email, and zip code are all that is required.

Ron Paul's Campaign For Liberty | The Revolution Continues

The mission of the Campaign for Liberty is to promote and defend the great American principles of individual liberty, constitutional government, sound money, free markets, and a noninterventionist foreign policy, by means of educational and political activity.

The Campaign for Liberty will carry out its mission through the following activities:
  1. Promoting candidates for public office who share our commitment to freedom.
  2. Gaining a foothold in political life at every level of government by expanding our precinct leader program.
  3. Educating the electorate and lobbying against harmful or unconstitutional legislation.
  4. Encouraging the formation of discussion groups and book clubs at the local level to help people learn more about our ideas.
  5. Establishing a speakers bureau to give presentations around the country about the great principles we champion.
  6. Developing materials for homeschooling families, to help them educate their children in history, sound economics, and related fields.
  7. Featuring written as well as video commentaries on the news and issues of the day.
  8. Additional efforts as time and resources allow.

I'm glad you posted this - this is what people should be posting; positive things about the candidate of their choice instead of a zillion threads about how Obama/McCain are aliens from another planet. It's a lot more effective.

Ron Paul has a lot of supporters here in Central Florida. As I stated on another thread, I see more Ron Paul posters, bumper stickers than I do McCain and Obama together.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:03 PM

717 posts, read 778,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I'm glad you posted this - this is what people should be posting; positive things about the candidate of their choice instead of a zillion threads about how Obama/McCain are aliens from another planet. It's a lot more effective.

Ron Paul has a lot of supporters here in Central Florida. As I stated on another thread, I see more Ron Paul posters, bumper stickers than I do McCain and Obama together.
How do those people feel about Bob Barr?

Old 06-23-2008, 12:06 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,425,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGIANTS View Post
Honestly, asdie from this forum and occasional news coverage I don't hear anything about him.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:08 PM

10,654 posts, read 18,711,088 times
People need to do some more research on Bob Barr. I did, and it turns out he has changed his position on a ton of issues over and over. Not very reassuring. And funny to Repubs considering him... He is a paid consultant to the dreaded (drum roll please)... ALCU

From what I've read about it him, it seems like he is not a true Libertarian, moreso someone trying to change himself to become a Libertarian to try and take advantage of that growing voting base.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:36 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,205,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGIANTS View Post
I like parts of his stance. Those are the same parts he was on the polar opposite of when he was in Congress. Unfortunately, we don't live in a society where people are able to realize their mistakes and change their positions. Doing so is a sign of weakness and no accountability. Barr made some serious mistakes in his time in Congress. Had he stayed with the Republican party and started to speak out about those votes, I would have more respect for him. Instead, I think he's trying to change his spots for political reasons only.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:42 PM

10,654 posts, read 18,711,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
I like parts of his stance. Those are the same parts he was on the polar opposite of when he was in Congress. Unfortunately, we don't live in a society where people are able to realize their mistakes and change their positions. Doing so is a sign of weakness and no accountability. Barr made some serious mistakes in his time in Congress. Had he stayed with the Republican party and started to speak out about those votes, I would have more respect for him. Instead, I think he's trying to change his spots for political reasons only.
If it was just one or two issues he changed on, I could accept it. But he changed his views drastically in a short period of time, which is why I agree, I think he is doing it for political reasons only.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:45 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,844,732 times
I supported Ron Paul in the MI primary and I signed up on his latest campaign for liberty site. I'm voting for Bob Barr because he comes closest to Paul's positions on a range of issues; NAFTA, immigration, less government and less government spending. I wouldn't be surprised if many Paul supporters are voting for Barr.

Bar none. It's Bob Barr for president 08
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections