Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 05:05 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,583,387 times

Advertisements

LOL @ the liberal complaints.

moveon.org anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 06:11 AM

280 posts, read 686,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris19 View Post
The swiftboating book about Obama is just plain garbage and is a move by the GOP and the conservative to plain mean and dirty games to spread nasty nonsense. Swiftboaters against Obama make me vommit. I know that most Amercians can see past the haze and distortions made by the swiftboaters and the wacked out conservatives (who think that they should hoard power and money) and vote with their best judgment. The swiftboaters pissed me off in 2004 with their distortions of John Kerry and they and McCain's negative tone (where in the hell is the straight talk express? It looks like that it is the filthy talk express) are annoying and ticks me off even more.

Are you seriously an Obama supporter who wants "straight talk"? If so, you better start looking for another candidate to back.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:23 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
It's a mistake to write an autobiography if you are a politician, in my opinion. You can't dispute facts that don't jive with what you wrote in your book without it looking like a cover up or lies (as a testament to your character) and everyone will want to know why you had to create composite "characters" and either omitted or glossed over some things in your life (those omissions will be automatically scrutinized). You know, if a movie star writes an autobiography and glosses over 20 years of wife-beating, for example, by saying "I was mean to my wife," the fans buying the book want to believe it means he told her, her pot roast didn't taste good because who else would read the book except fans of the actor. With a politician, you can't get away with the same stuff in an autobiography because the readers aren't just fans. Someone will attempt to find out exactly what you meant.

And not to pile on, or anything, but it looks like yet another Obama rookie mistake. I'm not through with Obama Nation but so far, Corsi is making his case against Obama's own words (or lack of them) in his autobiography.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:20 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
It's a mistake to write an autobiography if you are a politician, in my opinion. You can't dispute facts that don't jive with what you wrote in your book without it looking like a cover up or lies (as a testament to your character) and everyone will want to know why you had to create composite "characters" and either omitted or glossed over some things in your life (those omissions will be automatically scrutinized). You know, if a movie star writes an autobiography and glosses over 20 years of wife-beating, for example, by saying "I was mean to my wife," the fans buying the book want to believe it means he told her, her pot roast didn't taste good because who else would read the book except fans of the actor. With a politician, you can't get away with the same stuff in an autobiography because the readers aren't just fans. Someone will attempt to find out exactly what you meant.
Yes indeed. A perfect example is John McCain's egregious "mistake" in his memoir, in which he states, "'I was separated from Carol, but our divorce would not become final until February of 1980.'
An examination of court documents tells a different story. McCain did not sue his wife for divorce until Feb. 19, 1980, and he wrote in his court petition that he and his wife had "cohabited" until Jan. 7 of that year -- or for the first nine months of his relationship with Hensley.

Although McCain suggested in his autobiography that months passed between his divorce and remarriage, the divorce was granted April 2, 1980, and he wed Hensley in a private ceremony five weeks later. McCain obtained an Arizona marriage license on March 6, 1980, while still legally married to his first wife.

McCain's broken marriage and fractured Reagan friendship - Los Angeles Times
This wacky date mixup was one of McCain's several rookie mistakes, along with not knowing bribes and influence-peddling are bad.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:28 AM

280 posts, read 686,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Yes indeed. A perfect example is John McCain's egregious "mistake" in his memoir, in which he states, "'I was separated from Carol, but our divorce would not become final until February of 1980.'
An examination of court documents tells a different story. McCain did not sue his wife for divorce until Feb. 19, 1980, and he wrote in his court petition that he and his wife had "cohabited" until Jan. 7 of that year -- or for the first nine months of his relationship with Hensley.

Although McCain suggested in his autobiography that months passed between his divorce and remarriage, the divorce was granted April 2, 1980, and he wed Hensley in a private ceremony five weeks later. McCain obtained an Arizona marriage license on March 6, 1980, while still legally married to his first wife.

McCain's broken marriage and fractured Reagan friendship - Los Angeles Times
This wacky date mixup was one of McCain's several rookie mistakes, along with not knowing bribes and influence-peddling are bad.
If thats the harshest criticism of McCain he is in good shape. Compared to Obama lying about his radical, anti American background, friends and agenda, McCain looks like a saint. As far as influence peddling lets talk about Obama and Rezko, the money, the grants, the foreclosures and Obama's poor consitituents in Rezko/Obama properties with no heat in the middle of a Chicago winter. Oh yeah and the little fact that Tony and Rita made it possible finacially for Barry and Michelle to buy that big old mansion that they so desperately needed.

Last edited by HouseFullaBoys; 08-14-2008 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: type-o

Old 08-14-2008, 08:30 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,597,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
I would love to see Karl Rove and this guy get together
and they can go get married in california

everyone knows republicans are flaming homosexuals. thanks for confirming it

Old 08-14-2008, 01:17 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,731,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone666 View Post
Here's one thing we know about Obama: He's maintained control of his image -- but just barely. It's all out there -- the rumors, the innuendos, the outright dirty vile hatred -- at just enough volume to register, yet just quietly enough to be ignored.

That might be about to change. (Flashbacks, anyone?) Jerome Corsi is back, this time with anti-Obama screed that's rocketing up the charts and bouncing through the talk radio/Website echo chamber faster than it can be fact-checked away.

The book is set to debut at No 1. on The New York Times bestseller list. (And you thought Democrats were worried about the direction of Obama's campaign before?)
ABC News: Note: New Bestseller 'Swift Boats' Obama
If a candidate projects an image that doesn't square with the facts is it unfair to reveal those inconvenient facts? For example John Edwards tried to project an image of the faithful husband totally supportive of his wife in her time of need. Was it unfair of The Enquirer to burst that image by revealing the fact of his infidelity? Similarly John Kerry wanted to project the image of a war hero. The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth knew otherwise and published the facts about their war time service with Kerry. Was that unfair? Not in my book. Similarly Obama wants to project an image of this guy raised with Kansas values. If the facts are otherwise, why is it unfair to disclose those facts that don't square with the manufactured image?

Old 08-14-2008, 04:04 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,478 times
Anyone who is falling for the scams that Obama is tossing out shouldn't be trashing right wing information sites because they are not intelligent enough to know right from wrong and show the same POOR JUDGEMENT their fake leader has shown us all.

Wake up, the man is a fake and you have fallen for it.

Just for your information, people who know what Obama is all about make decisions based on his history and other information available to them, something liberals should learn is the rep party holds their people accountable and when they step out of line they pay the price, if a liberal steps out of line you all stand and cheer like it is something great.

Again, the liberal party is the party of no morals and no real values. Know wonder he has easily suckered most of you. Your an easy target being weak. He is going to hold your hand until election day and then he will go off in history as someone who was the man who divided the country beyond repair even when he lost.

I feel very sorry for you Obama followers, your in denial.

Obama is a scam artist and a darn good one.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:17 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Corsi's screed is on the NY Times bestseller list because radical wingnut "think tanks" funded by guys like Richard Mellon Scaife have prepaid for truckloads of this trash.

Defining Obama 24/7
The same could be said for your side. Both count as voters

Old 08-14-2008, 04:20 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,921,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseFullaBoys View Post
Are you seriously an Obama supporter who wants "straight talk"? If so, you better start looking for another candidate to back.
Hell no. I like Obama a whole lot better than McCain and think that McCain is just as crooked as a number of the Republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections