Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 10:25 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,053,820 times

Advertisements

A great message that the Republicans may want to remember. Are they happy with the trip the goaded Obama into? MSNBC is doing a piece on it right now. Showing the Obama backdrop in Israel and McCain in a supermarket standing in front of cheese. Not a good week for McCain but they demanded that he go. How it plays with the American people is to be determined but it certainly has elevated Obama with world leaders and given him relationships to work with as events move forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 10:27 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,815,466 times
I bet McCain goes on a South America or East Asia tour after he's done shopping for cheese.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:30 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,066,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
A great message that the Republicans may want to remember. Are they happy with the trip the goaded Obama into? MSNBC is doing a piece on it right now. Showing the Obama backdrop in Israel and McCain in a supermarket standing in front of cheese. Not a good week for McCain but they demanded that he go. How it plays with the American people is to be determined but it certainly has elevated Obama with world leaders and given him relationships to work with as events move forward.
OMG, what great symbolism....McCain and his sleazy cheesy campaign! Besides, a dirty rat like JM loves to eat cheeeeeze!

Yep, they ragged on Obama as being "weak" on foreign policy matters. Hah! Joke is on JM and the GOP. Obama is turning in one hell of a great trip, a true tour de force, and has the world eating out of his hand.

Landslide Obama!

Old 07-24-2008, 10:30 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Excellent point. I remember McCain trying to bully Obama into coming along and letting the big boys show him around the place.

This makes me feel all warm and fuzzy:
May 30, 2008 - John McCain may have discovered the key to beating Barack Obama this November. And that key is two magic words: “join me.”

The Arizona senator and presumptive Republican presidential nominee drew blood by using them this week.

McCain invited Illinois Sen. Obama, his presumptive Democratic rival, to “join me” in visiting American troops and commanders in Iraq. As a gambit in America’s political chess, grandmaster McCain’s move was so brilliant that it left Obama nearly speechless and floundering.

Newsmax.com - Obama Floored by McCain's Iraq Invite (http://www.newsmax.com/lowell_ponte/barack_obama_mccain/2008/05/30/100168.html - broken link)

Old 07-24-2008, 10:35 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I agree - the Republican push (including that here on this board) to get Obama overseas is almost certain to play out in favor of Obama now that he's taken them up on their challenge - and thus against McCain.

It's looking like yet another mis-step on the part of the Republicans.

Ken

Old 07-24-2008, 10:48 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
On the contrary, his positions on Israel, Iraq, the surge have shown it takes more than nice staging and photo-op to acquire CIC credentials. The American people aren't fools - they can certainly see the stagecraft and fakeness the Obama campaign is try to perpetrate. His presumptiousness knows no bounds, and that doesn't sit well with the electorate.

According to recent polls (see new thread) he is getting no "bump" out of this.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:56 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,414,511 times
I think you guys are off. It looks to me like it's the same thing that's been going on: Dems think whatever he does is wonderful. Reps thinks it's weak.

I don't think it's going to have an impact on polls... and it might of been a couple weeks too late. It sounds like victory over the insurgency has been accomplished, so the Iraq question is much less serious. Yeah, I guess that's how I see it. He moved to slow.

However, McCain and cheese isn't the best backdrop. I'd agree McCain doesn't appear to have used this last week well.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:00 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
He moved to slow.

However, McCain and cheese isn't the best backdrop. I'd agree McCain doesn't appear to have used this last week well.
He needs to scoot over to Rove's office and demand new handlers immediately! This is really embarrassing, the pick-a-song candy website, the golf cart, the cheese aisle.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:07 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,053,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
On the contrary, his positions on Israel, Iraq, the surge have shown it takes more than nice staging and photo-op to acquire CIC credentials. The American people aren't fools - they can certainly see the stagecraft and fakeness the Obama campaign is try to perpetrate. His presumptiousness knows no bounds, and that doesn't sit well with the electorate.

According to recent polls (see new thread) he is getting no "bump" out of this.
Come on read the poll results and it doesn't really include this trip and talks about the last month as also points out that off shore drilling was the key issue not Iraq. You posted the poll and you know that from having digested it in its entirety.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:07 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,854,688 times
barack obama is popular around the globe like britney spears was big around the globe. both pathetic and unoriginal, but force fed to the masses by media spoons. *yawn* wake me up when it's over, or the media has something new and interesting to report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections