Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 12:37 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,495,924 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I didn't take "your boy" as racist either.

Now Obama's baby mama? As FoxNews displayed? Absolutely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 12:45 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,034,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Yeah remember when McCain asked Obama to accompany him on a trip to Iraq? I truly believe McCain would gain stature [no pun intended] by being in Obama's presence [ie both addressing the crowds in Europe]. Sorry, but this is politics, bud.

Keep complaining & see how much sympathy the GOP gets. The world is against Republicans & they want to pout
I don't follow your first paragraph. What does that mean? I do remember McCain suggesting they go over and meet Gen Petraus. I'm not following your point.

How was I complaining?

Who is pouting? Plenty of people are taking note that the media is not living up to any real journalistic standards in this race. Oh, well. It is what it is. In the end I think the slavering media are turning off some undecideds.

The world is against Republicans? Okay. I think "the left" is against republicans would be more accurate.

Checked out the latest polls today. Virtual dead heat. You guys do understand how he is not benefitting from anything he does lately? His world tour seems to have accomplished little other than to show how shallow he is. That "now's the time" speech was pretty vapid by any account. Wonder why he had to drag that line back into the spotlight? Couldn't his speech writers think of anything fresh?

Old 07-25-2008, 01:12 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,616,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
I don't follow your first paragraph. What does that mean? I do remember McCain suggesting they go over and meet Gen Petraus. I'm not following your point.

How was I complaining?

Who is pouting? Plenty of people are taking note that the media is not living up to any real journalistic standards in this race. Oh, well. It is what it is. In the end I think the slavering media are turning off some undecideds.

The world is against Republicans? Okay. I think "the left" is against republicans would be more accurate.

Checked out the latest polls today. Virtual dead heat. You guys do understand how he is not benefitting from anything he does lately? His world tour seems to have accomplished little other than to show how shallow he is. That "now's the time" speech was pretty vapid by any account. Wonder why he had to drag that line back into the spotlight? Couldn't his speech writers think of anything fresh?
Keep in mind that Obama is smart & can't seem to make a mistake. Can't claim the same for McCain. Frankly, I don't believe that Obama is intentionally out-foxing McCain.

I disagree with you. The GOP operatives are saying the same thing that President Bush has given the party a huge black eye that is recognized world-wide. Even if McCain wasn't experiencing gaffe's\ memory problems he would lose in this election. McCain is running against both Obama & Bush [the president's drag is very heavy

Old 07-25-2008, 01:22 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,857,057 times
you are not willing to let it go by? well, no one asked you. calling barack obama boy isn't racist, it's called racist by people who refuse to define the term racist. also, look at the context of how it was used. give me a break. your reaching for something that isn't there. barack obama wouldn't consider it racist because it isn't, not because he has some sort of invisible class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
In My Oppinion, when the term "boy" is used in a disrespectful manner to describe a black man it is always racist. It is the term that was used at lynchings, at whippings, by police before brutalizing and beating blacks. The defense that it was used in the 60's ..... well that isnt ancient history.

"Boy" has been used to emasculate, demean and marginalize black men. I don't think Obama would make an issue of that type of thing....he has too much class. But I am not willing to let it go by. Words that have been used to defame and hurt and humiliate don't lose their capacity to sting. It would be like referring to Hillary as "your girl". There is no need of that.

McCain and Barr are not black....they are not marginalize by the term.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:08 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,034,056 times
Quote:
Keep in mind that Obama is smart & can't seem to make a mistake. Can't claim the same for McCain. Frankly, I don't believe that Obama is intentionally out-foxing McCain.

I disagree with you. The GOP operatives are saying the same thing that President Bush has given the party a huge black eye that is recognized world-wide. Even if McCain wasn't experiencing gaffe's\ memory problems he would lose in this election. McCain is running against both Obama & Bush [the president's drag is very heavy
You fellers that have a crush on Obama have it bad, don't you?

Obama is making plenty of mistakes, and the media is not holding his feet to the flame. That will eventually change. The debates are going to drag this party back to reality. Obama will have to answer tough questions with no teleprompter or script. McCain, though you think by calling him dumb makes it so, is very agile in a debate situation. Answer this please: Why won't Obama do more than the very minimal # of debates? You can't say it's because he's so far ahead he doesn't need to. It is a virtual dead heat. HE IS AFRAID TO HAVE TO ANSWER DIRECT QUESTIONS. Platitudes will be useless or recognized for what they are in a direct question/answer session. I can just see it now...Barry ummmming and ahhhhing, trying to search for the right answer without giving his real opinions away, then throwing in a silly HOPE or CHANGE mantra. That's not going to fly. McCain will make him look like an earnest, but silly high school debater. I can just see Charlie Gibson, glasses perched on the end of his nose trying not to show his amusement when B.O. starts the never ending answers that answer no question. You do recall how poorly he did at that last debate with HC? The questions are going to be MUCH TOUGHER. Whoever gets to moderate the debates is going to go for ratings and they aren't going to bother asking about flag pens this go around.

I think you are very, very misguided when you say that McCain is running against Obama and Bush. That is what the left is selling, but in the end it is simply false. This election will be about how many people trust Obama. When the voters get in that voting booth and pull the curtain shut they will have to answer that question. Who to trust McCain or Obama. I'm sure there will be a lot of young idealistic people that will trust him, I'm sure some on the far left hate Bush and republicans so much they will vote for him....But the vast majority of Americans, even some dems will answer that trust question with voting for J.M.

Of course I don't have a magic 8 ball...but in the end McCain is the more trustworthy because we KNOW him. Barry is all smoke and mirrors and even those are starting to get a bit old.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
You fellers that have a crush on Obama have it bad, don't you?

Obama is making plenty of mistakes, and the media is not holding his feet to the flame. That will eventually change. The debates are going to drag this party back to reality. Obama will have to answer tough questions with no teleprompter or script. McCain, though you think by calling him dumb makes it so, is very agile in a debate situation. Answer this please: Why won't Obama do more than the very minimal # of debates? You can't say it's because he's so far ahead he doesn't need to. It is a virtual dead heat. HE IS AFRAID TO HAVE TO ANSWER DIRECT QUESTIONS. Platitudes will be useless or recognized for what they are in a direct question/answer session. I can just see it now...Barry ummmming and ahhhhing, trying to search for the right answer without giving his real opinions away, then throwing in a silly HOPE or CHANGE mantra. That's not going to fly. McCain will make him look like an earnest, but silly high school debater. I can just see Charlie Gibson, glasses perched on the end of his nose trying not to show his amusement when B.O. starts the never ending answers that answer no question. You do recall how poorly he did at that last debate with HC? The questions are going to be MUCH TOUGHER. Whoever gets to moderate the debates is going to go for ratings and they aren't going to bother asking about flag pens this go around.

I think you are very, very misguided when you say that McCain is running against Obama and Bush. That is what the left is selling, but in the end it is simply false. This election will be about how many people trust Obama. When the voters get in that voting booth and pull the curtain shut they will have to answer that question. Who to trust McCain or Obama. I'm sure there will be a lot of young idealistic people that will trust him, I'm sure some on the far left hate Bush and republicans so much they will vote for him....But the vast majority of Americans, even some dems will answer that trust question with voting for J.M.

Of course I don't have a magic 8 ball...but in the end McCain is the more trustworthy because we KNOW him. Barry is all smoke and mirrors and even those are starting to get a bit old.
Dream on & maybe you will wake up on November 5th & realize how wrong you are. Will you admit it?

Old 07-25-2008, 05:42 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,860,900 times
Quote:
Dream on & maybe you will wake up on November 5th & realize how wrong you are. Will you admit it?
Snappy retort. Yes, indeed I shall admit that who ever wins, wins.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Snappy retort. Yes, indeed I shall admit that who ever wins, wins.
Good for you. It would be a shame to get too bummed out by the outcome.

Old 07-26-2008, 01:05 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,063,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Well, following this line of thought Barry could really stress McCain out by doing a lot of debates and 1 on 1 town hall meetings all over the country...Oh, I forgot. That was what JM wanted to do. Barry is too chicken to do that.

You guys are starting to grasp at staws....and your boy is looking awfully shallow.
And that is another way of playing with his mind. Keeping the imagery of McCain in small venues with older audiences while Obama plays in larger ones with younger audiences.

tick tock can you say 200,000 and can you say supermarket aisle.

Old 07-26-2008, 01:10 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,063,691 times
It appears that the Obama campaign is playing with the minds of more then just McCain.

tick tock tick tock. As the McCain campaign becomes angrier can the candidate be to far behind?

Can the McCain psyche at this stage handle it for the long haul?

Is McCain ready for his possible legacy and place in the history books?

You know if Obama wins he will be one of the most famous defeated candidates in history! Can he handle that without popping?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections