Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 10:51 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,460,378 times

Advertisements

Looking for photos of McCain with a minority (who is not a member of the Congress, the U.S. judiciary, or the Executive Branch) taken he won the nomination. That is, since all his competitors bowed out of the race.

I want to give the guy a fair break.

Please post the URLs only of your findings in this thread.

I've only found two so far.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/...0/33131342.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_7XNUQW-HlQQ/SJ...tjVNTfPU/p.JPG

This one also doesn't count. Ellen Degeneres is a lesbian (minority) but is a celebrity. Those don't count either.
http://www.ichatgay.com/img_blog/1191.jpg

Last edited by ParkTwain; 08-13-2008 at 11:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 12:04 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Why. Will it actually prove something or just help support an unfounded accusation to bolster a prejudice against John McCain.

I socialize with minorities (no celebrities however) but never thought to have my picture taken to provide evidence of my Diversity Good Guy Credentials.

While you're at it, get a speech where the Christian church member Obama proclaims that the only way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ. That's the basis for Christian belief.

After all, he attended the same Christian church for many years.

Last edited by doc1; 08-14-2008 at 12:12 AM..

Old 08-14-2008, 05:40 AM

454 posts, read 748,822 times
Why is this important?

Old 08-14-2008, 06:18 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,944,197 times
I think this is a reference to when the republicans sent some women dressed in muslim head scarves to one of Obama's speeches. Remember? They demanded they be seated directly behind Obama (and thus be in the picture), then made a big fuss about how they were snubbed. And, of course, if they had been in the photo the republicans would have jumped all over it, insisting this somehow proved Obama is Muslim and obviously would be favoring muslims.

You never see McCain with homeless people sitting behind him during his speeches, either... but they try to make a big deal of that with Obama.

The whole thing is moronic, and I think most people see through it. That's why it's usually considered a non issue.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:20 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Why don't you put up pictures of McCain as POW which he was for 5 years...if you have nothing better to do and want to make a point....maybe you can put pics of Obama on vacation and Pelosi promoting her book while others are waiting for a discussion about drilling for oil.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:40 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Looking for photos of McCain with a minority (who is not a member of the Congress, the U.S. judiciary, or the Executive Branch) taken he won the nomination.

You mean, like his adopted daughter, Bridget, from Bangladesh?

Just do a Google Image search on Bridget McCain.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:47 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
You mean something like the way Obama has white folks with him all the time?
I have never seen so many white folks in ads before and he always finds "little white grandmas" and "middle-aged" white women hugging him like they were best buds.
Do you think with all these white folks coming out Obama's ears that will somehow cause white folks to want to vote for him??
I always think of the saying, "some of my best friends are white"
yea, right bucko!
Not all of us are on the Obama train and are waving as it leaves!!
I OWN MY VOTE.COM

Old 08-14-2008, 08:06 AM

454 posts, read 748,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
I think this is a reference to when the republicans sent some women dressed in muslim head scarves to one of Obama's speeches. Remember? They demanded they be seated directly behind Obama (and thus be in the picture), then made a big fuss about how they were snubbed. And, of course, if they had been in the photo the republicans would have jumped all over it, insisting this somehow proved Obama is Muslim and obviously would be favoring muslims.

You never see McCain with homeless people sitting behind him during his speeches, either... but they try to make a big deal of that with Obama.

The whole thing is moronic, and I think most people see through it. That's why it's usually considered a non issue.
You Obama people amaze me at times.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:18 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
You mean something like the way Obama has white folks with him all the time?
I have never seen so many white folks in ads before and he always finds "little white grandmas" and "middle-aged" white women hugging him like they were best buds.
Do you think with all these white folks coming out Obama's ears that will somehow cause white folks to want to vote for him??
Wow!!

You're really tuned in to Senator Obama's ads! Good for you. Very interesting how you point out his diversity too, nice to see a candidate reach out isn't it?

Old 08-14-2008, 09:19 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,944,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnari View Post
You Obama people amaze me at times.
Yes, it's amazing that people see through this stuff, isn't it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections