Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 10:36 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,512,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
What's the problem here? At the other thread I pointed out to you that Obama's grandmother obviously didnt make much money because her grandson qualified for financial aid to go to his good high school.

CBS News called her apt building "nondescript," I also spent time typing to tell you. It is NOT a "luxury condo."

She worked her way up to be a VP in a local bank and retired in 1986. She never graduated from college.

You never went back to that thread I notice. How come?

Jumping over to a new thread and spewing the same lies doesnt make them suddenly true.

There you go again....soooooo sure YOU have all the answers.

I did not run to this post because you proved me wrong.... this post was made before I encountered your painfully incorrect attitude at the other post. Check the posting times....or choose to remain uninformed, your call.

I do not feel the need to come back to your challenges as you are an Obama lemming and that is obvious.... So be it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 10:39 AM

280 posts, read 688,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
I find it incredible in a world where we have families destroyed for many reasons in the US that when a person has managed to rise to the top and still has close relationships to his family that the "Family Values" crowd is now criticizing him for being a family man. I guess the "Family Values" crowd actually means that they are for adultery that leads to the formation of multiple families or something. I do not get it.
The fact that he has a realtionship with his wife and grandmother is not the issue. The fact that he said he would rely on them to be his presidential advisors is the issue. Maybe he didn't understand the question, I don't think that would be his response if he really heard the question. I can't imagine that he gets a call that Iran has just nuked Israel, and his first instinct is to call Granny.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:14 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,277,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
There you go again....soooooo sure YOU have all the answers.
They're links and quotes. I didnt write them.

Quote:
I did not run to this post because you proved me wrong.... this post was made before I encountered your painfully incorrect attitude at the other post. Check the posting times....or choose to remain uninformed, your call.
? You posted at 7:55 and 8:15 am, today.

Quote:
I do not feel the need to come back to your challenges as you are an Obama lemming and that is obvious.... So be it...
Haha, you all wind up saying that

No, tell the truth. You had guzzled down the ol' Kool-Aid and were spewing it out all over the place, telling insane lies, and I called you on them. That's all. Relax. You seem like a different person than you did this morning btw, now you're all periods and lower case letters and whatnot. What made the difference?

Old 08-17-2008, 11:20 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,227,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
I find it incredible in a world where we have families destroyed for many reasons in the US that when a person has managed to rise to the top and still has close relationships to his family that the "Family Values" crowd is now criticizing him for being a family man. I guess the "Family Values" crowd actually means that they are for adultery that leads to the formation of multiple families or something. I do not get it.

Excuse me,I am NOT of the "family values" crowd and I do not hold adultery near and dear, what a bigoted statement to make.
I have been a democrat all my life
I was taken back that he would name Michelle and his Grandmother as the two out of three people he would use as helping him "make decisions" when in the White House.
My 90 year old Mother, also a life-long democrat got a chuckle this morning about that.
I told her, "sorry, as much as I love you, if I were president and was making a decision on going to war, I would not call you, but I would call my military advisors "
Obama was not very smart last night. He came off as lofty as usual which is one of the reasons I do not like him. He was out of his element because he was not in his usual crowd of freaks.
Obama is on a fast track back to the senate come Nov. due to statements like he made last night.
And he will be completely shocked, too bad, he has been give a chance to make really do something and he is throwing it away with both hands.
He needs to come out of the clowds and get some of that humility he was talking about last night and get real with folks.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:23 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,872,390 times
If ANYONE on here does not believe that any President does not listen to their spouses or take their advice on important issues are deluding themselves. Obama simply told it as it is. He said he would listen to varied people and base his opinion on what he hears and thr facts from many sources.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:25 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,512,423 times
Poor Bubba lemming...LOOK at page 2 on this thread...it is timed at 0642 today. For those of you that follow blindly without question, 0642 comes each and every morning before either 0755 or 0815, which were my post times on the other thread.

You accuse me of running over here because you were right on the other thread, when in fact, I posted HERE first, so how was I running from your truth????

You called me on nothing, except the fact that when someone expects answers on Bubba Ho his supporters try to deflect with you are old/racist/rich/or Kool-Aid drinking.

Apology accepted.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:47 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,277,307 times
Quote:
Poor Bubba lemming...LOOK at page 2 on this thread...it is timed at 0642 today. For those of you that follow blindly without question, 0642 comes each and every morning before either 0755 or 0815, which were my post times on the other thread.

You accuse me of running over here because you were right on the other thread, when in fact, I posted HERE first, so how was I running from your truth????

You called me on nothing, except the fact that when someone expects answers on Bubba Ho his supporters try to deflect with you are old/racist/rich/or Kool-Aid drinking.

Apology accepted.
My first reply to you was on the other thread, check the times. I never called you old, racist, or rich. You believed propaganda = you "drank the Kool-Aid."

Old 08-17-2008, 11:49 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,626,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
A man that won't listen to his grandmother is not a man I would want as a leader.
Wow, I thought all you libs thought that people who are 71 years old are too old to make a good decision.

You whiners go after McCains age all the time but yet like you just posted, those who wouldn't listen to granny is not a leader.

So, you agree with me then, the older you get the more experience and wisdom you get, thus, McCain has the same wisdom as your granny.

Thanks for showing us that your age lines are lies.

Cannot have it both ways Kev and libs, Kev just explained to us all that age is a good thing and your attacking McCain for being 71 is just a made up attack that means ZERO.

Thanks for clarifying the liberal partys ways Kev. The double standards are killing you people, or from my guess you party is so lost in real life you dont eve know what you have said or its meaning.

So you agree with us, McCains age gives us experience and wisdom and that is a good thing. Thanks Kev!

Old 08-17-2008, 11:49 AM

11,448 posts, read 14,511,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
She's locked in her apartment in hawaii. Even the wife and kids are not allowed to see her.
Beating up on grandma, that's about sums you up....

Old 08-17-2008, 11:54 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,872,390 times
McCain would never ask his wife's opinion. He wants to put his faith in the CEO of ebay. That should make America feel better. "How do we solve the energy problem" Maybe put it on the net for the highest bidder?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections