Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 02:38 PM

29,917 posts, read 39,554,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
what a hoot, knowing that he crashed FIVE planes in his short aviation career

John McCain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You living in a glass house.....what's your record like with aviation air craft?

"McCain retired from the Navy in April 1981[64] as a captain.[65] He was designated as disabled and awarded a disability pension.[66] Upon leaving the military, he moved to Arizona. His seventeen military awards and decorations include the Silver Star, Legion of Merit, Distinguished Flying Cross, Bronze Star and Navy Commendation Medal, for actions before, during, and after his time as a POW.[65]"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 02:42 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,201,217 times
False Outrage, aisle 1.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:50 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,257,921 times
Looks like Obama's photo is just a candid one, with his logo behind him.

The McCain ad is blatantly cheesy...and downright scary. There will be less peace in this world if McCain is elected to 3rd Bush term.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:10 PM

29,917 posts, read 39,554,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post

The McCain ad is blatantly cheesy...and downright scary. There will be less peace in this world if McCain is elected to 3rd Bush term.

If Obama is to bring peace to the world what happened with IL? Why isn't it a peaceful happy flower filled wonderland....

The facts are as long as people inhabit this earth their will be no peace. Blame it on jealousy or envy or greed whatever the case....

Old 08-04-2008, 04:57 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,353,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post

McCain's Saintly New Poster

What a hypocrite.

If you look at Mccain as a politician . Its been an average career he hasnt done much .
He has soaked his military past for all its worth and still continues to do so.

He has a right to do it but that doesnt make a a good leader nor politician. Not saying Obama would be better but Mccains history in politics has been same ole same ole .

Nothing to offer so he falls back on the military time after time .

Old 08-04-2008, 05:04 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,257,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
The facts are as long as people inhabit this earth their will be no peace. Blame it on jealousy or envy or greed whatever the case....
Unfortunately, what you say is true...but, if we work in our own families, then in our communities, we can up the percentage of peace and make our country a more positive place to live.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:07 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,886,634 times
good point. he is very average, as the entire senate has been. his career experience in washington is nothing to brag about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
If you look at Mccain as a politician . Its been an average career he hasnt done much .
He has soaked his military past for all its worth and still continues to do so.

He has a right to do it but that doesnt make a a good leader nor politician. Not saying Obama would be better but Mccains history in politics has been same ole same ole .

Nothing to offer so he falls back on the military time after time .

Old 08-04-2008, 05:09 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,886,634 times
no, it will be the exact same if obama is elected. he will spread hatred for the US all over the world, just like mccain, just like bush, just like any candidate that would spend one nickel of american tax payer dollar overseas. obama would be like bush's 3rd term as well unfortunately, but younger, and half black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post

Old 08-04-2008, 06:10 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,667,773 times
Quote:
Thats pretty despicable. The man serves his entire life for his country and this is what you get out of that?

Let me guess you support Obama and his exquisite military record.
I'm actually a registered republican who plans to vote for Obama I'm stating a fact and find it baffling that a man who stands on his military experience doesn't discuss the MAJOR military mishaps as well. There are 600 plus pages missing from his military file and I wonder why that is. I also question SOME things about his military career due to the fact of who is father was. These are just things that make me say hmmmmm and as an American I am blessed with the right to express them

My father served in Vietnam as well, I don't discount the man's service there. I do discount his actions after he returned (dumping his crippled wife and children for an heiress) and I discount him for Keating 5, and I discount him for sounding like an old fool these past couple of months. I don't expect you or anyone else to agree with me and I applaud your right to think/vote for whomever you choose.

I just found it ironic that his poster showed airplanes in the background when he had such a hard time keeping them up in the air. It makes me question why he was allowed to keep flying. I spent quite a lot of time with some of the old F16 guys at MacDill AFB in the early 90s. Guys who crash planes don't go over to well with their bosses. Guys that crash 5 airplanes can only be flying because Daddy makes it so.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:58 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,133,205 times
McCain dumped the crippled wife who waited for him, raising their kids alone, while he was a POW. He then married the mob princess who was worth a few million and looked like a barbie doll.

Her mob father bought him his election and the mob money has provided him with the benefit of never having to worry about working for a living. His senate health care has also made it possible for him to never worry about his health care.

Which is fortunate because he has had many reoccurences of cancer. And, even more worrying, his mental capacity seems to be taking a sharp dive. I am not just being snarky when I say that I truly, truly believe we are seeing the onset of Alzheimers in a man who's finger will be on the red button. I could be, and hope I am, wrong. But I have seen the onset of the terrible disease too often to not recognize the signs.

And that may account for the fact that he seems to have forgotten every view and opinion he once held that made him respected by people of various political stripes. He appears to have lost both his memory and his honor.

I do respect what he suffered as a POW. But my late husband was also a Viet Nam hero and, had he returned after I had struggled to raise our children alone all those years and then dumped me for a blond mob princess, he would NOT be running for president. He'd just be running.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections