Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 12:03 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,861,363 times

Advertisements

big difference in going looking for trouble and trouble finding you. when trouble finds me, trouble gets smashed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Hmmm let me be sure that if we do go have a beer we go to some uppity place. I can see if we go to a corner bar and a fight breaks out because some drunk wants one, you will go running and leave me to fend for myself. Geeez never go to war with you. Yeah you will pay your share for the beer but thats it. Wow oh wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 12:06 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,071,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
big difference in going looking for trouble and trouble finding you. when trouble finds me, trouble gets smashed.
What if it finds those you are with? That is another question. Now based on a previous post can you assure me this will be a bar with woman?

Old 07-24-2008, 12:11 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,861,363 times
to be honest, if someone I am with goes looking for trouble, I don't defend that behavior. but if it is unprovoked action, trouble gets broken legs. based on what previous post can I assure you that this will be a bar with women? I would assume it would be a bar with men and women. I am unaware of any same sex only bars. what is this? iran?

Quote:
What if it finds those you are with? That is another question. Now based on a previous post can you assure me this will be a bar with woman?

Old 07-24-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
to be honest, if someone I am with goes looking for trouble, I don't defend that behavior. but if it is unprovoked action, trouble gets broken legs. based on what previous post can I assure you that this will be a bar with women? I would assume it would be a bar with men and women. I am unaware of any same sex only bars. what is this? iran?
Something we were kidding about in a previous post and I never saw your response. I think it was before I went away. Forget it if you don't remember.

Obama is forcing McCain to burn money and to work harder this early in the campaign by now forcing the foreign policy debate on a more equal platform.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:15 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,935,825 times
Quote:
A great message that the Republicans may want to remember. Are they happy with the trip the goaded Obama into? MSNBC is doing a piece on it right now. Showing the Obama backdrop in Israel and McCain in a supermarket standing in front of cheese. Not a good week for McCain but they demanded that he go. How it plays with the American people is to be determined but it certainly has elevated Obama with world leaders and given him relationships to work with as events move forward.
One thing I can say for Obama's group is that if he does not get elected they can always form a marketing/promotion company. They do put on quite a show. Any organization that can fool as many people as they have and put up an image for a person with so little substance would rule the world of sales/marketing. I have raised my children to remember that all important philosophy of Caveat emptor. Too bad my children are wiser than the Obamatrons.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
One thing I can say for Obama's group is that if he does not get elected they can always form a marketing/promotion company. They do put on quite a show. Any organization that can fool as many people as they have and put up an image for a person with so little substance would rule the world of sales/marketing. I have raised my children to remember that all important philosophy of Caveat emptor. Too bad my children are wiser than the Obamatrons.
Well if he is fooling so many smart people that should make you wonder how much of it is mirrors.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:23 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,935,825 times
Quote:
And do you feel confident that his organizational skills will improve in the White House? Can he run a better administration?

With due respect for your sincerity, you appear to have gotten way too close to the Kool Aid punch bowl if you really feel that way. If you can't see that this is all about an image created, and I might say skillfully done, you have truly been caught up in the moment. You have left your intelligence by the wayside to only replace it with hope and desperation for change at any cost. Again I say this in a non-threatening way. I just wish that people could see Obama for what he truly is instead of what they so desperately hope he is, or will become.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:25 PM

What I find fascinating is that so many smart people are missing the key part of his speech and audience of his speech. This was a speech to his liberal left base that believes in globalization and was feeling he was abandoning their postion. This is reassuring to those worried about his move to the middle. It will play well with all of the college students who are on summer break and will need to be energized when they return to campus.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
With due respect for your sincerity, you appear to have gotten way too close to the Kool Aid punch bowl if you really feel that way. If you can't see that this is all about an image created, and I might say skillfully done, you have truly been caught up in the moment. You have left your intelligence by the wayside to only replace it with hope and desperation for change at any cost. Again I say this in a non-threatening way. I just wish that people could see Obama for what he truly is instead of what they so desperately hope he is, or will become.
Obama began building his primary run team years ago and was able to make a smooth tranisiton to the general election because he had long since been prepared if he won. November to January is shorter for a winning candidate who is replacing a president of the opposite party. He will be making virtually all new political appointments which are in the thousands. McCain has the luxury of being able to retain many of the current Republican appointments. That is a tremendous difference would you not agree or is the logic of my post driven by brain supplement kool aid?

Old 07-24-2008, 07:33 PM

Mark Nickolas' Blog: McCain Outrage Over Obama Assembling Transition Team...Even Though Bush Assembled One In Summer 2000

But beyond their bloviating over process that the public doesn't care about, allow me to point out an August 2000 story in the New York Daily News:

Meanwhile, spokesman Ari Fleischer confirmed to the Daily News that Bush has assembled a transition team to plan for Bush's election as President.

"It's fair to say both campaigns have just-in-case transition operations ready to be formed," Fleischer said. "You prepare, but you sure don't want to jinx anything."

Fleischer refused to say who is heading the operation for Bush or how closely the governor is involved in the effort.

A Gore aide confirmed that the vice president also has a transition team.

Hmmm. So, Bush, Gore, and Obama think that transition planning is a good thing. McCain thinks it's about planning parties.

The B Team is apparently alive and well over at McCain HQ...

So Obama, Bush and Gore got it but McCain asleep at the switch again? He still is struggling to get his general election team in place and keep them in place. His primary team collapsed last summer. What is so hard to understand that he has trouble with big picture organization?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections